F1 2020 Season

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Almost, after second practice. No shock with Horner.
In a way it's almost odd how much Max seems to have matured recently because in a way the self absorbed prick attitude is probably not squashed by being around Horner.

Having said that - his seemingly lack of true empathy for performance lapses is probably a bit of the reason why they ve done as well as they have. Can you imagine Horner putting up with someone like Grosjean? He d be out of a seat after two races. And at least he s still nowhere near as much of a cnut as Guenther.

Hephaestus

To the surprise of no-one, the Red Bull appeal has been rejected. Glad it's out of the way so quickly.

vangagal

DAS has been sorted out before which was allowed this year and illegal next year. It was done and dusted back in pre season testing.
Horner just wasting everybody time like annoying prick he is i guess.

pauldyson1uk

DAS has been sorted out before which was allowed this year and illegal next year. It was done and dusted back in pre season testing.
Horner just wasting everybody time like annoying prick he is i guess.
He is just looking put for his team and wanted clarification any team principal would be the same, but yeah he can be an annoying prick :)

Last edited:

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I know it's only free practice, but Mercedes looks frightening again. Ferrari absolutely nowhere. Racing Point might be the surprise package.
To be fair not that surprising given it's last year's Merc.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
cheers , I am having a problem finding the league
Once you have made a team, click on 'leagues' on the left-hand side of the site. Then in the top-right there should be a 'join with code' option. Then paste the code in my post.

altodevil

I have made a team and used the code, comes up invalid.
Strange - a few others have joined using the code and I tried there and it links me back to the league. Just the numbers yeah?

Wicked_Badger

No real change after FP3. I fully expect there to be a 0.5 sec split between the Mercs and everyone else.

Can’t call the midfield at all. I expect Racing Point to outscore Ferrari this weekend. They might not out-qualify them, but given Ferrari’s batshit race strategies think theyll finish ahead in the race.

Krits

How the hell have Ferrari fallen so far back? I know that racing point is on the grey line of what’s legal when it comes to car design. But even then, it is last years Mercedes which the Ferrari should at least be faster than. It actually seems they have gone backwards. Were they really cheating with their Engine design which covered the cracks to their poor aero design?

Looks like this is going to be another 2 painful seasons for us Ferrari fans till the new regulations come in place now in 2022.

altodevil

There was some decent evidence of soft-tire runs which showed Ferrari were sandbagging a little bit.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
He is just looking put for his team and wanted clarification any team principal would be the same, but yeah he can be an annoying prick :)
Red Bull have developed a DAS system of their own as well, so they probably sent in the protest ASAP to make sure it's legal so that they can move forward with their own car.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I'm surprised Red Bull would have bothered to try and make one, considering how uncertain this season has been, and it is banned next year.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I'm surprised Red Bull would have bothered to try and make one, considering how uncertain this season has been, and it is banned next year.
It is a fairly simple system though. I don’t think it’s very expensive or time consuming to develop, at least by F1 standards.

Hephaestus

George Russell beating both Alfa Romeo's and only just missing out on Q2. Good sign for Williams.

ChaddyP

It is a fairly simple system though. I don’t think it’s very expensive or time consuming to develop, at least by F1 standards.
I find it to be extremely complex to implement into a chassis that wasn't designed for it and have it crash tested within a couple weeks.

Jack-C20

Don’t want to get too excited but all the midfielders looking close. Hoping for some good racing.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I find it to be extremely complex to implement into a chassis that wasn't designed for it and have it crash tested within a couple weeks.
It’s been over 4 months since the public found out about Merc’s system and I wouldn’t be surprised if Red Bull knew about it earlier than that. But even if they didn’t it’s still plenty of time to develop a system like that.