F1 2022 Season

dinostar77

Sainz is going to cost ferrari alot of money in lost R&D money. Budget cap means all accidents are going to eat into the budget.

Whos the idiot who have him a new deal?

dinostar77

Don’t say it don’t say it don’t say it don’t say it don’t say it don’t say it don’t say it don’t say it don’t say it

Mercedes are back
Nah, they will still be abit off in qually. This circuit with its brand new surface is helping to minimise the porposing.

hobbers

Russell outpacing Hamilton yet again. At some point it's not just luck/track position. Going to be a very interesting dynamic between them.
It's inevitable that whenever they do unlock some pace from that car it'll be Russell who gains more from it. I'd put money on him being the first and possibly only Merc driver to win a race this season.

Miami GP Time Sheets FP1 & 2

pauldyson1uk

Miami GP Practice One Timesheet
DriverTeamTime
1) Charles LeclercFerrari1:31.098
2) George RussellMercedes+0.071
3) Max VerstappenRed Bull+0.179
4) Sergio PerezRed Bull+0.203
5) Pierre GaslyAlpha Tauri+0.400
6) Carlos SainzFerrari+0.430
7) Alex AlbonWilliams+0.756
8) Lewis HamiltonMercedes+0.858
9) Kevin MagnussenHaas+1.461
10) Daniel RicciardoMcLaren+1.494
11) Lando NorrisMcLaren+1.517
12) Fernando AlonsoAlpine+1.786
13) Zhou GuanyuAlfa Romeo+1.922
14) Sebastian VettelAston Martin+1.926
15) Esteban OconAlpine+2.319
16) Lance StrollAston Martin+2.478
17) Valterri BottasAlfa Romeo+2.675
18) Yuki TsunodaAlpha Tauri+2.945
19) Mick SchumacherHaas+3.847
20) Nicholas LatifiWilliams+4.539

Miami GP Practice Two Timesheet
DriverTeamTime
1) George RussellMercedes1:29.938
2) Charles LeclercFerrari+0.106
3) Sergio PerezRed Bull+0.212
4) Lewis HamiltonMercedes+0.241
5) Fernando AlonsoAlpine+0.434
6) Lando NorrisMcLaren+0.597
7) Pierre GaslyAlpha Tauri+0.609
8) Zhou GuanyuAlfa Romeo+0.922
9) Esteban OconAlpine+0.923
10) Kevin MagnussenHaas+0.983
11) Carlos SainzFerrari+1.026
12) Daniel RicciardoMcLaren+1.270
13) Yuki TsunodaAlpha Tauri+1.322
14) Sebastian VettelAston Martin+1.455
15) Mick SchumacherHaas+1.649
16) Lance StrollAston Martin+1.693
17) Alex AlbonWilliams+1.772
18) Nicholas LatifiWilliams+2.975
19) Max VerstappenRed BullNo time set
20) Valterri BottasAlfa RomeoNo time set

redshaw

Russell and Lando do seem very fast, have thought this for a year or two. Fast people that can really hotlap are usually the best at adapting to any sort of tricky car or track quickly and putting in a good lap over another.

pauldyson1uk

Mercedes with it would seem have got some speed back, Russell still getting more out of his car than Lewis, different set ups by each driver trying different things out , who knows.
Lets hope their new found speeds carries over to qualifying.
Not seen FP2 yet but in FP1 the porposing did not look anywhere near has bad as previous weekends.
Max with no time in FP2, does make me smile a bit, but seriously what is wrong with his car, so far this season its either winning or breaking down, reliability is key

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Mercedes with it would seem have got some speed back, Russell still getting more out of his car than Lewis, different set ups by each driver trying different things out , who knows.
Lets hope their new found speeds carries over to qualifying.
Not seen FP2 yet but in FP1 the porposing did not look anywhere near has bad as previous weekends.
Max with no time in FP2, does make me smile a bit, but seriously what is wrong with his car, so far this season its either winning or breaking down, reliability is key
The porposing was still there at the very high speeds, but what they’ve managed to do is reduce it going into the corners, which is where they were losing a lot of their time.

