F1 2016 Season with Fantasy League see Threadmark

Giggsy92

Q1's been a fine example of why they don't let them drive in the wet. Rosberg's looking really hooked up, could be a big weekend for him.

mu77

Williams letting massa make the call - (facepalm) - too early to go to greens

Count Orduck

Well done Alonso. Just fecking retire already, you whingy useless cnut. You contribute nothing to the sport anymore except constantly bitching on the radio and getting in the fecking way.

Leg-End

There were yellow flags and Rosberg didn't slow down.
They must have cleared before he got there.

Hamilton was 4 tenths up on his own time in S1 alone, was on a mega lap. Hate it when we don't get to see the shootout lap, whole session was disjointed thus making it dissapointing viewing.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
They showed a short replay where there were yellow flags being waved in front of Rosberg, but let's see.

Giggsy92

Double yellow means be prepared to stop, don't see how he can get away with setting a purple sector.

pauldyson1uk

The FIA have, handily, printed out a sheet containing the exact regulation about yellow flags and handed it to the written media here in Budapest.
Here's the distinction between a single and double-waved yellow flag. Remember, the Rosberg incident relates to the latter.

Single waved: Reduce your speed, do not overtake, and be prepared to change direction. There is a hazard beside or partly on the track

Double waved: Reduce your speed significantly, do not overtake, and be prepared to change direction or stop. There is a hazard wholly or partly blocking the track and/or marshals working on or beside the track.

So, the key word to all of this appears to be 'significantly'...

Did Nico reduce enough though the double yellows?

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
watching the video , I think they are correct, double yellows were out , Nico did not slow down and to boot had a purple sector.
Purple sector could be explained with the drying track. He did slow down, it's just if they can argue that it was 'significant' which is probably a tough sell

pauldyson1uk

Interesting line from Christian Horner on Rosberg's middle sector: "It's down to the stewards to decide."

Could there be another twist in the tale?

"One thing I need to check," says Horner. "Rosberg was behind Daniel and managed to get a purple middle sector, with a car which I don't know whether it had cleared or not by the time he got there."

Did Red Bull make the call?

spwd

Ridiculous if he gets away with another misdemeanour because that one for not turning and hitting Lewis was a pisstake!

Wicked_Badger

Haven't really seen it but thought surely setting the fastest lap of any of the seasons under yellows & setting a purple sector means that he didn't heed them enough?

Meh, at least we'll get to see them shoot it out at the front. Boring when they're too far apart, want some Bahrain type action again.

Count Orduck

No further action for Nico Rosberg and the German keeps his Hungarian GP pole position.
Gotta keep the championship exciting! Doubt it would have been the same result if Lewis were the one being investigated.

Someone's bitter!
Maybe. But I'm not wrong, am I? ;)

Orduck's posts in here are the most entertaining thing about F1 these days.
Thanks mate, I try my best. In all honesty, it's the only way I can keep F1 interesting for myself. It's got so boring in the past five/ten years.

Last edited:

Giggsy92

It's a farcical decision, yet all too predictable. The FIA lawyers dealing with the Bianchi lawsuit must be thrilled.

Anyway it sounds like they're sending both Red Bulls down the grid for breaking the 107% rule, which is an even more idiotic decision that'll dominate the pre-shows tomorrow.

Count Orduck

It's a farcical decision, yet all too predictable. The FIA lawyers dealing with the Bianchi lawsuit must be thrilled.

Anyway it sounds like they're sending both Red Bulls down the grid for breaking the 107% rule, which is an even more idiotic decision that'll dominate the pre-shows tomorrow.
Tbh, F1 has been a farce for a while now. When it's not stupid decisions or regulations ruining races (eg the moronic pit radio shite), then it's the awful tyres not letting anyone actually push hard and race on them without them exploding or wearing out in two laps, or the fact that over-taking seems to be a thing of the past, or increasingly scatter-brained technical rules changes causing the sport to become less and less exciting. I only still watch it because my dad loves it and likes having someone to talk to about it, so I don't want to leave him disappointed by giving up on it.

mu77

it has become over techno. i've said it before , go back to a manual gearbox. bigger engine , better sound. they sound like remington shavers.