F1 2016 Season with Fantasy League see Threadmark

Mark_GrumpyLion

Great Mark. @pauldyson1uk usually sets up the league, and it's very easy to do. I would suggest just register, and wait for Paul to set up the new Redcafe league so we can join. (The old league is named 2015, so best wait for the new one to be set up). Register and watch this space.....If needs be, any one of us can quickly set up a Redcafe league.
Done & Done. Looking forward to my inevitable mid-table finish.

pauldyson1uk

Great Mark. @pauldyson1uk usually sets up the league, and it's very easy to do. I would suggest just register, and wait for Paul to set up the new Redcafe league so we can join. (The old league is named 2015, so best wait for the new one to be set up). Register and watch this space.....If needs be, any one of us can quickly set up a Redcafe league.
I will be setting a new one for the season, will do it sometime this week.

pauldyson1uk

Jolyon Palmer has announced that he will race the number '30' in Formula 1.

The new Renault race driver is stepping up from a test driver role to a race-seat this season as he fills the void left by Romain Grosjean.

The former GP2 Series champion is expected to partner Kevin Magnussen as reports claim Pastor Maldonado is set to be dropped after his sponsorship dried up.

As his preparations for his debut season continue, Palmer has announced his race number.

"I can officially confirm that I will be using number 30 this year. #JP30," he tweeted.

pauldyson1uk

Here is the list of races C4 will be showing live this season.

Bahrain–1st-3rdApril (4.00pm)

Spain
–13th-15th May (1.00pm)

Europe (Azerbaijan) – 17th-19th June (TBC)

Britain– 8th-10th July (1.00pm)

Hungary– 22nd-24th July (1.00pm)

Belgium– 26th-28th August (1.00pm)

Italy– 2nd-4th September (1.00pm)

Malaysia– 30th September-2nd October (8.00am)

Mexico – 28th-30th October (7.00pm)

Abu Dhabi– 25th-27th November (1.00pm)

Channel 4 will broadcast live coverage including practice sessions and qualifying.

Mark_GrumpyLion

I have been having a look at the other Fantasy sites and found this one http://fantasy.planetf1.com/

You get £100m for up to 4 drivers, constructor and engines.
You can pick your own or let the computer pick for you.
I think this is better than the one we used last season.
I have set up a League, have a look see what you think, if you think it is OK and want to join, the more the better.

Leauge Name RedCafe League
Password redcafe
Trying to get in, but it says the password is incorrect.

Mark_GrumpyLion

This is the message I was sent to send out, will email them and see what the problem is .

I've joined Fantasy Racing at
http://fantasy.planetf1.com

and I bet that my team, Billy Jack Racing, will beat any team you can put together!

Join my mini-league if you think you've got the best managerial mind . Go to the game at http://fantasy.planetf1.com and go to 'Register to Play', pick your team then use the ‘mini-league admin' option to join my mini-league.

The details you need are:
League Name:
RedCafe Leauge
League password:
redcafe2016

I only set it up this morning , might take a while for their computer to update the website.
It works now. I copied the data above and League was spelled differently in your first post compared to the email. Cheers mate :)

Mark_GrumpyLion

That's diplomatic. Being nice won't win you any World Championship matey Mwahahaha!!!!!!!!

BTW: Can't select my bonus track either:confused:
I got Rosberg in my team because just like him, I tend to play the nice guy never realising his true potential because he is to polite go just say "feck it, it's all about me now."
feck that, I'm going for top spot!

pauldyson1uk

Pastor Maldonado has confirmed he will not be in Formula 1 for the 2016 season.

The South American was scheduled to drive for the rebadged Renault team in the upcoming campaign but has lost his seat after his sponsors fell behind on payments.

Maldonado's principal backers, the Venezuelan state-owned oil company PDVSA, are believed to have paid around £20m annually for the 31-year-old's seat. However, the country's economy has collapsed in recent weeks amid falling oil prices.
"Today with the utmost humility I inform you that I will not be present at the starting grid for the 2016 F1 season," Maldonado confirmed.

"Thanks for all your messages of support, passion and concern for my future. I feel very honoured with the support of all of you and proud of my professional performance."

Renault, who announced that Maldonado would be staying on for 2016 four months ago, are yet to comment. However, the team will hold a media launch event on Wednesday in Paris in which they are expected to confirm that Kevin Magussen, who left McLaren in December, will partner Jolyon Palmer for the new season.

Giggsy92

Always thought he was a bit harshly done by but he hasn't really shown anything to justify a place on the grid in the last few years, which is a shame because he really did have some moments of brilliance in 2012.

pauldyson1uk

Always thought he was a bit harshly done by but he hasn't really shown anything to justify a place on the grid in the last few years, which is a shame because he really did have some moments of brilliance in 2012.
He only ever had his drive because of the money he brought in, his ability was below par for me and never showed any sustained quality.

pauldyson1uk

Renault are expected to confirm Kevin Magnussen will partner Jolyon Palmer for the 2016 F1 season at a launch event in Paris on Wednesday.

