F1 2021 Season

Hephaestus

You got a quote or a article or you just trolling? Kinda obvious that lewis would know before hand what Mercedes were doing for the 2nd seat. He alluded to as much in an interview last friday when he said he understood Mercedes needed to look at the long term for the team as well as the short term.

Max is mistaken if he thinks as quoted that russell will make life difficult for lewis. Lewis will step up his game and Max will have to contend against two very fast Mercedes drivers.
Just looked it up, the story originated from the daily mail... Do I need to say more?

Here's an article that contains the claim and link to the original: https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-hamilton-not-happy-george-russell/

Leg-End

Jonathan McEvoy, well known Hamilton shit stirrer. Give me strength.

We need an rvn

You got a quote or a article or you just trolling? Kinda obvious that lewis would know before hand what Mercedes were doing for the 2nd seat. He alluded to as much in an interview last friday when he said he understood Mercedes needed to look at the long term for the team as well as the short term.

Max is mistaken if he thinks as quoted that russell will make life difficult for lewis. Lewis will step up his game and Max will have to contend against two very fast Mercedes drivers.
NAIL ON THE HEAD

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Kimi has officially retired....again.

Also a rumour from Sport1 in Germany, Mercedes could become Alfa Romeo engine supplier. Which would explain Gio is out and rumours of De Vries and Bottas to Alfa.
Does that mean they change back their name to Sauber?

Alfa Romeo and Ferrari have the same owners if I remember correctly.

And who's Mercedes dropping? The rules only allow them to supply up to 3 other team, and they have McLaren, Aston Martin and Williams all signed up.

Rooney1987

And who's Mercedes dropping? The rules only allow them to supply up to 3 other team, and they have McLaren, Aston Martin and Williams all signed up.
Unsure it did mention the terms have been of the deal they had have been updated so Alfa can pick it's own drivers now but it's most likely F1 silly season. https://www.planetf1.com/news/mercedes-power-alfa-romeo-rumour/

Apparently you can get approval from other teams for a 4th team to get a Merc engine, which would surely be denied.

Leg-End

Breaking down won't help Hamilton's cause in FP2.

Not massively worried, I reckon he's quick here.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Pole, Win + fastest lap with Bottas taking out Max would be hilarious for all the tears from Horner and max fanboys.
I wonder what percentage of people calling other people fanboys are actually fanboys themselves. Must be close to 100 percent. You certainly are.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Fiat own Alfa Romeo now, not Ferrari.

Fiat are a 25% stake holder in ferrari, but not really enough to stop Alfa going in their own direction if it suits.

https://www.ferrarilakeforest.com/who-owns-ferrari/

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Fiat own Alfa Romeo now, not Ferrari.

Fiat are a 25% stake holder in ferrari, but not really enough to stop Alfa going in their own direction if it suits.

https://www.ferrarilakeforest.com/who-owns-ferrari/
Agnelli family is the biggest shareholders in the company that owns Alfa and Ferrari. Doesn't make sense for them to continue to license the naming rights to a Mercedes powered Sauber, especially when they've no driver spot available for Ferrari to send their junior driver for a F1 drive.

Adam-Utd

Agnelli family is the biggest shareholders in the company that owns Alfa and Ferrari. Doesn't make sense for them to continue to license the naming rights to a Mercedes powered Sauber, especially when they've no driver spot available for Ferrari to send their junior driver for a F1 drive.
it doesn’t make them the majority shareholder though or the decision maker. If the others feel it’s better for them to go a different direction then I don’t see why it matters.

I really don’t think people who buy Ferraris will care if Alfa romeo use a ferrari engine in f1 :lol:

Dutch GP FP

pauldyson1uk

Dutch GP Practice One Timesheet
DriverTeamTime
1) Lewis HamiltonMercedes1:11.500
2) Max VerstappenRed Bull+0.097
3) Carlos SainzFerrari+0.101
4) Charles LeclercFerrari+0.123
5) Valtteri BottasMercedes+0.238
6) Fernando AlonsoAlpine+0.658
7) Esteban OconAlpine+0.731
8) Antonio GiovinazziAlfa Romeo+0.859
9) Lance StrollAston Martin+0.931
10) Pierre GaslyAlphaTauri+1.015
11) Lando NorrisMcLaren+1.179
12) Nicholas LatifiWilliams+1.407
13) Kimi RaikkonenAlfa Romeo+1.553
14) Daniel RicciardoMcLaren+1.581
15) George RussellWilliams+1.681
16) Sergio PerezRed Bull+1.828
17) Nikita MazepinHaas+2.016
18) Mick SchumacherHaas+2.347
19) Sebastian VettelAston Martin+4.484
20) Yuki TsunodaAlphaTauriNo time set

Dutch GP Practice Two Timesheet
DriverTeamTime
1) Charles LeclercFerrari1:10.902
2) Carlos SainzFerrari+0.154
3) Esteban OconAlpine+0.172
4) Valtteri BottasMercedes+0.230
5) Max VerstappenRed Bull+0.362
6) Fernando AlonsoAlpine+0.378
7) Pierre GaslyAlphaTauri+0.560
8) Lando NorrisMcLaren+0.586
9) Antonio GiovinazziAlfa Romeo+0.776
10) Sebastian VettelAston Martin+0.811
11) Lewis HamiltonMercedes+1.009
12) Sergio PerezRed Bull+1.044
13) Yuki TsunodaAlphaTauri+1.194
14) Lance StrollAston Martin+1.234
15) Daniel RicciardoMcLaren+1.255
16) Kimi RaikkonenAlfa Romeo+1.304
17) Mick SchumacherHaas+1.705
18) Nicholas LatifiWilliams+1.708
19) Nikita MazepinHaas+1.933
20) George RussellWilliams+1.953

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Verstappen summoned by the Stewards for overtaking under red flags.

Hephaestus

Having seen the onboard from Stroll and the angle from Max's car, don't think that should be a penalty. He basically would have needed to slam on the brakes without checking where other cars were to avoid overtaking Stroll and he seemed to lift off as soon as the light became visible.

Then again, I didn't think Norris at Baku should have been a penalty either and it was given so who knows.

Leg-End

Didn’t look like a penalty, not much you can expect him to do when another car is slower and the red flag is shown at that point of passing.

ArjenIsM3

About as petty as it gets to complain about that situation. Article I read only said it was a "rival team" who filed the complaint. Does anybody know who it was?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Can we please have a Merc taking out Verstappen again? :lol: I'd die laughing.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
This is the first time I've seen the track in action properly. Are there actually any overtaking spots on the track? Even the main straight looks way too short. I hope it isn't gonna be another Monaco Sunday.

United Hobbit

I'm surprised Horner has renewed Perez he's binned drivers for far less

What a surprise it was Mazepin that nearly took out Seb, I wondered which one it was at the time as I was listening to the Paralympic interviews

Adam-Utd

This is the first time I've seen the track in action properly. Are there actually any overtaking spots on the track? Even the main straight looks way too short. I hope it isn't gonna be another Monaco Sunday.
it is. they couldn’t even overtake in f3 earlier.