F1 2016 Season with Fantasy League see Threadmark

mu77

I see where your coming from , but like every walk of life its all about saving money and being seen to be green.
no it's F1 - feck green , and it's not cheap. so we lose the excitement and it costs loads and it's losing fans. at least older fans. i have a mate who left sky and F1 to do the NFL with another smaller company. they had all sorts last yr including no race in germany FFS! rant over.

pauldyson1uk

no it's F1 - feck green , and it's not cheap. so we lose the excitement and it costs loads and it's losing fans. at least older fans. i have a mate who left sky and F1 to do the NFL with another smaller company. they had all sorts last yr including no race in germany FFS! rant over.
I totally agree but like it or not , its the times we live in , cheap and lean

spwd

I can't believe they're going to actually widen the cars next year along with all the new regs, surely that's going to make it even harder to overtake, yes they will go faster around the corners (around 20mph apparently) but Monaco will be a precession than it is already and quite a few other tracks suffer from this too.

They seem to come up with a decent idea ( the wider tyres etc to give more grip making them faster) then fecking it up by making them wider so they can't get past lol

mu77

I totally agree but like it or not , its the times we live in , cheap and lean
wouldn't costs go down if you eliminated all the hybrid tech , the gear boxes. maybe more mfgs join with more than a few engines and one tire mfgs. keep changes to a minimum. they are plenty fast but dull as.............

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Great start for Lewis. An exciting start in general tbf.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
This is going to be a boring race
Agreed. Was a good start but the moment Hamilton opened up a gap at the front, regulation racing beckoned. Had hoped the Red Bull's could have kept pace and made it engaging but that appears to have been wishful thinking.

Rooney1987

So Mercedes saying they’ll pit Rosberg first, before leading Hamilton, as he’s vulnerable to Ricciardo. Hmm.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
These petty penalties are getting ridiculous. Worse than golfing regulations
I don't know which was the more frustrating part of that. The fact that the engineer was oblivious to such a well publicised rule at this stage, particularly after the last race, or the fact that the rule is so ridiculous

Count Orduck

Oh look, Verstappen is swerving all over the road again. He constantly changes direction when defending. This is not the first time he's done that. He did it to Rosberg at Silverstone really obviously too.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
F1 is so fecking shit.

Hamilton in the lead in the championship now. I doubt he'll relinquish it.

Count Orduck

I thought you weren't meant to move in the braking zone?
You're not, but Verstappen gets away with everything. He's F1's little golden boy and so the higher ups are much too busy sucking his dick to actually do anything about his cheating. I thought they might have done something after he almost took Rosberg out in Silverstone by swerving around in the braking zone when being overtaken, but apparently not. Instead, his teenage petulance and dangerous driving is "endearing."

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Rosberg is lucky he is even this close in the championship. He built a lead because of all of Lewis' problems and now he's even managed to blow it all away.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
F1 is so fecking shit.

Hamilton in the lead in the championship now. I doubt he'll relinquish it.
Couldn't watch it today for more than about 15 minutes, the excitement has just gone from it.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Is there any chance for re-fueling during the races to come back?
The last time it was discussed (last year) the teams rejected it.

As well as the extra costs involved, the idea of moving away from energy recovery systems which help road car technology isn't one manufacturers like especially with all the recent investment. They also feel it wouldn't add to the strategy aspect as there are bigger problems like tyres that need resolving. These have been changed for next year with more focus on aerodynamics aswell and lifting restrictions on engines so others can catch up. I therefore don't see it coming back any time soon as teams have the power but the F1 ownership should change hands soon so you never know...

Wicked_Badger

I thought you weren't meant to move in the braking zone?
It bugs me. Verstappen is talented and pretty quick but gets away with things others don't. Some of his defensive moves are questionable at the very least and the stewards continue to ignore. I think he'll seriously hurt himself or another driver at some point.

It's annoying because I love the drivers that take risks and live completely on the edge. But for me there's something about him that seems a little on the arsehole side of risk taking. Ricciardo, Hamilton and others like Perez are aggressive but usually know when to back off. Maybe it's just an age thing but I fear it's a attitude/sense of entitlement thing, fed by the media and in particular his dad.

Still think Carlos would have done a stellar job in the Red Bull.

