F1 2018 Season

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Is this the worst Hamilton victory for you, on Italian soil in a German car that's engineered in England?
Nah, nationality doesn't matter

It's the worst because we had the better car and really needed the points.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We need to find some way to swap hamilton and vettel. Hamilton would have won 10 races in a ferrari by now
You want to bin Vettel already?:lol:

Agree though, Hamilton is fecking superb. Proud of the lad.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Anyone know the name of the victory music they played or the composer?

edit2: Bizet- Los Toreadors (Carmen).

Didn't realise it was just a general one. Felt for sure it was Italian.

Last edited:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Anyone know the name of the victory music they played or the composer?

edit: Bizet-Overture (Carmen).

Didn't realise it was just a general one. Felt for sure it was Italian.
I think 'Los Toreadors' from Bizet's Carmen.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Have to say, it's in moments like these that make me appreciate real madrid even more :lol:

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Ferrari need to get their act together.

As for the booing, big deal. Its sport.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Villeneuve has said a good thing, a bit harsh: Ferrari needs to start cheat to win because Mercedes isn't afraid to do it.

Camilo

Don't enjoy teamwork in motorsport - all driver communication should be banned. Race control should have a direct feed to each driver, and that's that. Artificial racing.

spwd

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Dear me, yet again Vettel fecks up his own race and you hate lewis for it, i think you need to concentrate more on vettels feck ups and not how good lewis is.:lol:
I hate Hamilton because he is a cocky fecker, but Vettel is not up to Ferrari level. He needs to go at the end of the season.

Member 90887

Extremely disappointed with Vettel today, his mistake cost Ferrari the race. Kimi found himself alone against Lewis and Bottas. He and the team couldn't do anything strategy wise. if they waited, Lewis would have undercut him.

Fair play for Mercedes, they played it well and i completely agree with the team orders here, they would be stupid to not use them in this tight championship. I don't like their hypocrisy re that matter but that's another point.

Fair play to Lewis, the sportsman, he was excellent today and i thought he deserved the driver of the day more than Kimi.

And finally a big feck you to Lewis the person. A despicable person. Especially after calling the tifosi fans snake pit! Haters ? i just hope he never drives a Ferrari!

Last edited by a moderator:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, that's the reason why i don't him here. WC driver, truly awful person. What did he expect after Ferrari fans lost their home race? To clap him?

Ferrari needs a massive overhaul in the winter though.

1) Get rid of both Vettel and Raikkonen and start with the youngsters. I'd like Ocon and LeClerc;
2) Call Ross Brawn back and sack Arrivabene. The latter is just so clueless about F1.

Dismember

For all those attacking Vettel and writing him off, while I agree he did stupid mistakes this season, he is still on par with Hamilton, at least the only one now who is just about equal. Vettel was as dominant with Red Bull as Hamilton is now with Mercedes, and you cant call Vettel reckless because of his mistakes, because few years back it was Vettel the "calculated" and smart driver, and Hamilton the reckless one. But when your'e driving a Ferrari which has been second to Mercedes up until this season ( and arguably only after the summer break), and when Ferrari is known for the past years now to clearly have the much inferior strategies in the race, then that puts Vettel under much pressure. These factors combined make it difficult for Vettel being many points behind to mount pressure on Hamilton and then overtake him. It also makes him race more dangerously to make up for being handicapped because of the aforementioned points. Mercedes has the utmost luxury of being one step ahead of Ferrari. Of course this changed now that Ferrari is improving the car, but it already made Mercedes gain many points over Ferrari this season.

