g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

F1 2022 Season

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I'm talking about posters here, not commentators. I don't know why but it makes me irrationally angry:lol: Max is more understandable, given he has a long surname, but Fernando is weird, given Alonso is shorter. Charles just sounds cringey.

We used to have a (since banned) annoying poster, one of a small handful actually, but he was the worst, who insisted on always referring to Pogba as Paul. It's just a bit weird and cringey, like people think they're on first name terms with them. Same with the nicknames thing- people who yelled 'go on Choccy/Sparky/whoever' always seemed smug weirdos who thought they were some ITK cos they knew a nickname.
Definitely irrational :lol:

It doesn’t bother me too much, I don’t think using first names implies a personal relationship. I see why you get it though, because when it comes to sport we are purely used to seeing players (in all sports) referred to by surname.

F-Red

Isnt the reason why the cars are so big this season is the ground effect design? Maybe they can add skirts and therefore allowing cars to reduce the girth and length.
No, primarily the increase in size is due to safety measures and some of the additional weight has come from the new tyres.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
I'm talking about posters here, not commentators. I don't know why but it makes me irrationally angry:lol: Max is more understandable, given he has a long surname, but Fernando is weird, given Alonso is shorter. Charles just sounds cringey.

We used to have a (since banned) annoying poster, one of a small handful actually, but he was the worst, who insisted on always referring to Pogba as Paul. It's just a bit weird and cringey, like people think they're on first name terms with them. Same with the nicknames thing- people who yelled 'go on Choccy/Sparky/whoever' always seemed smug weirdos who thought they were some ITK cos they knew a nickname.
Strange thing to be fussed about. There's only 20 drivers so it's easy to go with first names. What's wrong with nicknames? Checo, Chuck:lol:, Carlito, I mean who cares really.

phelans shorts

People who didn’t play with Rooney calling him Wazza still annoys me to this day.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
People who didn’t play with Rooney calling him Wazza still annoys me to this day.
But they say it because they hear the commentators, managers and players say it. It's not exactly hard to understand. Yeah I'm sure there are a few people who say it because they're knobs but I'm sure you'll find other reasons to hate on those people if you feel the need to.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Strange thing to be fussed about. There's only 20 drivers so it's easy to go with first names. What's wrong with nicknames? Checo, Chuck:lol:, Carlito, I mean who cares really.
I know it's irrational, it's just one of those things that grinds your gears.

Would people rather we just used first names everywhere, eg 1991- Michael, just before Pete's dominance. BREAKING NEWS: Man United have signed John...etc...

It's such a rubbish, puerile nickname. Gazza worked, but Wazza is lame.

The Firestarter

Would people rather we just used first names everywhere, eg 1991- Michael, just before Pete's dominance. BREAKING NEWS: Man United have signed John...etc...

I hope where you live the skies are clear or not that many clouds

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
But they say it because they hear the commentators, managers and players say it. It's not exactly hard to understand. Yeah I'm sure there are a few people who say it because they're knobs but I'm sure you'll find other reasons to hate on those people if you feel the need to.
yeah, they’re just upset that they’re not close enough to wayne to refer to him as all his mates do, wazza rooza.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United

Both my names are kind of unique, but my last name is difficult as feck so if I were some famous superstar I'd prefer them calling me by my first name. I give a lot of people nicknames so for me these things aren't important. I do agree some nicknames are shit though like Wazza.

'United signed John' would be problematic though :lol:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
yeah, they’re just upset that they’re not close enough to wayne to refer to him as all his mates do, wazza rooza.
If you haven't been invited to Wazzapalooza you haven't got any right to make a fuzza IMO

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Both my names are kind of unique, but my last name is difficult as feck so if I were some famous superstar I'd prefer them calling me by my first name. I give a lot of people nicknames so for me these things aren't important. I do agree some nicknames are shit though like Wazza.

'United signed John' would be problematic though :lol:
Yeah my first name is very common, five letters, and my full surname is a really long 18 character double-barrel, so I guess I'd get the same:lol:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Yeah my first name is very common, five letters, and my full surname is a really long 18 character double-barrel, so I guess I'd get the same:lol:
jippy jippingtonn-jippley the 4th.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
:lol:Not a million miles off. It sounds vaguely posh til you hear my Hull accent and that shatters any illusion.
better than a brummy one. it would be hard to command any respect after introducing yourself as jippoi jippingtonn- jipploi.

dinostar77

Swrgio Perez extends with RB for two more seasons until 2024.

Jos Verstappen having a moan at RB for not getting Perez to give up the win for Max. Not withstanding there was a ferrari between them and a ferrari behind max.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Perez signing so early and for so long is suprising given they have Albon and Gasly doing well. Closes the door for RIC, VET, ALO though I doubt they were on.

