F1 2020 Season

Hephaestus

So unlucky George ...wonder if mercedes team would have made the same feck ups with Lewis

Hopefully Russell will get to another merc drive next week
Dunno. In Austria this year they didn't pit under a late safety car and it's what led to Hamilton colliding with Albon while defending on older tyres, likely they wanted to avoid that possibility here. Mercedes have made a few feckups with Lewis, they just go under the radar a lot.

Tiber

Racing Point are by far my least favourite team, so it's annoying they've got 3rd, but happy for Perez at least.
Stroll got a fluke podium early in the season aswell. He stayed out when everyone else pitted and was in miles of space

BIGbadBOO4

Stroll saying he could have won the race? Jesus being a rich daddy's boy has made the fella mad. He did nothing all race and flukes 3rd.
What a shame for Russell. He deserved the win without doubt.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Stroll saying he could have won the race? Jesus being a rich daddy's boy has made the fella mad. He did nothing all race and flukes 3rd.
Stroll is awful, if bottas didn’t hold sainz up so long he would have got him. 1/2 more laps and he was off the podium. So frustrating.

Perez is 10x the driver

hp88

He's a cock :lol: if Mclaren had timed the pit stop for Sainz better I doubt Stroll would have been on the podium.

Tiber

Loads of clapping and tears from RP for the two drivers they sacked. Not out of contract, sacked.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Why are they playing god save the queen on the podium?

Member 90887

Mercedes are dreadful on strategy.
I really think that being always 1st and 2nd helps hide this fact. The thing is, when you never have pressure, it's easy to not mess things up.

From the moment they have slight pressure, they start messing up.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I really think that being always 1st and 2nd helps hide this fact. The thing is, when you never have pressure, it's easy to not mess things up.

From the moment they have slight pressure, they start messing up.
I suppose its a consolation Mercedes are a bit shit on that side of things. If they had the red bull crew they would be even more dominant!

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
That was a lot more fun than the usual scenes of Hamilton disappearing into the distance
It was a little boring until that final safety car I felt. Ironically caused by Russell's Williams, the puncture was probably from the debris of that incident too!

ArmchairCritic

I wonder if Russell will have the same career-long strategy paranoia that Hamilton developed from China '07. I can't believe they ballsed it up that bad.

Last edited:

Tiber

I wonder if Russell will have the same career-long strategy paranoia that Hamilton developed from China '07. I can't believe they ballsed it up that bad.
He was so fecking good he might have overcome the feckup if he didn't get a puncture

ArmchairCritic

Bottas' last 3 races have been utterly dreadful. 3 and 9/10 years of Hamilton + 1 race of Russell have finished him.

Tiber

My Mrs has been in the room for most of the races this season, she has hardly lifted her eyes from her phone once.

She was really into today's race, has even commented about it on Facebook.

This is what happens with competitive racing and a good track. F1 needs a hell of a lot more races like this

Adam-Utd

Bottas' last 3 races have been utterly dreadful. 3 and 9/10 years of Hamilton + 1 race of Russell have finished him.
Yep he looks mentally broken. Since he knew the title was gone he's been awful.

Adam-Utd

My Mrs has been in the room for most of the races this season, she has hardly lifted her eyes from her phone once.

This is what happens with competitive racing and a good track. F1 needs a hell of a lot more races like this
The modern f1 cars have literally outgrown the old dated tracks. They need to stop going to the tight twisty tracks as the cars just can't pass eachother. Pretty much all modern tracks are build with a lot of width which gives the cars a chance to get alongside under braking.

Sakhir GP Result

pauldyson1uk

1Sergio PerezRacing Point0:56.7891:31:15.114
2Esteban OconRenault0:57.35010.518 behind
3Lance StrollRacing Point0:57.38811.869 behind
4Carlos Sainz JnrMcLaren0:57.16512.580 behind
5Daniel RicciardoRenault0:56.25013.330 behind
6Alexander AlbonRed Bull
0:57.05613.842 behind
7Daniil KvyaAlphaTauri0:57.00114.534 behind
8Valtteri BottasMercedes0:56.56315.389 behind
9George RussellMercedes
fastest overall lap 0:55.40
18.556 behind
10Lando NorrisMcLaren0:57.27019.541 behind
11Pierre GaslyAlphaTauri0:57.22020.527 behind
12Sebastian VettelFerrari0:56.90522.611 behind
13Antonio GiovinazziAlfa Romeo0:56.88724.111 behind
14Kimi RaikkonenAlfa Romeo0:57.37526.153 behind
15Kevin MagnussenHaas0:57.51632.370 behind
16Jack AitkenWilliams0:57.39233.674 behind
17Pietro FittipaldiHaas0:57.74236.858 behind
not classifiedNicholas LatifiWilliams0:58.206did not finish completed 53 laps
not classifiedMax VerstappenRed Bullnot available-did not finish completed 0 laps
not classifieDCharles LeclercFerrarinot available-did not finish completed 0 laps

Adam-Utd

On the positive side, I think we may have another british f1 champion on our hands.

Russell handled that superbly, and his recovery drive from the dodgy pitstop showed just how good he can be.

Will be tough for him to spend another year in a Wiliams after that.

Leg-End

Russell probably gets another shot next weekend but it’s a big ask, that was a great track for him to bed into the car.

I feel massively sorry for him, he has to go back to Williams next season and trundle around in 15th again. That will do nothing for his development at all, it’s high time Mercedes either let him look around or put him in the big team. Bottas has shown, he’s done, nobody wants him in that seat anymore, even as a massive Hamilton fan I’m tired of him wiping the floor with him.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
On the positive side, I think we may have another british f1 champion on our hands.

Russell handled that superbly, and his recovery drive from the dodgy pitstop showed just how good he can be.

Will be tough for him to spend another year in a Wiliams after that.
Based on that drive, and what Bottas has done recently, a pairing of Lewis and George as a sort of master / apprentice for a season wouldn't be such a bad idea with Lewis retiring in 2021 after winning his 8th title.

ArmchairCritic

I need to watch it back but my first take was that outside of it being someone different at the front it was not that different or exciting until Mercedes shat the bed.