F1 2017 Season

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
It was Vettels fault in the end, but I still feel coming off a corner you should at least accelerate some.
Vettel is fighting for a championship and doesn't want Hamilton to gain any advantage.

The fault with the system to be honest is how the safety car is worked.
There is clearly better ways to implement the start from a SC.

There should be a line on the track after the safety car leaves, which is the point which all drivers know they can accelerate and up to the point between the safety car leaving and that line, a VSC is deployed so all cars are at a constant speed.
Why? Should weaving around on a straight slower than a SC be allowed? Braking on a straight under SC? These are all done. The onus is on the car behind to use an appropriate stopping distance.

Robertd0803

Seb refusing to acknowledge what he'd done in post race interviews tells you everything you need to know, he's a proper little bitch at times.
He does have a history of this doesn't he?

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...rther-punishment-for-lewis-hamilton-collision

Vettel could face further punishment.

Would be well deserved. Seems to be in complete denial that he did anything wrong. Was a back flag incident all day long.
How he wasn't black flagged I don't know. Shit decision by the stewards and the FIA should throw the book at him.

pauldyson1uk

I just dont get all the Lewis was at fault, it is all over Facebook pages.
I am a Lewis fan but I am also the first to blast him if he does any thing wrong.
He was totally blameless , Seb was at fault for messing up.
Pity he does not have the balls to admit it.
He deserved a black flag , maybe Charlie did not have the balls to give it.
BUT the FIA have given the penalty, I dont think he should get any more.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I think the problem with Hamilton is, he's just a very unlikable person.
I can't stand him myself, always comes across as an absolute nob. People can't get behind people like that

pauldyson1uk

I think the problem with Hamilton is, he's just a very unlikable person.
I can't stand him myself, always comes across as an absolute nob. People can't get behind people like that
Yeah I can understand that and some what agree with you, but is that not the same of any sportsman that wants to win.
Both Lewis and Seb are nobs on the track , but off the track Seb is a good laugh and so is Lewis

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Just watched race now (was spoiler-free going in so was amazing). Why was Vettel not DQ'd? Mental he was allowed to still race. Hamilton a clown but felt for him a bit. Happy for Ricciardo.

Sigma

Yeah I can understand that and some what agree with you, but is that not the same of any sportsman that wants to win.
Both Lewis and Seb are nobs on the track , but off the track Seb is a good laugh and so is Lewis
Vettel is far more likeable off track and its not even a contest.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I have not seen any on here, but on lots of F1 pages on Facebook there is many, quite a few saying that the FIA are lying and Lewis was totally at fault.
I don't doubt it, but F-Red is called people hypocrites when nobody on here has come close to defending the reaction.

F-Red

I don't doubt it, but F-Red is called people hypocrites when nobody on here has come close to defending the reaction.
Is called? Has surely. I'm not calling anyone a hypocrite, it's the classic F1 post here with a 'Yeah Vettel has done it, and he's a really nasty pasty, but the other driver was a dickhead for driving on a day ending in Y'. As some mild form of justification, bit embarrassing really when the matter was pretty black & white.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Is called? Has surely. I'm not calling anyone a hypocrite, it's the classic F1 post here with a 'Yeah Vettel has done it, and he's a really nasty pasty, but the other driver was a dickhead for driving on a day ending in Y'. As some mild form of justification, bit embarrassing really when the matter was pretty black & white.
Called was a typo, quite obviously.

As the for the rest, your initial post was this:

Interesting how Maldonado in Spa 2011 vs Vettel doing something similar in 2017 has polar opposite reaction. Maldonado crucified in 2011, Vettel accepted in 2017 :lol:

The F1 Thread 2011 Season
Which was blatantly trying to talk about hypocrisy. I then specifically asked you if anyone has defended it and you said "yes, in an indirect way" and you've now moved on to some other nonsense after being asked to show a single post backing it up.

F-Red

No, you've missed the point (again) Nick, and taking it quite personally.

The point was that considering Vettel is some what revered on this thread, the comparison to someone who isn't popular doing a very similar maneuver on the same individual is like chalk & cheese in terms of reaction. Crucifixion for Maldonado, and Vettel with "Yeah he's a bad lad for doing it, but Hamilton was asking for it", with some kind of justification for the action. The matters were very similar.

As i said, it doesn't take a genius to read between the lines on some of the posts, and the tone they're getting at.

Fantasy Leauge after Race 8

pauldyson1uk

New leaders this week, Wicked_badgers made the most of a crazy result to leapfrog TT_Caf and with a 6 point lead.

Teams of the race.

