F1 2017 Season

Moiraine

This is why refueling should be allowed back again in F1. It is very unfair on drivers who have great pace in certain periods of the race, can't express it because they are stuck behind some lame a** driver and it is literally impossible to overtake these days.

Why the FIA are trying to make it as boring as possible, is beyond me.

Krits

Didn't Kimi ask about pitting? Seb seemed surprised at how much more pace he had after he got in to free air.

Not saying it wasn't team orders, but I'm not 100% convinced it was either. Consider the fact that Kimi was struggling, if Botas had some decent pace after the pit stop, he could have jumped them both and normally the lead car gets the first stop.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Didn't Kimi ask about pitting? Seb seemed surprised at how much more pace he had after he got in to free air.

Not saying it wasn't team orders, but I'm not 100% convinced it was either. Consider the fact that Kimi was struggling, if Botas had some decent pace after the pit stop, he could have jumped them both and normally the lead car gets the first stop.
I think lead car gets option of preferred strategy not first to pit.

Dan

Huge crash just then, driver walked away ok.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Christ, Hollywood would do well to make a stunt look as 'spectacular' as that, excellent that both drivers walked away apparently unhurt. Some engineering.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Looks like a photographer just about got fecked

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Never got the fuss about Monte Carlo. The most boring race track in history.

Dan

These rotating onboard cameras produce some good shots.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Never got the fuss about Monte Carlo. The most boring race track in history.
It's the prestige and atmosphere of it. I love every minute of it even though it is rare to see much on-track overtakes. I've been to Monte Carlo but never at a race. It's my dream to go to a race

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
are Indy cars not like F1 , not heating on the tyres, just left sitting there.
They must be set up to anticipate these events. From the races ive seen there are lots of stops like this. Not worth driving off into the distance because of it. Be close to the front with 5 or so laps left seems to be the strategy.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
all to do with its history, I have seen some really good Monaco races, most in the wet but the past few years it has not been a good race.
Any race track can become exciting in the wet. I've only been watching F1 for 6 years so I'm not well versed in the history. There's simply no space to overtake.
It's the prestige and atmosphere of it. I love every minute of it even though it is rare to see much on-track overtakes. I've been to Monte Carlo but never at a race. It's my dream to go to a race
I can imagine it being fun for people watching it live.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
From what I remember you'll see more crashes right after restart. It gets frustrating.

Edit: commentary just said it. Bunch up on each restart and drivers want to pick up places.