There’s a good side by side of Russell’s P2 lap with Charles’ on SkySports and it really shows the improvements, also shows that there is comparable straight line speed between the two cars (with that particular setup).

Be an interested P3 and qualifying later.

I can’t remember, but did Red Bull start the Hyrbid era with reliability issues? There was a quote from Horner recently saying something along of the lines of he would rather have to fix an unreliable fast car, than a reliable slow one, having a slight dig at the Mercedes.

pauldyson1uk

The porposing was still there at the very high speeds, but what they’ve managed to do is reduce it going into the corners, which is where they were losing a lot of their time.

There’s a good side by side of Russell’s P2 lap with Charles’ on SkySports and it really shows the improvements, also shows that there is comparable straight line speed between the two cars (with that particular setup).

I can’t remember, but did Red Bull start the Hyrbid era with reliability issues? There was a quote from Horner recently saying something along of the lines of he would rather have to fix an unreliable fast car, than a reliable slow one, having a slight dig at the Mercedes.
What Horner says , I tend to just let it wash over me.
The improvement in the Mercedes is good to see, there is still some that think Mercedes are sandbagging :lol: on some sites.
The upgrades for Merc seem to have worked, well in FP , qualifying tonight should be interesting, on FP form could Mercedes throw a spanner in the Ferrari and Red Bull works ? I dont think they are there yet, they need that new floor.

dinostar77

Apparently Russell and Lewis both think the car still drives as it did before these upgrades and dont understand why it is producing a quicker laptime albeit in FP.

The miami temperatures may also be helping Mercedes with tyre warm up.

I thought as its a new track the surface would be smooth but apparently its not in places, its quite bumpy. Mercedes still running in a compromised mode i.e. higher ride height then they want to.

I do find the FIA really frustrating at time, especially for fans. We get loads of crap and a report from FIA about who is and isntnwearing fecking jewellery, but they cant be consistent and produce delegate technical reports before the start of the week. I find those reports a interesting read, pretty much list all the new parts every team has put on the car for the race weekend.

klsv

The improvement in the Mercedes is good to see, there is still some that think Mercedes are sandbagging :lol: on some sites.
Do they expect Toto say GOTCHA! while George and Lewis suddenly go a second faster than Ferrari? Would be a great prank, not going to lie!

Trying to not get carried away by the practice results but IF Mercedes are going to get a good car by Barcelona, we have every chance to see a three way battle. The point gap might be big now but with RB seemingly struggling in hotter weather especially and Leclerc having no experience as a title contender, he has an odd mistake in him, I think Mercedea might have a chance still. Lots of ifs and buts in it, though.

dinostar77

[

I do wonder if RB will have reliability issues throughout the season. Honda build the engines in japan and send them to RB to then intergrate into the car. Thats it. Everything else is built by RB engineering including the dodgy fuel pumps. Thats a different proposition for RB, then they are used to. So maybe will they smooth out the process, there will be quality control issues.

dinostar77

Mark Hughes Mercedes analysis.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/mark-hughes-is-mercedes-really-back-on-the-pace-in-miami/

Gary Anderson on Mercedes front wing endplates plates innovation.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/gary-anderson-explains-mercedes-f1-front-wing-innovation/

Lando Norris on Mercedes.

“Just because they have some bouncing, everyone expects them to be terrible.They’re extremely strong in slow-speed corners. Mercedes have probably been one of the best cars in slow speed corners all season, just no one ever looks at the GPS very well and picks it up."

