EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
I've felt for a while now that the undecideds shouldn't be considered as usual, likely to return to type and vote the status quo. Really concerned about this.
As I said before, there could also be a left-wing Leave vote that feels embarrassed to associated with UKIP and some of the more right-wing elements of their campaign. People who don't like the EU as an unelected institution and want to break from that instead of concentrating on the immigration factor. One of my younger brothers is more left leaning than I am and I think he's voted out.

Having seen that Newcastle result I think it might well need a big Remain vote in London and other big cities.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Older people are more xenophobic, more europhobic, more right-wing, and rely on the (cut) government more than the majority of society. They feel the effects of immigrants coming in and doing the majority of low paid jobs (i.e. in the care industries), and may not like that.
And of course they vote Tory and UKIP in greater numbers...the two parties who are strongest for Brexit.

Phil

Aye and that will include some leave votes. To be fair I can't help but blame the people of London, transport in London is always fecking mental. Plan better.
Lol. FYI, This shows a lot of ignorance of what happened today.

Older people are more xenophobic, more europhobic, more right-wing, and rely on the (cut) government more than the majority of society. They feel the effects of immigrants coming in and doing the majority of low paid jobs (i.e. in the care industries), and may not like that.
Fair, good answer. Thanks.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Tried to sleep but couldn't. Refresh the page and I see posters about to top themselves.
David Cameron is a cnut for putting this to a vote. I'm bricking it.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
One night I feel like Laura Kuenssberg is going to visit me in my dreams, and take away all happiness in my world.

Where the feck is Clackmannanshire?

NinjaFletch

Turn out at 67% and two of the votes so far from Scotland.

Sounds like Scotland's turnout going to be down on the national average, thats really bad news.