F1 2020 Season

Jack-C20

Would the teams have been able to work on their cars during lockdown or would the set ups have been "locked in" given they would technically have been several races in by now?

Eg would they have had to use the cars they were supposed to start the season with or were they allowed to do more work throughout the delay?
Think they mentioned earlier that the cars only came back from Australia recently. Not sure if they were referring to a specific team or not though.

Leg-End

Mercs don’t even pit, you know, in case they have to let them race.

Hope Albon smashes them on new tyres.

MTF

Would the teams have been able to work on their cars during lockdown or would the set ups have been "locked in" given they would technically have been several races in by now?

Eg would they have had to use the cars they were supposed to start the season with or were they allowed to do more work throughout the delay?
Yes. They had I think 3 weeks during which the teams couldn't work which they counted as the summer break, but besides that teams have been allowed to work and some have brought upgrades vs the cars that were in the pitlane at Melbourne.

Jack-C20

Lewis and Bottas , have to push or they will not be winning this race.
Merc have no option but to let them race, but they could have a double DNF.
What would you do ?
Hamilton seems quicker so I’d let him go and if Albon does catch then hope that Bottas holds him up. Would love for them to just let them race though.

United Hobbit

Yes. They had I think 3 weeks during which the teams couldn't work which they counted as the summer break, but besides that teams have been allowed to work and some have brought upgrades vs the cars that were in the pitlane at Melbourne.
Ah OK thanks so they possibly had better cars than they would have at the start of the season but would they have been allowed to do as much testing? Got it on in the background as watching the racing atm and seem to be a lit of retirements, know you usually get a few for the first race but seem more than normal even considering that?

Vettel was lucky with the loose wheel then

Why won't Mercedes let Hamilton race i thought they usually did?

Have they confirmed how many races there will be? I'm more a causal observer

Whoever wins this championship it will feel a bit like half a championship as so fewer races and some at the same tracks

pauldyson1uk

Ah OK thanks so they possibly had better cars than they would have at the start of the season but would they have been allowed to do as much testing? Got it on in the background as watching the racing atm and seem to be a lit of retirements, know you usually get a few for the first race but seem more than normal even considering that?

Vettel was lucky with the loose wheel then

Why won't Mercedes let Hamilton race i thought they usually did?

Have they confirmed how many races there will be? I'm more a causal observer

Whoever wins this championship it will feel a bit like half a championship as so fewer races and some at the same tracks
Not a clue how many races yet.
The originally planned 22-race calendar has taken a huge hit because of the Covid-19 pandemic and it will be now impossible to complete that many races this season. But organisers are currently hopeful of a 15-18 race calendar which, at the moment, seems possible. Currently confirmed is the first leg of eight races in Europe and they come thick and fast and run from early July to early September.

Jack-C20

Damn it’s happened again. Not sure who was at fault this time though.

Leg-End

God Albon has no luck does he.

Mercedes are coming out of this race not looking good.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

2nd was his. That wasn't luck, it was immaturity and impatience.

BIGbadBOO4

Totally agree, Lewis obviously faster and Mercedes did not want them to race Albon was so much faster which means Mercedes made a major mistake not pitting at least one if their cars.

Leg-End

Totally agree, Lewis obviously faster and Mercedes did not want them to race Albon was so much faster which means Mercedes made a major mistake not pitting at least one if their cars.
It’s absolutely maddening, I hate it when the sport ends up like this.