Last edited:

pauldyson1uk

Interesting to hear the both Lewis and George, don't think there is much different.
Lewis still says there is a balance issue, Russell seemed just as uncertain as Hamilton about everything.
“I don’t really understand why we have hit ground running here,”
We can clearly see there is an improvement.
Warmer track helping with tyre warm up, cant just be that.

mitChley

Sounds like the drivers aren't huge fans of this new track, in particular the chicane

Perez: “It’s really disappointing that there’s no grip off-line, racing will be bad because of that,”
Norris: “In FP2 it started better but then as soon as there was a little bit of marbles, it was terrible. It’s not going to be great for racing." “It’s like one line you’ve got to stick to and that’s it. It’s restricting, you can’t do many differences compared to other people, so it limits you a little bit.”
Hamilton: “you think that people in this day and age should be able to make a flat road relatively easy” “Otherwise the track’s quite nice to drive – except for the chicane. That might be the…I don’t want to put that quote out there actually so I’ll hold onto that…but it’s so tight. “It reminds me of being in a B&Q car park when I was six-years-old in the go-kart going between cars."

vangagal

A Latifi spin/crash one or two come sunday?
Sainz has been in terrible form since last 2 races. Hope he sort it out.
Circuit layout not really great from first telly viewing i must admit and then there's that fake marina and all that yacht. :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Red bull won't survive this Sunday.

It clearly struggles in the hot temperatures and something will melt down. Another DNF coming.

redshaw

Gutting to see the highlights on C4 won't be on until Sunday morning at 8:30. I'll probably just watch the really short one on youtube.

They have the race on Sunday night, shame they can't do the same for quali.

Lando Norris on Mercedes.

“Just because they have some bouncing, everyone expects them to be terrible.They’re extremely strong in slow-speed corners. Mercedes have probably been one of the best cars in slow speed corners all season, just no one ever looks at the GPS very well and picks it up."
Weren't some on here saying Merc were slow in corners too due to porpoising while Ferrari it was just the straights?

I guess some will say they meant corner entry, Merc are very quick mid corner or something?

Last edited:

redshaw

Rivers abound unless you're against that type of thing.
Yes I'll look into it. I use them for football and grew up listening to the radio but for F1 up until now I've not needed to and prefer to see it all in good quality so don't mind highlights and avoiding the news for a while, the C4 team are very good as well.

Withnail

Yes I'll look into it. I use them for football and grew up listening to the radio but for F1 up until now I've not needed to and prefer to see it all in good quality so don't mind highlights and avoiding the news for a while, the C4 team are very good as well.
I've got my mates sky log-in now but there was a few of decent quality when I was watching them iirc, but yeah they can be a pain sometimes and you never know what you're going to get.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just seen that Lewis Hamilton interviews about the jewellery where he is wearing 3 watches, a billion rings, necklaces, bracelets the lot, then says it's a step backwards and the sport should be focusing on more important things?

Surely jewellery is a safety issue during crashes? Makes sense they're not allowed to wear it in cars.

Or are they banning it all through race weekend or something?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Just seen that Lewis Hamilton interviews about the jewellery where he is wearing 3 watches, a billion rings, necklaces, bracelets the lot, then says it's a step backwards and the sport should be focusing on more important things?

Surely jewellery is a safety issue during crashes? Makes sense they're not allowed to wear it in cars.

He does not race wearing that.... think the main issue is some earrings that are impossible to remove (though I hear he's removed them?) And then a nose piercing and a few body pearcings

The fia are saying that having a piercing under a fireproof suit may mean more heat is transfered to the body... Lewis is saying he will sign a waver

Seems a lot of fuss over not much other than a lot of free advertising for the new amg merc iwc chronograph that launched this week that he was wearing

Abizzz

I think there's a debate to be had whether that safety issue is large enough to warrant legislation? In my opinion someone who routinely risks their life for their employer should have a say in which risks he is willing to take as long as that doesn't affect their performance or the safety of others.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
worrying about a driver wearing a nose ring while driving at 200mph seems a bit daft doesn't it? they've got bigger worries like their limbs being smashed to pieces rather than their nose ring getting hot :lol:

hp88

The Merc was bouncing all over the place again, few others were as well so it might just be down to teams playing around with the setup.

Fluctuation0161

Could just be this track and temperature suits the Merc. But interesting to see if it works this race and also in the next few tracks.

Dan_F

What happened in FP3 to have the Mercs back down the field?

hobbers

Still looks like RB and Ferrari have a good 0.7s in their pocket on the rest of the field.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Can see more than 2 SC tomorrow. Very narrow in places.