Also there are many factors that decided things this season:
1 - Luck: Vettel has been unlucky where two races in which he was favourite were ruined by rain. Yes he cant drive as well as Hamilton in rain and thats a weakness, but rain ultimately ruined two of his races and put him many points behind Hamilton. This is undeniable.
2 - Team calls: One of the ridiculous things that some people ( mostly Hamilton and Mercedes fans) have been spreading is that Ferrari, just like Mercedes do with Hamilton, use team calls in Vettels' favour. Although Vettel is clearly the much better driver in Ferrari, not once has this happened this season. A few races back ( cant remember which one now), a call for Raikonnen to allow Vettel to pass was used as an example. It was nothing like what Mercedes do with Hamilton/Bottas. Vettel was on different strategy to Raikonenn that race, much faster and moving ahead swiftly and the race depended mostly on the tires which all teams were preserving. It was in Raikonnen's favour as much as Vettel's favour to have a team call there because Raikonnen's tires were worse and Vettel was going to pass him anyway. And instead of giving the call immediately, they waited for almost 4 laps to pass ruining both of the players' tires. That was nothing like using raikonnen as a tool for Vettel, which can easily be said for Bottas who doesnt only let Hamilton pass, and even accept being prevented from fighting hamilton for a win, but even kept on the track, instead of pitting, and his race compromised just to leave Ferrari cars behind. This isnt even imaginable for Ferrari, whereas Mercedes has been doing it routinely.
So the reason im saying it is because even in qualification for this race, Raikonnen was towed by Vettel although Vettel needed the pole before anything to keep him ahead in the race away from crashes. Imagine Hamilton accepting to tow Bottas. Even if Hamilton was behind Bottas in points , he wont accept that. So Ferrari have themselves to blame here not Vettel.

3 - Mercedes are the favoured child in Formula one. Theyre linked to the British so goes without saying whenever the calls are close things will go Mercedes way. I remember few races back two crashes happened and they werent that serious, but two safety cars came out in the race, something which hadnt happened for many races , and "coincidentally" Hamilton had crashed with raikonen at that time and was in the back. Some people will say its just conspiracy talk but its clearly not coincidence. When Mercedes were on a roll and Hamilton was leading no matter the crashes and how serious they were ,a VSC was all that was given, but Hamilton gets behind, and safety cars are given for much less. Of course some will try to justify that each track has its own features and so each track is treated differently. I think when you watch all these races, you can easily call that bullshit.

Leg-End

Tifosi would love Hamilton to drive for them. Nothing wrong with what he’s put there btw, guy can’t say anything right.

#blessed

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Toto: "It wasn't a team order" and he got angry, then.

Why just can't admit it? The man is a clown. And to think i respected him until last season.

Member 90887

Yeah, that's the reason why i don't him here. WC driver, truly awful person. What did he expect after Ferrari fans lost their home race? To clap him?

1) Get rid of both Vettel and Raikkonen and start with the youngsters. I'd like Ocon and LeClerc;
2) Call Ross Brawn back and sack Arrivabene. The latter is just so clueless about F1.
That's absolutely stupid. No offense.

Vettel, even if if made mistakes, he's still one of the best on the grid.

And Arrivabene? Really? This year's car is the best we had.

I know today's race have been really difficult and disappointing. But you need to go calm down dude.

Member 90887

Tifosi would love Hamilton to drive for them. Nothing wrong with what he’s put there btw, guy can’t say anything right.

#blessed
Yeah sure. I hope it's sarcasm otherwise it really is a clueless statement.

pauldyson1uk

#blessed
100 % , they would worship him , he would give them the best chance of a title win.
He is a passionate driver and hates to lose , cant fault that, also dd not see a problem with what he wrote.

pauldyson1uk

Behave , Ocon and LeClerc , both good young drivers but the wont win you the title you are so desperate for.
You have the best car for year and you want to sack Arribabene , that just does not make any sense.
Yeah you have lost your home F1 race, due to bad driving and good tactics, but really you do need to calm down.

vangagal

What did you expect from Lewis after hostile and booed all week there? Thanks for their never ending support? Call spade a spade. If you booed him relentlessly because he drove so good and your fav team cocked up expect some retaliate from him. Are you expect Lewis behave like Kimi who would just shrugged it off and just bwoaah everything?

Honestly, we are all knew Lewis is not a smartest person in the room and a thick person but my goodness, so are Vettel. If you cant take the dig from Lewis and dont booing him for his good driving.