Completely dull race though, annoying that you just can't overtake. Even down into turn one seemed less eventful than previous years - maybe down to the smoothing of the track and all the drivers feeling a little more confident on the brakes?

Standings after Race 11

pauldyson1uk

Standings after Race 11

Good week for top of the league Cartman , increases his lead from 2 points to 20 points , Well Done taken a firm grip on the lead at the half way stage of the season.
FC Ronaldo drops 3 places, with myself and Wicked badgers both gaining a place.
MANSELLS MOUTSTACHE 's race up the leauge stalled this week.

Team of the race is Redfish-Alfa with a jump of 3 places from 8th to 5th, also have to give a shout out to League leaders, Cartman increasing his lead from 2 to 20 points is outstanding.

Next race is Sunday 29th July, last race before the 4 week summer break.

1st eric cartman Cartman 855
2nd panther F1 835
3rd saforrest Wicked_badgers 820
4th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 819
5th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 812
6th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 811
7th christy87 Langers on a mission 802
8th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 797
9th krits teabagggers 779
10th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 775
11th impulse Team 3 769
12th dargonk Dargon's crew 735
13th giggsy92 TeamRocket 734
14th uniquim Toyota F1 732
15th leg-end Better Call Bernie 720
16th sun_tzu 2inthegoo1inthepoo 720
17th dante dante 711
18th highoncaf Enzo's Red 707
19th thebest191 TheBest 631
20th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 628
21st sigma Mike Wazowski's Eye 603
22nd rpitroda Spasian Racing 568
23rd senorgregster Hamilton Academical 528

Panther

Just realised I still have £9.4m in my budget. Going to put Force India aero and Toro Rosso chassis. Already have Hamilton, Versappen and Riccardo as drivers and Mercedes engine so I think it's good now.

spwd

catching up with the race after having to do jobs for the in laws.
The drive thought for Button was a joke, FIA need to sort out this radio massages bullshit.
Couldn't agree more, like he said if a brake pedal going to the floor isn't a safety issue then what is?

Pscholes18

When Hamilton took the lead my heart sank....knew he wouldnt relinquish it and although Nico closed up the times a bit he wasn't going to catch him....ffs I hope next season other teams can actually challenge for the lead....F1 is quite exciting when these cars actually are racing for position.

I'd like to get everyones thoughts on how F1 can become more even....what are some ideas to even out the field a bit if any? Or should it be left as is?

pauldyson1uk

Ferrari have confirmed that their technical chief, James Allison, has left the team with immediate effect.

Mattia Binotto will replace Allison and assume the position of Chief Technical Officer.

Allison's wife passed away in March and his departure from Maranello has been widely expected in order for him to spend more time with his family in England

pauldyson1uk

Toto Wolff is relishing the prospect of Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg fighting over a single vacancy at Mercedes and has opened up on the options F1's world champions could have at their disposal in the 2018 transfer market.

Hamilton and Rosberg will remain as team-mates for at least another two years after the German signed a new two-year deal ahead of the Hungarian GP.

But with the pair's respective contracts expiring at the end of 2018, it raises the possibility of the duo having to fight it out for a single seat in 2019 if Mercedes seek a younger driver.

pauldyson1uk

Lewis Hamilton is setting a bad example as F1 world champion with his behaviour, according to Haas driver Esteban Gutierrez.

The Mexican remains angered by the gesture the Mercedes driver gave him during the Hungarian GP after being held up by the backmarker while fighting for victory against Nico Rosberg.

"He must be aware that people are looking up to him and if he wants to give a good example this is not the way to do it," an unhappy Gutierrez told Sky Sports News after arriving in Hockenheim for the German Grand Prix.

"It's also not a good thing to criticise an opponent who is trying to do his best and trying to do the safest thing. He must be aware he has a car which is much more superior to my car.
"But for him being a world champion it is even more important in his position to give the right example - not only to kids, but to the world."

Although Hamilton hasn't apologised for the gesture, Sky Sports has been told that the world champion has sought to make contact with Gutierrez since Sunday's race at the Hungaroring.

"Being a world champion doesn't give you the right to be disrespectful to your competitors," tweeted Gutierrez directly at Hamilton immediately after the Budapest event.