1st Dragon's Team 100 points
2nd Wicked_badgers 92 points
Joint 3rd Toyoda , Billy Jack Racing , Team 3 , Hamilton Academical all with 90 points

Standings after Race 8

1st saforrest Wicked_badgers 750
2nd the taurean TT_Caf 744
3rd venkman Toyoda 725
4th eric cartman Cartman 722
5th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 721
6th impulse Team 3 703
7th senorgregster Hamilton Academical 698
8th hp88 hp88 668
9th balljy RedShift 668
10th giggsy92 TeamRocket 635
11th evan7788 Evan GP 632
12th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 616
13th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 614
14th dpansheth Rock 613
15th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 606
16th christy87 Langers on a mission 601
17th dargonk Dargon's crew 585
18th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 571
19th jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 565
20th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 561

Next race is Austria 9th July, light out 13:00 (UK TIME)
Plenty of time to make your changes.

darioterios

most exciting race in some time and people want it dropped??
Well I'm a Ferrari fan so I have no problem admitting this race made my blood boil. Also that's why I restrained myself from making any further post for this race

Krits

I would love to see more of these type of tracks. All other modern race tracks are so boring. There is a bit of a cheat mode with straight line speed on this track but there is action happening all the time, which is good. An unpredictable race is a fun race.

RedFish

I would love to see more of these type of tracks. All other modern race tracks are so boring. There is a bit of a cheat mode with straight line speed on this track but there is action happening all the time, which is good. An unpredictable race is a fun race.
Completely agree, rather than those 10 car wide motorway excuses of a track in a places so soulless you'd be forgiven for thinking a zombie apocalypse had just happened, except there was nothing to do so the zombies fecked off.

GloryHunter07

It was a good race and i like the track but i think i could do without the endless safety car shenanigans.

NK86

No, you've missed the point (again) Nick, and taking it quite personally.

The point was that considering Vettel is some what revered on this thread, the comparison to someone who isn't popular doing a very similar maneuver on the same individual is like chalk & cheese in terms of reaction. Crucifixion for Maldonado, and Vettel with "Yeah he's a bad lad for doing it, but Hamilton was asking for it", with some kind of justification for the action. The matters were very similar.

As i said, it doesn't take a genius to read between the lines on some of the posts, and the tone they're getting at.
More than Vettel, you will see more Lewis' fans on here.

RedFish

I do like both Seb and Lewis, although I've always been a Lewis fan. Clearly both great drivers and let's be honest, a bit of needle between the two is fecking great for the championship from an entertainment point of view......''End of the story!!'' as Seb put it on Sunday.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I do like both Seb and Lewis, although I've always been a Lewis fan. Clearly both great drivers and let's be honest, a bit of needle between the two is fecking great for the championship from an entertainment point of view......''End of the story!!'' as Seb put it on Sunday.
It said earlier on SSN that they are 'reinvestigating the Vettel/Hamilton incident'. Seems a bit weird.

spwd

Yeah saw that too, it's been proven that Lewis didn't slow down and just because seb expected him to accelerate doesn't mean Lewis brake tested him, Lewis is in control of the race and the sc was pretty close so he just rolled through the corner and seb hit him up the ass, if that's what had happened then they're wouldn't have been any penalty.

Obviously seb then drove into Lewis which is a completely different incident which as Lewis and many others pointed out was very dangerous and if all you get is a ten second stop and go then it'll happen more and it's such a bad example to set from an ex champion, you just cannot do that so I hope he gets a ban or at least disqualified from the race.

When he knocked Webber off the track and Cauthen big accident he blamed Mark for it, the blokes a prat.

pauldyson1uk

Seb was 100% in the wrong and should have been black flagED on Sunday , but they bottled it and only gave a 10 second stop and go.
I dont agree that they go back and review it , they thought it was enough on Sunday, all this will do is cause more shite.
I can only see 2 options open to the FIA , DNQ Seb from Sundays race and take the points away from him or ban him for the next race.

spwd

I think they should disqualify him and remove the points because then it all ends at that circuit.

Pscholes18

Absolutely ridiculous they are looking more into this....Vet gave him a bump...so fecking what? Didn't hurt either car....he was penalized, cost himself the race....fair enough, move on.

Sigma

Absolutely ridiculous they are looking more into this....Vet gave him a bump...so fecking what? Didn't hurt either car....he was penalized, cost himself the race....fair enough, move on.
I agree. The only reason he bumped him in the first place was that it was a slow speed and he knew there would be no damage to each car because it was wheel to wheel. There's no way he would have done that at high speed. I think the punishment is fair (as he was in the wrong). I don't really expect them to award any extra punishment though.

Rooney1987

I agree. The only reason he bumped him in the first place was that it was a slow speed and he knew there would be no damage to each car because it was wheel to wheel. There's no way he would have done that at high speed. I think the punishment is fair (as he was in the wrong). I don't really expect them to award any extra punishment though.
Just a bump? You don't just drive in to another car, high speed or not. Driver of his experience should known better. However don't think I agree with this new investigation, even if I think he got off lucky he was punished and that should be it.

That being said, this is what F1 needs a bit of fire and competition. It was a crazy race but very enjoyable.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
What a load of shit i just read! So Lewis should start from the bottom in Austria at least if they banned Seb for one race.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Read Mercedes is pushing for it. They are a bunch of sneaky cnuts who play dirt.