To be fair to him, he's performed much better this year. It will be interesting when the Mercs come back into the mix where he ends up.

What a turn around after getting kicked out of Aston Martin.

The Firestarter

Jos Verstappen having a moan at RB for not getting Perez to give up the win for Max. Not withstanding there was a ferrari between them and a ferrari behind max.
Jos Verstapen is even bigger kunt than Marko. Focking sociopath.

The Firestarter

Perez signing so early and for so long is suprising given they have Albon and Gasly doing well. Closes the door for RIC, VET, ALO though I doubt they were on.

To be fair to him, he's performed much better this year. It will be interesting when the Mercs come back into the mix where he ends up.

What a turn around after getting kicked out of Aston Martin.
Another twist in events may see him actually ahead of Max in the WDC. Unlike Merc where one driver is clearly ahead for the forseeable , this can get very interesting.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Another twist in events may see him actually ahead of Max in the WDC. Unlike Merc where one driver is clearly ahead for the forseeable , this can get very interesting.
I would absolutely love Perez to do a Rosberg. The only thing that wouldn’t make me want it is that I think after that season Hamilton became determined to not let a title slip from his hands and became a different beast. Would hate that to happen with Max but wouldn’t mind if it broke him mentally instead and he went back to being petulant. :drool:

The Firestarter

I would absolutely love Perez to do a Rosberg. The only thing that wouldn’t make me want it is that I think after that season Hamilton became determined to not let a title slip from his hands and became a different beast. Would hate that to happen with Max but wouldn’t mind if it broke him mentally instead and he went back to being petulant. :drool:
Only thing I am afaraid is the health of Checo's father if he wins a WDC

hp88

Gasly could be done with F1 at this rate, he doesn’t want to stick around in the junior team and I can’t see Merc, Ferrari or McLaren making way for him as they have their own driver programmes, shame though as everyone from his generation seem to have landed in a good seat.

Mike Smalling

Gasly could be done with F1 at this rate, he doesn’t want to stick around in the junior team and I can’t see Merc, Ferrari or McLaren making way for him as they have their own driver programmes, shame though as everyone from his generation seem to have landed in a good seat.
Haas when they ditch Mick?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
3 overtakes by Vettel cleanly done on the track that the Monaco TV broadcast failed to show.

hp88

Haas when they ditch Mick?
No doubt Mick will get ditched at some point but it's a sideways move for Gasly,

Full interview below, sounds like he's expecting everyone to bend over for Max now but he really needs to watch what he says to the media.

The championship leader, Max, was not helped in that sense by the chosen strategy. It turned completely to Checo's favour. That was disappointing to me, and I would have liked it to be different for the championship leader.

Column Jos Verstappen: 'Third place for Max is disappointing' - news.verstappen.com

Fluctuation0161

No doubt Mick will get ditched at some point but it's a sideways move for Gasly,

Full interview below, sounds like he's expecting everyone to bend over for Max now but he really needs to watch what he says to the media.

The championship leader, Max, was not helped in that sense by the chosen strategy. It turned completely to Checo's favour. That was disappointing to me, and I would have liked it to be different for the championship leader.

Column Jos Verstappen: 'Third place for Max is disappointing' - news.verstappen.com
Like father like son. Entitled and arrogant.

GeorgieBoy

Had a weekend away in Nice and got ourselves tickets for the race and qualifying last weekend.
Just got back.

Yeah I know the racing is shit; but was an amazing experience being only a few metres from the track. Mexican couple next to us were in tears at the end. :lol:

F-Red

Gasly will either go to McLaren or Alpine.

slyadams

He gained that place by pitting at the right time and having a superior strategy. If he had gonethrough that corner 5 km/h slower and not touched the line he'd still have come out ahead. So no, he didn't gain a place by touching the line. And as someone just explained above, he was allowed to do that. Apparently it was the race director who made a mistake.
I know the rules and the RD made a mistake, l literally posted it myself. The point was merely that saying "he didn't gain an advantage" as mitigation if it was in the rules wouldn't have applied, because if it was against the rules and you come that close the person you're undercutting, you don't get the benefit of the doubt and he would have been penalized for gaining the place.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
After the Spain GP events, something inside told me Checo had his chance of getting back at Monaco. When I saw the Ferrari screw up, I knew it was gonna happen. I felt bad for Leclerc but that’s how it is.

Checo, as long as he keeps improving his results as he currently is, will give it a hard time for Red Bull to choose placing him as a sidekick to Max. Next race it’s at Azerbaiyán where he won last year and the next races will also be to RBs favor due to being long tracks. I think he can be a dark horse for the remainder of the season and would love him to do a Rosberg. He waited 190 races for his first win and 12 years for the opportunity to drive a winning car, he has everything to win and nothing to lose. His moment is right now.