F1 2022 Season

hobbers

Checo winning here wouldn't be much drama at all. If he starts out qualifying Max in RBR and Silverstone etc then we'd have a proper three way title fight on our hands

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Checo winning here wouldn't be much drama at all. If he starts out qualifying Max in RBR and Silverstone etc then we'd have a proper three way title fight on our hands
Close enough that he's not listening to team orders anymore, that's for sure.

If he hears 'let max through he's on another strategy' 1 more time I think he might explode

dinostar77

I wonder if RB would even allow Perez a fair shot at the drivers title with max or would have to move over if hes infront of max and max is behind him in the adjacent position.

pauldyson1uk

I wonder if RB would even allow Perez a fair shot at the drivers title with max or would have to move over if hes infront of max and max is behind him in the adjacent position.
Good question.
Not sure if they would deny Perez wins over Max, but I think they might.
Can you imagine the fall out if Perez was asked to mover over for a Max win and did not, Max's Dad's face would be a joy to see.

The Firestarter

Good question.
Not sure if they would deny Perez wins over Max, but I think they might.
Can you imagine the fall out if Perez was asked to mover over for a Max win and did not, Max's Dad's face would be a joy to see.
Checo Sr vs Jos would be box office.

Azerbaijan GP Practice Two timesheet

pauldyson1uk

DriverTeamTime
1) Charles LeclercFerrari1:43.224
2) Sergio PerezRed Bull+0.248
3) Max VerstappenRed Bull+0.356
4) Fernando AlonsoAlpine+0.918
5) Carlos SainzFerrari+1.050
6) Pierre GaslyAlpha Tauri+1.091
7) George RussellMercedes+1.324
8) Yuki TsunodaAlpha Tauri+1.343
9) Esteban OconAlpine+1.385
10) Lando NorrisMcLaren+1.547
11) Sebastian VettelAston Martin+1.557
12) Lewis HamiltonMercedes+1.650
13) Lance StrollAston Martin+1.650
14) Daniel RicciardoMcLaren+1.835
15) Valtteri BottasAlfa Romeo+1.891
16) Zhou GuanyuAlfa Romeo+2.040
17) Kevin MagnussenHaas+2.364
18) Alexander AlbonWilliams+3.173
19) Mick SchumacherHaas+3.201
20) Nicholas LatifiWilliams+3.994

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
DriverTeamTime
1) Charles LeclercFerrari1:43.224
2) Sergio PerezRed Bull+0.248
3) Max VerstappenRed Bull+0.356
4) Fernando AlonsoAlpine+0.918
5) Carlos SainzFerrari+1.050
6) Pierre GaslyAlpha Tauri+1.091
7) George RussellMercedes+1.324
8) Yuki TsunodaAlpha Tauri+1.343
9) Esteban OconAlpine+1.385
10) Lando NorrisMcLaren+1.547
11) Sebastian VettelAston Martin+1.557
12) Lewis HamiltonMercedes+1.650
13) Lance StrollAston Martin+1.650
14) Daniel RicciardoMcLaren+1.835
15) Valtteri BottasAlfa Romeo+1.891
16) Zhou GuanyuAlfa Romeo+2.040
17) Kevin MagnussenHaas+2.364
18) Alexander AlbonWilliams+3.173
19) Mick SchumacherHaas+3.201
20) Nicholas LatifiWilliams+3.994
Alonso over Sainz is quite the news for me. Still, it’s likely Sainz will achieve P3 or P4.

Perez also getting ahead of Max shows he is committed to fight against him. If no problems with the engine or crashes should be a tight duel. Leclerc is also there and might get P1 but Ferraris lack of speed in the long track may be a burden for him.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Charles over one lap is pretty rapid. Wouldn't be a huge surprise if he got pole but the race pace, Red Bull is too good (and strategy). I just hope Perez doesn't fold to team orders and strategy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Alonso over Sainz is quite the news for me. Still, it’s likely Sainz will achieve P3 or P4.

Perez also getting ahead of Max shows he is committed to fight against him. If no problems with the engine or crashes should be a tight duel. Leclerc is also there and might get P1 but Ferraris lack of speed in the long track may be a burden for him.
Alpine always run full engine mode in practice.

They're regularly high up in the early FP's but then sink away once qualy comes.

I do think though Alpine has good straight line speed, has done all year.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Jesus. Hamilton's car is bouncing so much, his helmet bobbing up & down like a basketball... my teeth hurt watching it.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Jesus. Hamilton's car is bouncing so much, his helmet bobbing up & down like a basketball... my teeth hurt watching it.
that’s just him shaking in fear because russell is so much faster than him and he’s been found out.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
all because charlie whiting wanted to prove his surname didn’t make him a racist.
If he was serious about trying to prove that, he should have changed his surname. That was a huge giveaway of his predilection. And stop ordering white bedsheets in bulk.

dinostar77

Its mental that they fixed the initial porposing problem for spain i.e. high frequency porposing but now developed low frequency porposing.

Must be driving them all nuts at Mercedes especially as Ferrari can be just as quick as RB whilst having some low frequency porposing as well.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
If he was serious about trying to prove that, he should have changed his surname. That was a huge giveaway of his predilection.
he did try that by giving himself a darts name. unfortunately deedpoll made a clerical error and instead of becoming charlie “the power” whiting, he became charlie whiting “power”

hp88

Perez is going to give Horner a headache, hoping he carry this pace over to qualifying now.

dinostar77

Surely if your any other team than Ferrari and RB your gonna have to give your teammate a tow in qually. Could be the difference between being 5th on the grid or 15th. Its so tight outside the top two teams. Getting a tow in Q3 should be interesting. I expect some games between getting the car into the right window for the hot lap andnstaying behind the car in front to get the tow without the dirty air.

At the pace Ferrari and RB are showing id expect the entire field to be lapped tomorrow.

Ahmer Baig

Alpine are so fast down the straight if they can get track position they'll be impossible to overtake.

hobbers

Gonna be very interesting what they do with tows.

If Ferrari get captain slow Sainz to give Charles a tow they'll guarantee pole, because neither Red Bull will be giving the other a tow you can bank on that.

Ahmer Baig

It’s not physical for the right reason, unfortunately. It’s very strange, it’s like oscillation, you can’t train or get ready for [it].

“It’s just painful on the body, really. I can feel it on the neck.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If heading the ball is bad for your brain, having it rattled around while you’re going 200mph is obviously not going to be good for it either.

hobbers

They should just penalise the teams that suck at ground effect and force them to raise the ride heights until oscillations stop, that'll stop the drivers whinging.

Though with the cost cap and like Merc have already proven, teams dont have the time or the money to fix the problems while remaining competitive.

dinostar77

Wouldnt be suprised if mass dampers were allowed back into F1. Active suspension would be too costly.

Its embarrassing for the pinnacle of motorsport to allow this to continue especially with a cost cap. FIA technical team who came up with the designs nust share the brunt of the blame. How did they completely miss porposing as a potential side effect.

We finally have cars that car follow really closely but 90% of the grid is comprising their setup to counteract porposing. Embarrassing.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
FIA will simply turn around to any team complaining and tell them to figure it out because other teams can do it… really, this is issue for George is a Mercedes not willing to sacrifice a year or fall further down the pack to rectify the issue… that’s not a formula 1 fault, that’s a Mercedes fault.