F1 2020 Season

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Actually vile that someone like Mazepin can get an F1 seat because of money. There are 5 or 6 incidents he’s been involved in from assaulting another driver to sexual assault to racism/homophobia etc. Absolute cnut.

Camilo

Hamilton's an old guy now, he won't be interested in fighting a team mate again. He's been there, done it, won, and been miserable doing it. Youth beats age eventually - it's meaningless. Russell and Hamilton will never drive for the same team.

pauldyson1uk

Mercedes say Lewis Hamilton's health is "improving" - but still do not know whether he will be able to race in the year's final grand prix this weekend.

The world champion missed the Sakhir Grand Prix in Bahrain last weekend after contracting coronavirus.
Hamilton remains in isolation and must return a negative test result before he is allowed to travel to Abu Dhabi.

"His condition's improving but we won't know closer to the time if he will be driving," said team boss Toto Wolff.

"We'll do everything we can to get him in the car and we know he's determined to be back as soon as possible. But his health is our main priority, so we will see what the situation is and then make the call."

Russell has been named as Mercedes' representative alongside Valtteri Bottas in the official FIA news conference on Thursday.

The latest Mercedes could put Hamilton in the car and still race is on Saturday for qualifying.

The team said it was "possible" they would make the decision as to whether Hamilton races as late as before Saturday's final practice session, which runs for an hour and starts at 10:00 GMT, three hours before qualifying.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If Hamilton is really that touch and go then they should just forget about it and leave it to Russell.

He didn't look well at all in the video he posted earlier this week, seems a bit mad that they're taking a risk that he'll be 100% by the start of weekend.

Surely he isn't actually over Corona Virus either? has he tested negative that we know?

keithsingleton

If Hamilton is really that touch and go then they should just forget about it and leave it to Russell.

He didn't look well at all in the video he posted earlier this week, seems a bit mad that they're taking a risk that he'll be 100% by the start of weekend.

Surely he isn't actually over Corona Virus either? has he tested negative that we know?
He's had a negative test and on his way to Abu Dhabi. However. he will then have another test when he arrives, if that's also negative he's racing. Outside chance Friday but more than likely Saturday.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's had a negative test and on his way to Abu Dhabi. However. he will then have another test when he arrives, if that's also negative he's racing. Outside chance Friday but more than likely Saturday.
I just don't see how they can expect Russell to do 2 practices in Mercedes on Friday, then move him back to Williams on Saturday. That isn't fair on Aitken either.

The decision will need to be made by tomorrow IMO.

I get why Hamilton is eager to return but it all seems a big health risk just to have 1 more race that has literally zero riding on it.

If he is truly recovered after 1 week that's a testament to how fit he is I guess.

keithsingleton

I just don't see how they can expect Russell to do 2 practices in Mercedes on Friday, then move him back to Williams on Saturday. That isn't fair on Aitken either.

I get why Hamilton is eager to return but it all seems a big health risk just to have 1 more race that has literally zero riding on it.

If he is truly recovered after 1 week that's a testament to how fit he is I guess.
You know Hammy my hero but in all honesty i'd love to see Russell again. It isn't fair on Russell if he does qual tomorrow but Hammy the main man as we both know. I think if Hammy only 90% fit he'd still say he's 100% fit. It is what it is unfortunately.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Hamilton will race, confirmed on the official Twitter.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

He wants to keep adding to his wins while Mercedes still has the best package.

Never know what will happen with development under the new rules and he's getting on in age by 2022.

pauldyson1uk

Wants to maitain some credibility for his titles more likely. Saving grace for him that Russell didn't win last week but the damage was already done.
7 WC broke nearly all the records there is the break and you think he has lost credibility because of one drive from Russell !!
Damage has already been done ? With resect this is just rubbish, Russell is a very good driver and in a winning car was always going to do well.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
7 WC broke nearly all the records there is the break and you think he has lost credibility because of one drive from Russell !!
Damage has already been done ? With resect this is just rubbish, Russell is a very good driver and in a winning car was always going to do well.
Its amazing how little respect Lewis gets. Statistically, he has surpassed Schumie and yet...

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Same was said about Schumacher at the time, even Vettel a few years back when he was winning.

RedFish

I find it amazing also, OK he is a colossal idiot, but his driving skill and talent is just as colossal.
Pauldy, he is respected universally, he doesn't need to ask for it, his position a s status demands it.

A man of the people he is not, however, much he'd like to be.

I still love the memories of that irreplaceable memory of his first Championship at Interlagos. The rest pales in comparison......

pauldyson1uk

KNOCKED OUT IN Q1

16) Kimi Raikkonen, Alfa Romeo

17) Kevin Magnussen, Haas

18) George Russell, Williams

19) Pietro Fittipaldi, Haas

20) Nicholas Latifi, Williams

A spin from Latifi at the penultimate corner ruined his lap.