F1 2018 Season

gaucho_10

I'm not so sure. He's fast, but he isn't that consistently fast. YET. Which is why I also said YET. I think Vettel has too much experience now to fall away to the side that easily and to be honest he isn't that slow either. Its very easy making these daring lunges in to turns when you don't have a championship on the line. Which is why both Lewis and Vettel today were not fighting that hard for positions. That Ricciardo overtake on Bottas today doesn't come off every time. He got a bit lucky that Bottas was extremely aware at that time.

In saying that. If Ricciardo comes to Ferrari, I'll be hoping he wins it. I think he'd make a great champion.
So 2014. season doesn't count? Vettel is the one who would need to prove himself against Ricciardo.
Imo, honey badger would wipe the floor with him or Hamilton.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Just noticed that it has never happened that Mercedes has failed to win the first 3 races in the hybrid engine era.

Hephaestus

Verstappen: "I don't think i have to calm myself down".

He is just a stupid baby. Never a champion.
He's spot on with what he said after the race. Both Red Bull drivers were aggressive during the race, the difference wasn't that Verstappen was in Hulk mode and Ricciardo was calm, it was that Ricciardo's judgement of when there was a chance to get past was spot on and Verstappen's wasn't. He's admitted fault, apologised and said he'll try to show better judgement in future.

Fantasy League Race 3 China

pauldyson1uk

Sorry for the delay , I have been really busy.
Fantasy League after Race 3

Mirror, Signal, Maldonado keeps his lead at the top of the table, but his lead has been reduced by Team Skytrain to 29 points

1st jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 285 X
2nd vangagal Team Skytrain 254 X
3rd 17larsson Buzzing and Hornets 248 X
4th dargonk Dargon's crew 238 X
5th muhhaa FC Romantika 237 X
6th seb_87 Red_Sky_87 228 X
7th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 224 X
8th giggsy92 TeamRocket 220 X
9th impulse Team 3 201 X
10th evan7788 altodevil86 197 X
11th eric cartman Cartman 197 X
12th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 180 X
13th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 178 X
14th hephaestus Horizon F1 173 X
15th venkman Toyoda 166 X
16th muller7uk Muller Motorsport 147

Next race is Azerbaijan 29th April lights out at 13:10( UK Time)
Make you changes or keep with your chosen drivers.
I will be doing a clean up of the table and getting rid of all the teams with nil points.

pauldyson1uk

Some good news for next season , FIA have decided from next season race-fuel allowances will increase from 105kg to 110kg in order to allow drivers to run their engines at full power throughout the duration of a grand prix.

A 100kg limit was imposed when the current V6 engines were introduced in 2014 but that was increased to 105kg last season owing to the big improvement in lap time after the sport's aerodynamic rules were overhauled.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Verstappen: "I don't think i have to calm myself down".

He is just a stupid baby. Never a champion.
Maybe they should've tried a different preseason :lol:

Seriously though, it'll take another three to four years before the prefrontal cortex in his brain is fully developed, and until that I expect to see plenty more lapses of judgement like in the last weeks. Also makes for good excitement though!

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Sorry for the delay , I have been really busy.
Fantasy League after Race 3

Mirror, Signal, Maldonado keeps his lead at the top of the table, but his lead has been reduced by Team Skytrain to 29 points

1st jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 285 X
2nd vangagal Team Skytrain 254 X
3rd 17larsson Buzzing and Hornets 248 X
4th dargonk Dargon's crew 238 X
5th muhhaa FC Romantika 237 X
6th seb_87 Red_Sky_87 228 X
7th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 224 X
8th giggsy92 TeamRocket 220 X
9th impulse Team 3 201 X
10th evan7788 altodevil86 197 X
11th eric cartman Cartman 197 X
12th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 180 X
13th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 178 X
14th hephaestus Horizon F1 173 X
15th venkman Toyoda 166 X
16th muller7uk Muller Motorsport 147

Next race is Azerbaijan 29th April lights out at 13:10( UK Time)
Make you changes or keep with your chosen drivers.
I will be doing a clean up of the table and getting rid of all the teams with nil points.
Not too bad in the end, considering i forgot to change my 2nd driver and Vettel finished 8th :D

Balljy

Some good news for next season , FIA have decided from next season race-fuel allowances will increase from 105kg to 110kg in order to allow drivers to run their engines at full power throughout the duration of a grand prix.

A 100kg limit was imposed when the current V6 engines were introduced in 2014 but that was increased to 105kg last season owing to the big improvement in lap time after the sport's aerodynamic rules were overhauled.
Sounds like a step in the right direction, but surely that will only work if more engines are available throughout the season. There's no way that teams will run races at full power when only 3 engines are allowed.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The official Formula 1 Fantasy is online now. Anyone up for a league?

Name: Redcafe League
Code: d2a757

Last edited:

Balljy

I'm not denying he has to mature a lot but you have just quoted the Daily Mail. Beyond the headline what he actually said is this "You learn from your mistakes but that doesn't mean you have to drive slower, actually faster, but maybe a little bit more in control" and "At the end of the day I can speak to a lot of people but I have to look at myself, too"

As long as he means what he says that is a fair comment and is an admittance that he has to take a look at his driving.

Hephaestus

I'm not denying he has to mature a lot but you have just quoted the Daily Mail. Beyond the headline what he actually said is this "You learn from your mistakes but that doesn't mean you have to drive slower, actually faster, but maybe a little bit more in control" and "At the end of the day I can speak to a lot of people but I have to look at myself, too"

As long as he means what he says that is a fair comment and is an admittance that he has to take a look at his driving.
Spot on. Second time he's said something pretty fair and reasonable and it's been twisted.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal

Yeah, i didn't read it well. Fair play to him, then.

Moiraine

I actually think he does have the talent to be a WC driver, but FFS with that attitude, it is only a matter of time before he causes a major crash.
He reminds me a bit of Takuma Sato in BAR Honda.
Honda had potential to win the Championship, Sato showed glimpses of the speed he had and what car (so did Button) but the season was a big feck up.

If he doesn't get his act together, he will soon end up in the likes of "Super Aguri"

Giggsy92

So whos favourite in this one? The big 3 teams seems in good pace.
Looking like a straight fight between Ferrari and Red Bull so far, Ferrari will presumably have the edge in quali once they turn the engine up but Red Bull will have their chances in the race if we get numerous (V)SCs as expected.