Magnussen is poised to replace Pastor Maldonado after the South American announced on Monday he would not be on the 2016 grid.

Maldonado had previously been confirmed as a Renault driver for 2016 but the collapse of the Venezuelan economy reportedly resulted in PDVSA, the country's state-owned oil company, failing to keep up with sponsorship payments worth approximately £20m.

Magnussen drove for McLaren in 2014 but was dropped to accommodate the return of Fernando Alonso and then left the team late last year.

It is expected that Renault will use the yellow colour scheme that their cars were adorned in during their previous stint as a fully-fledged constructor.

The launch will be streamed live on the Sky Sports Digital platforms with regular updates on Sky Sports News HQ.

In addition to revealing their car and driver line-up, Renault's new management structure will also be confirmed with Frederic Vasseur, the boss of GP2 outfit ART, expected to be named team principal.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Happy for Magnussen, I think he deserves his seat. Will be interesting to see him develop as a driver, I still have high hopes for him.

Norris

Any Info on the new boys entering this year ?? And I really hope Ferrari can make it a tighter contest than last year. Also what are the rule changes for this year?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Didnt realize Manor had secured Mercedes power units for the seaaon.

They should get some good results.

pauldyson1uk

Mercedes protege Pascal Wehrlein has been named as Manor's first race driver for the 2016 season.

The 21-year-old German has served as understudy to Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg at Mercedes since 2014 and last year became the youngest ever champion in DTM, Germany's leading touring car series.

Manor had been the only team on the grid not to name either of their drivers for the new season, but with less than two weeks until testing begins in Spain, the Banbury-based outfit have finally announced the arrival of Wehrlein.

The youngster had been linked to a race seat at the team ever since they secured the coup of Mercedes engines for 2016. Wehrlein will be the second rookie on the grid after Renault's Jolyon Palmer, and the fourth German driver.

"Manor Racing is a great place for me to start my Formula 1 racing career - I'm very pleased to be here," said Wehrlein.

"It's a small and totally focused team and I soon hope to know everyone. Though it's my first F1 season my aim is to help [owner] Stephen [Fitzpatrick] and the guys achieve their goals.

"It will be a tough challenge but I think we should be able to challenge for points along the way. It's going to be good fun."

Wehrlein competed seven test days last season, four for Mercedes and three for Force India, having first driven an F1 car in late 2014.

"A word for my racing family at Mercedes-Benz, and particularly for Toto [Wolff], who have guided my career thus far and made this opportunity possible," he added. "Thanks for the incredible support to help me achieve my dream; now it's down to me to grab the moment and perform on track."

pauldyson1uk

The season is nearly here, here are the launch dates

Renault R.S.16 (Renault) February 3 Paris, France
Red Bull RB12 (TAG Heuer) February 17 (livery only) London, UK
Ferrari TBC (Ferrari) February 19 Online
McLaren MP4-31 (Honda) February 21 Online
Haas TBC (Ferrari) February 22 Barcelona, Spain
Manor MRT05 (Mercedes) February 22 Barcelona, Spain
Force India VJM09 (Mercedes) February 22 Barcelona, Spain
Toro Rosso STR11 (Ferrari) February 29 (official) Barcelona, Spain
Sauber C35 (Ferrari) March 1 Barcelona, Spain

pauldyson1uk

I take it he come with funding from somewhere?

The 2016 Formula 1 driver line-up is now complete with Rio Haryanto getting the final seat at Manor.

The 23-year-old will become the first Indonesian driver to compete in F1 after his management team signed a deal believed to be in the region of 15 million Euros.

"Manor Racing is a team with an exciting vision and ambitious plans," Haryanto said. "They have produced a great package and I can’t wait to get in the car.

"Melbourne will be a huge moment for me, my country, supporters and fans and I want to thank everyone who’s been with me since I started in single seaters; 2016 is my chance to reward that faith and represent Asia in F1."

It means Manor will have an all-rookie pairing this season as reigning DTM champion Pascal Wehrlein will be in the other seat.

Haryanto graduates to the F1 grid after four seasons in GP2, with his fourth in the standings last year his best finish.

"We are delighted to announce Rio as our second race driver for 2016. Rio's been racing since he first got into a kart at six years old," Manor owner Stephen Fitzpatrick said.

"He's tenacious on and off the track and made a big impression on last year's GP2 battle. Rio's huge following in Indonesia is great for the team and for F1.

"They are keen to see him on the grid and we're confident that we'll see him enjoying some exciting battles in the year ahead."

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I always love the way a Ferrari F1 car looks, they just feel like what an F1 car should look like.

The Merc is quite nice, not sure about the Haas yet.

Not into the black McLaren.