F1 2018 Season

Mister_Stubbs

Last week he got hit and his week he started 14th. Both races he’s managed to get a 2nd and a race win. It proves he has bad luck but also good luck. Coming from 14th to win no matter the car is a great achievement if you like it or not. Max, Bottas and Kimi were both ahead and still on the track when it finished. The media including Sky have mentioned Seb mistake helps Lewis several times too.
I don’t see it as a great achivement. Cars won’t challenge a merc or a Ferrari whilst coming through the field, they know it’s pointless as the two are so much quicker.. they might fight a little but in the end they give up, Martin Brundle even said as much during this race.

Rooney1987

He and Hamilton are bit a same kind. Big crybaby. Great driver nonetheless.
I couldn’t agree more. I’m a fan of Lewis and admit he’s a bit of a knob of the track. Its what separates him and Seb from the rest. Why there the most hated on here and in F1. Winners and 2 all time greats.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
The lucky british won't get unlucky again. The title is for him to lose.
Get yourself together man. :lol:

At the moment, the Ferrari is the quicker car, and also looks more reliable this season.

In a scenario where there's no driver mistakes for the rest of the season, chances are Seb will take the title.

Crashing when you have the race in the bag won't help your chances though.

pauldyson1uk

Lewis got lucky, but he got himself into a position to be lucky. He held onto his tyres longer than anyone else and was still putting in competitive laps compared to the Ferraris, and imo he’s the best driver on the track in wet conditions. As opposed to Vettel who’s made a few big mistakes in wet weather.
Sums up Lewis's race perfect.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Shoutout to Toro Rosso putting Gasly on full wets because it was raining in one corner :lol:.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Shoutout to Toro Rosso putting Gasly on full wets because it was raining in one corner :lol:.
Yeah wtf were they thinking? I know it was a gamble but still...

An absolute shocker from Vettel today. If he don't win the title this year it won't be because of a lack of luck, it will be purely down to driver's mistakes. I've had an inkling suspicion that Hamilton just won't make the same kind of mistakes as him over the course of a season.

Today, Paul Ricard and Baku could be significant. Everyone's going to get their fair share of poorly timed safety cars, getting hit every now and again (Lewis in Britain, Vettel in China) and a couple of strategic errors, but you need to keep your nose clean if you want to win titles. Which Lewis is doing.

Hephaestus

This thread never disappoints.
Not just here but elsewhere is always beautiful after a race like this. Various Ferrari fans have already found a penalty Raikkonen got for crossing the entry white line, ignoring the fact that the penalty notice specifically states that it was as a result of the event notes at Baku which had an ultra-high speed pit entry, meaning all drivers were specifically told for that race they must enter the pits if they had all four wheels over the line, something they obviously weren't told here.

Edit: Might be completely wrong!

Last edited:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I absolutely live for the salt towards Hamilton a few people in here produce :lol:

Rooney1987

Lewis and Merc have been called to the stewards. Explain the pit entry situation. Looks like he’ll get punished. 5 second penalty maybe?

Hephaestus

Lewis and Merc have been called to the stewards. Explain the pit entry situation. Looks like he’ll get punished. 5 second penalty maybe?
Might be. Taken a long time for the stewards to look at it, might mean it's just going to be a reprimand or something. Who knows.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
The only good thing is that Hungary is gonna be very hot so no fecking rain expected. Ferrari will feck it up though.

Hephaestus

Looked like he came back after the bollard if that means anything.

It does, otherwise he'd get the same penalty as Kimi got in Baku 2016 (10 seconds). Basically means no-one has a sodding clue, no real precedent that can be applied. Think if it's a code violation then it will more likely be a reprimand but I didn't even think it was going to be investigated so it will probably be a disqualification!

Fluctuation0161

How isn’t Hamilton lucky in this race? Even starting where he did you’d expect the Mercedes to climb through the pack and then Seb making a mistake gives him the lead.. absolutely everything to do with luck.
There's always an element of luck but there's no doubt that Hamilton has also proved his driving skill time and time again. Especially in wet or changeable conditions.

pauldyson1uk

Hamilton leaves the stewards' room
Yes, he's been in there all this time.

Over one hour since the time of his summons, Lewis Hamilton has, we are told, left the stewards' room.

Still no indication of an outcome - or when it may be received

Hephaestus

Hamilton has said that the verdict will be out soon but he keeps his win. Might be a reprimand/fine or might be nothing.

spiriticon

I think Mercedes should get their tactical act together soon. They have been generally shocking this year and its causing a lot of problems.