F1 2017 Season

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
However, do you remember Prost and Senna? Thanks god we finally have a proper battle like that one with Seb and Lewis. We want blood and nasty things ;)

pauldyson1uk

Well, if you ban Vettel for hitting Hamilton what about Bottas who clearly wanted to push Seb off the track in Spain?
utter rubbish , Bottas did nothing but hold up Seb.
Seb deliberately used his car to hit Lewis , does not matter if it was slow , fast or cause no damage, it was wrong and if that was done on a normal road, the driver would be rightly banned.
BUT Seb was given a penalty and that should be the end of it.

pauldyson1uk

However, do you remember Prost and Senna? Thanks god we finally have a proper battle like that one with Seb and Lewis. We want blood and nasty things ;)
Yeah and it was also a time when at times F1 was totally unsafe.
Yes I am all for F1 being more competitive , but not by drivers hitting other drivers with their car.

I also seem to remember Senna getting a ban for some unsafe driving.

Sigma

Read Mercedes is pushing for it. They are a bunch of sneaky cnuts who play dirt.
There's no way anything extra is going to happen. The new ownership want to make the future of F1 far more entertaining than previous years, they are not going to want a one horse race.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
There's no way anything extra is going to happen. The new ownership want to make the future of F1 far more entertaining than previous years, they are not going to want a one horse race.
Indeed. It would be a nonsense to ban Seb.

BIGbadBOO4

I agree it would now, but if Charlie had any bollocks he would have black flagged him from the race.
Completely agree. Vettel should have been black flagged for what he did. Charlie bottled it and only gave a 10 second penalty which still meant he finished above Hamilton. What made it worse was Hamilton was ordered in but Vettel was allowed to run in free air. Thus gained an advantage by ending up in front of Hamilton, Vettel should have been ordered in at same time. Doing something now shows they are Admitting they messed up on Sunday.

GloryHunter07

Completely agree. Vettel should have been black flagged for what he did. Charlie bottled it and only gave a 10 second penalty which still meant he finished above Hamilton. What made it worse was Hamilton was ordered in but Vettel was allowed to run in free air. Thus gained an advantage by ending up in front of Hamilton, Vettel should have been ordered in at same time. Doing something now shows they are Admitting they messed up on Sunday.
Yes the timing of the two coming into the pits was unfortunate.

Aparently they were worried about impacting the Championship if they black flagged Vettel but ended up inadvertently giving him an advantage by dithering for so long.

pauldyson1uk

Yes the timing of the two coming into the pits was unfortunate.

Aparently they were worried about impacting the Championship if they black flagged Vettel but ended up inadvertently giving him an advantage by dithering for so long.
But if it had been any other driver, they would have black flagged him.
Seb knew what he was doing, he knew he had misjudged what Lewis was going to do and the red mist took over.
If it had impacted the WC them the only person to blame would have been Seb, but just like Charlie he did not have the balls to come out and say yes I was wrong.
With this being said .

Max Mosley has labelled Sebastian Vettel's behaviour in the Azerbaijan GP as "intolerable" and said the German should have been disqualified from last Sunday's race.

The FIA have to look at it again and like I said before I think the only 2 things they can do is DNQ Seb and take the points away or ban him for the next race.

If it happens it wont sit well with some and the Lewis haters will just hate even more.
I am a Lewis fan but he can be a total cnut, but this time he did nothing wrong, Seb is 100% at fault.

Giggsy92

Lewis was called in during a commercial for me. I saw the reason but it looked like he had it under control. Did it become more dangerous?
Looked like he'd almost (if not completely) got it under control but he'd slowed down by then so it wouldn't have been as bad as when he was going full speed. The stewards had already told them to bring him in by that point so Merc didn't really have a choice.

ForlansHair

Button and Brundle are in agreement on Twitter that Vettel was appropriately punished. I would agree with them, you do see far more dangerous acts that would not be punished so severely. Vettel did get the most severe penalty without a DQ.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Button and Brundle are in agreement on Twitter that Vettel was appropriately punished. I would agree with them, you do see far more dangerous acts that would not be punished so severely. Vettel did get the most severe penalty without a DQ.
I just saw that and completly agree. Calls for Vettel to have been disqualified are absolutely ridiculous, much more dangerous stuff is given far lesser penalties if anything at all.

Krits

For everyone calling for DQ's. I'm just curious. Is there a set precedent? What are you basing your wish of a DQ on? Dangerous driving? Intentional Dangerous driving? I mean I've been watching Formula1 since 1999 and I certainly don't remember any driver being DQ'd for this? The most I remember is people being Black Flagged for leaving the pit lane for when the light is red. I think Massa? Montoya?

I'm not saying what Vettel did was right. Red mist descended and in the heat of the moment he tried to show Hamilton his displeasure. I highly doubt he was trying to ram himself and Hamilton out of the race.

Asking for a DQ because your poster boy didn't finish ahead of him is just as bad as the people trying to defend Vettels actions.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah, for me he was punished and that's that. It was a dick move and completely his own fault, but if he did that at speed we could start talking further punishment, not now.

Though it's amusing seeing the Ferrari/Seb fanboys moaning about dirty tactics. Ffs :lol:

Robertd0803

Love the absolutely stupid defending of Vettel. No justifying or defending his stupid carry on. Its like trying to defend Schumacher bashing in to Villeneuve or Senna taking Prost off in 1990. You can't. Or Rosberg hitting Hamiltons car in Belgium 2014 for anyone who argues ''but the world title was on the line''.

I think Hamilton is the bees knees but when he has done something daft at least I can admit that he has made a balls of something and there has been plenty of times that happened.

Krits

Love the absolutely stupid defending of Vettel. No justifying or defending his stupid carry on. Its like trying to defend Schumacher bashing in to Villeneuve or Senna taking Prost off in 1990. You can't. Or Rosberg hitting Hamiltons car in Belgium 2014 for anyone who argues ''but the world title was on the line''.

I think Hamilton is the bees knees but when he has done something daft at least I can admit that he has made a balls of something and there has been plenty of times that happened.
I'm not sure if this was aimed at me. I am not defending him though. He was stupid to do it. But am I surprised when Hamilton/Vettel/Alonso and Co sometimes act like dicks? Not even slightly. There are very few "Noble" multi-time world champions and thats for a reason. I would say Alonso seems the nicest of the current crop. But even he acts out towards his team due to his frustrations and thats also understandable. (Also, let it go on record that I think Alonso is the best driver since Schumi retired).

All I was asking is to show me where in recent history of F1 has someone been Black Flagged for dangerous driving? Its either points deduction or in race Penalties. Since Vettels actions didn't actually change the outcome for Hamiltons race, I don't see why his points need to be reduced. Hamilton would still have had to pit later in the race regardless of Vettel ever making contact with him.

Rooney1987

I'm not sure if this was aimed at me. I am not defending him though. He was stupid to do it. But am I surprised when Hamilton/Vettel/Alonso and Co sometimes act like dicks? Not even slightly. There are very few "Noble" multi-time world champions and thats for a reason. I would say Alonso seems the nicest of the current crop. But even he acts out towards his team due to his frustrations and thats also understandable. (Also, let it go on record that I think Alonso is the best driver since Schumi retired).

All I was asking is to show me where in recent history of F1 has someone been Black Flagged for dangerous driving? Its either points deduction or in race Penalties. Since Vettels actions didn't actually change the outcome for Hamiltons race, I don't see why his points need to be reduced. Hamilton would still have had to pit later in the race regardless of Vettel ever making contact with him.
I think it was more aimed the others, like look at the page before this "only a bump whats the big deal" or "well not like he did it at a high speed" and then during the race it was all well Lewis started it like it made what Seb did ok.

I agree all the great champions (which Seb and Lewis are) are ruthless. Sometime they go a little too far like Senna to Prost. I can't remember a black flag for something like that and there has been worse.

I don't think Seb should get any more punishment, he his 10 secs (well it's more 30 secs). My only problem he should have served it straight away those extra few laps give him a advantage. Also add Seb did get 3 points to his f1 license and 1 point away from a ban so I think that is enough.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Exactly. I didn't remember the last time there was a stop and go as penalty.

pauldyson1uk

For everyone calling for DQ's. I'm just curious. Is there a set precedent? What are you basing your wish of a DQ on? Dangerous driving? Intentional Dangerous driving? I mean I've been watching Formula1 since 1999 and I certainly don't remember any driver being DQ'd for this? The most I remember is people being Black Flagged for leaving the pit lane for when the light is red. I think Massa? Montoya?

I'm not saying what Vettel did was right. Red mist descended and in the heat of the moment he tried to show Hamilton his displeasure. I highly doubt he was trying to ram himself and Hamilton out of the race.

Asking for a DQ because your poster boy didn't finish ahead of him is just as bad as the people trying to defend Vettels actions
I am most definitely NOT a fan boy, Seb should have been DQ from the race, what he did was wrong.
Lewis can be a 100% grade A cock , but not this time , he was totally blameless.
The punishment given at the time should stand adding more just smacks of professionalism.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I am most definitely NOT a fan boy, Seb should have been DQ from the race, what he did was wrong.
Lewis can be a 100% grade A cock , but not this time , he was totally blameless.
The punishment given at the time should stand adding more just smacks of professionalism.
Drivers don't get DQ'd for forcing people off track at racing speeds, there's no way a DQ was called for here.

GloryHunter07

I am quite surprised ramming into someone deliberately isnt a black flag in the rulebooks tbh, but perhaps it is hard to prove intent.

Seb shouldnt be punished in two different races for the same offence but i feel a 10 second stop and go was a tad light.

Giggsy92

Asking for a DQ because your poster boy didn't finish ahead of him is just as bad as the people trying to defend Vettels actions.
Most people calling for that would be probably calling for him to have been disqualified regardless of what the finishing order was. There are very few incidents of a driver deliberately crashing into a rival during a race, but I find it amazing that some people think that using your car as a weapon isn't an automatic black flag. As for your second paragraph, perhaps worth remembering at the time of the incident Vettel had just ruined his own front wing by being asleep and crashing into Hamilton from behind, he wasn't to know that a) he'd damaged Hamilton's car and b) he'd get a free front wing change minutes later. Only he knows what he was trying to achieve.

Think that he would have gotten away with it due to the stewards' incompetence were it not for his behaviour in Mexico last year, as it is I think the best he can hope for is some kind of suspended ban.

pauldyson1uk

Most people calling for that would be probably calling for him to have been disqualified regardless of what the finishing order was. There are very few incidents of a driver deliberately crashing into a rival during a race, but I find it amazing that some people think that using your car as a weapon isn't an automatic black flag. As for your second paragraph, perhaps worth remembering at the time of the incident Vettel had just ruined his own front wing by being asleep and crashing into Hamilton from behind, he wasn't to know that a) he'd damaged Hamilton's car and b) he'd get a free front wing change minutes later. Only he knows what he was trying to achieve.

Think that he would have gotten away with it due to the stewards' incompetence were it not for his behaviour in Mexico last year, as it is I think the best he can hope for is some kind of suspended ban.
Suspended ban is a fair shout.