Europa League Final | Atalanta vs Leverkusen | Match thread

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
I fear Atalanta will be ripped hard in the summer. I already see PL clubs offering +£50m for Lookman, Ederson and Koopmeiners
They seem to be decent at finding replacements when selling their top players for big money to richer clubs. I think Scalvini is their biggest gem at the moment and that he'll stay at another season or two.

KeanoMagicHat

:lol: that was not a canter, that was absolute blood and thunder from them. They will be shattered!
Yeah that was the hardest working canter I've ever seen! In a literal sense. The scoreline was comfortable but they worked their bollocks off.

RoyH1

Gasperini masterclass. Wonder why Bayern doesn’t go for him instead of friggin Kompany. This guy knows how to beat Leverkusen

always_hoping

I know you're probably joking, but if anyone seriously thinks we're capable of producing a performance like that under Ten Hag, they're deluded!
You sound convinced Ten Hag will still be manager this time next year? and for the record Ten Hag did knock Real Madrid out of Europe one season on their home patch.

Marvin look out

Amazing stuff from Atalanta. This is the trophy they deserve from their last six seasons of enthralling play (considering Juve keep mugging them in Coppa Italia finals).
Absolutely.

This trophy validates Gasperini's work of many years and will earn him more recognition than what he's received so far.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Guardiola once said "playing Atalanta is like going to the dentist".

In Guardiola's case, what he says does not necessarily have to be what he thinks, but this time I think he really meant it.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Why does the Europa league final go before the conference league final?

Also, move all finals back to Wednesday night
I think all 3 should be same Saturday in different cities. 12:30, 3pm and 8 pm kick offs

always_hoping

This is a myth, Inter made a mistake starting Dzeko over him. He missed a sitter and had another hit him, but they created nothing until he came on, after which they had like 3-4 very good opportunities. You need pace to counter City, unfortunately their manager didn't see it. They could have won that game tbh
Was thinking of the Europa league final v Sevilla

Oranges038

That's just a reductive way of looking at things :lol: 1 trophy means you're a Moyes manager. Football is complex than that
Almost like different managers can have different ways of playing and still end up with the same at the end of it.

Gasperini is a Moyes level manager, he just has a different approach. He's just got his first decent trophy now, just like Moyes got his with West Ham. Well done to him.

marktan

Is Gasperini going to stick around? He is getting old but their team is still young. Performances like that they could do a decent job in the CL next season

E-mal

Almost like different managers can have different ways of playing and still end up with the same at the end of it.

Gasperini is a Moyes level manager, he just has a different approach. He's just got his first decent trophy now, just like Moyes got his with West Ham. Well done to him.
Moyes had United.
It is so reductive, is Alonso a Moyes level manager?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

You've moved the goalposts then. The number of trophies doesn't determine the level of a manager. Besides winning a Europa league means a lot more than the ECL, so all trophies aren't even equal.
Alonso won 1 league title, Poch has 1 league title. Do you view them the same ? Actually Poch has more trophies overall so far

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Atalanta fully deserve this as they were better team. Gasperini tactically outdid Xabi as well.

Not taking anything away from Atalanta by any means, but Xabi really fecked it up tactically and massively helped their press game by starting with a false nine.