F1 2018 Season

pauldyson1uk

from winning Le Mans to the worst qualifying of the season so far, Alonso will be far from happy.
I see him doing Indy car racing next season, he wants to complete the Monaco , Le Mans and Indy 500 Trio, The Triple Crown of Motorsport only 1 driver has done it. Graham Hill.

Giggsy92

Impressive from Grosjean managing to find a wall to hit on this track. Almost ruined Hamilton's lap beforehand as well.

Giggsy92

Nice response this weekend from Lewis after a dismal showing in Canada. Shame we didn't get to see his true pace but good that he has Bottas as a buffer with Vettel making a mess of his last lap, could be important with supersofts vs ultrasofts off the line.

Member 90887

Nice response this weekend from Lewis after a dismal showing in Canada. Shame we didn't get to see his true pace but good that he has Bottas as a buffer with Vettel making a mess of his last lap, could be important with supersofts vs ultrasofts off the line.
If there was someone that got it right today it was the Mercedes guys. Hamilton was closer to the best time he could get, which was 1:29:850 per horner's comment. it's the other drivers that weren't able to put out a consistent lap, Vettel was pushing too hard and in my opinion, isn't more than .2 behind the Mercedes. the Redbull guys had .350 more in their cars (as per Horner's comment as well). i'm not even gonna talk about Kimi. he is letting down Ferrari and his teamate as well. it's not easy winning the championship without a teamate, and that's exactly what Vettel is trying to do.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Ferrari should really do what Red Bull did with Kvyat/Verstappen, with LeClerc/Raikonnen.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Hamilton: "It was too easy for me. I could have done even better".

Why you didn't say it in Canada, you cocky cnut?

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Ferrari on hypersofts off the line...
Ultrasofts, you mean.

I don't think that's a good thing for them. With the tyre deg they will be forced into an early pitstop, probably needing the softs from quite early on while the others are on reasonably healthy supersofts for some laps. Will probably get overcut by at least one RB one would think.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He is trying what Max tried in Canada. If he can't pass the 2 Mercedes he is fecked.

Older softs? Are you sure?
Yeah - at the end of the race Vettel will be on older softs than the Red Bulls and the Mercs, surely? Since their first stint will be significantly longer on the supers than Vettel's on the ultras.

Xeno

Ultrasofts, you mean.

I don't think that's a good thing for them. With the tyre deg they will be forced into an early pitstop, probably needing the softs from quite early on while the others are on reasonably healthy supersofts for some laps. Will probably get overcut by at least one RB one would think.
Yeah Ultras. And agreed is not ideal but the only way the race is anything other than a Merc procession is if Vettel gets ahead on lap 1.