F1 2022 Season

pauldyson1uk

2 more season of DTS.

Formula 1 and Netflix have confirmed that the popular docu-series 'Drive to Survive' has been renewed for a fifth and sixth season.

'Drive to Survive' which chronicles life behind the scenes in the F1 paddock premiered on Netflix in 2019, and the series was a resounding success from the outset, and has even been credited as one of the main drivers of Grand Prix racing's growth in popularity in America.

But on a global basis, the series has attracted to the sport a new, younger demographic of fans.

There has been some criticism of 'Drive to Survive' from within F1 however, with several drivers expressing their discontent with the series' tendency to fabricate intrigue or exaggerate rivalries.

Reigning world champion Max Verstappen has refused to take part in the series, denouncing

"I’m quite a down-to-earth guy, and I just want it to be facts, don’t hype it up," said the Red Bull driver earlier this year.

"I understand of course it needs to be like that for Netflix. It’s just not my thing."

'Drive-to Survive' producer Box to Box Films is already hard at work on Season 5, with its crews appearing in the paddock in the first four races of the season.

I have not watched the last season and don't intend to.

pauldyson1uk

Pirelli has opted for a middle-of-the-range tyre choice for this weekend's inaugural Miami Grand Prix, a conservative approach justified by the track's status as a new venue.

F1's exclusive tyre supplier relied on simulation to determine the characteristics of the 5.41-kilometer, 19-corner layout that features three straights, elevation changes and high-speed sections that have been compared to Jeddah's street circuit.

Pirelli's chosen combination of the C2, C3 and C4 compounds is the one that is the most used during the F1 season.

Pirelli explains 'conservative' tyre choice for Miami (f1i.com)

vangagal

Cant wait to hear Crofty said Miami GP is the best thing since slice bread. He will be jerking off nonstop to hype this one regardless the race is good or not.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Apparently the ESPN deal is coming to an end and F1 are shopping around the US for the TV rights = even more hype.

Still with those straights and 3 DRS there will be plenty of overtaking.

diarm

I'm going to spend this whole grand prix looking out for suspicious mascots in pink flamingo outfits.

Mike Smalling

I thought I was a McLaren fan, but they are not making it easy with shit like this:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I thought I was a McLaren fan, but they are not making it easy with shit like this:

imagine him, topless, porpoising down a straight in a merc, corden laughing at the top of his lungs as bugs and flies smush into his belly and tits.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal

pauldyson1uk

Dont know why I have not noticed this before.
Why have the scheduled the races the way the have, it is daft.
There was Australia, Italy, this week Miami and them its Spain, just seems like a lot of miles.
Canada is the same, in between Azerbaijan and Silverstone.

pauldyson1uk

Ahead of this weekend's Miami Grand Prix, the FIA has issued to F1 teams an amendment to the latter's scrutineering form which states that checks on banned jewellery and underwear will now be part of the formal scrutineering process on race weekends.
In Australia, ahead of the start of the 2022 F1 season, FIA race director Niels Wittich had warned drivers against wearing underwear of jewellery that do not comply with the safety regulations that are part of the International Sporting Code.
Specifically, synthetic undergarments that pose a threat to a driver's safety in the event of a fire are forbidden while body piercings or metal neck chains, rings and bracelets are also prohibited during the competition.
It is believed that drivers were given a grace period after Melbourne to comply with the rules, but Lewis Hamilton said at the time that he had no plans to remove his many piercings.

I wonder what the penalties would be, Fine to driver maybe.
Can you just imagine a grid drop because you have an piercing in or the wrong underwear on :lol:

https://f1i.com/news/440210-fia-ram..._qpubJuVHKxqYWHDQMTBmT1bKyvlKBYuVT8c3gIt7hfHk

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Dont know why I have not noticed this before.
Why have the scheduled the races the way the have, it is daft.
There was Australia, Italy, this week Miami and them its Spain, just seems like a lot of miles.
Canada is the same, in between Azerbaijan and Silverstone.
I assume they are regulated more by what the countries can do, rather than what F1 wants.

Obviously doing all the races in the same location one after another would be most efficient, but perhaps Miami can only do May, COTA can't etc.

pauldyson1uk

I assume they are regulated more by what the countries can do, rather than what F1 wants.

Obviously doing all the races in the same location one after another would be most efficient, but perhaps Miami can only do May, COTA can't etc.
Fair points.
I would have thought, with FIA wanting to cut costs and budget caps, they would want to cut transports costs also.

dinostar77

Mercedes have brought a new rear wing, front wing and beam wing to miami. No new floor. So expect porposing to continue, though there might be a reduction in porposing in lower speed corners. Will find out in fp1 at 630pm tonight.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Mercedes have brought a new rear wing, front wing and beam wing to miami. No new floor. So expect porposing to continue, though there might be a reduction in porposing in lower speed corners. Will find out in fp1 at 630pm tonight.
I think merc seem to be expecting that as the parts are intended more as an experiment apparently to fix a development path

https://the-race.com/formula-1/mercedes-hints-at-miami-upgrades-as-it-plans-experiments/

so yeah their drivers could be in for a bumpy ride

dinostar77

Btw if someone does come across this weekends technical delegate report for miami (list of all the changes made to the cars by all the teams), and posts a link that would be appreciated. I've looked and cant find it, which i presume means it hasnt been published. It is normally published before FP1.

pauldyson1uk

Btw if someone does come across this weekends technical delegate report for miami (list of all the changes made to the cars by all the teams), and posts a link that would be appreciated. I've looked and cant find it, which i presume means it hasnt been published. It is normally published before FP1.
I have tried to look for these before, never found them.
I think there will be quite a few this weekend.

pauldyson1uk

Concerns over track damage?
Repairs were made to the track overnight after some asphalt issues and Martin Brundle, who drove the track earlier this week, hopes that won't have an impact on this weekend's event.
"The track is good, really challenging with some tricky corners. It's narrow in some places and wide in others. I think they've done a great job on that.
"I am concerned about all the little stones. They have re-sealed turns seven and 17 overnight. We found some gravel in other parts of the track. Hopefully that is just a temporary issue."

Not something I was expecting to hear.

Leg-End

Hamilton turning up to the press conference wearing as much jewellery as possible is amazing :lol: