F1 2022 Season

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
British fans booing non British drivers, classy as always.
you’re just ignorant and don’t understand our culture. it’s a term of endearment. my second grandmother, and the mother of my father and my uncles’ soul and heart! she used to boo us all. it’s not about what it is about love. fecking hypocritical lonestar.

LoneStar

you’re just ignorant and don’t understand our culture. it’s a term of endearment. my second grandmother, and the mother of my father and my uncles’ soul and heart! she used to boo us all. it’s not about what it is about love. fecking hypocritical lonestar.
I don't care about booing. It's just the hypocrisy that bothers me. Sky made a big deal of it when Lewis was booed at Hungary last year.

Apparently it's all friendly banter now that it's not their darling driver on the recieving end. Same with Rosberg. Also cheering when Max crashed last year at that speed is just disgusting. Like I said, classiest of fans.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I don't care about booing. It's just the hypocrisy that bothers me. Sky made a big deal of it when Lewis was booed at Hungary last year.

Apparently it's all friendly banter now that it's not their darling driver on the recieving end. Same with Rosberg. Also cheering when Max crashed last year at that speed is just disgusting. Like I said, classiest of fans.
:lol: You are absolutely insufferable.

1. There are plenty of other non-British drivers on the grid, don’t see them getting booed. I wonder why.
2. Hamilton was booed in Hungary for standing up for the rights of the LBGT community.

First you make more of a point of defending Max than condemning racism. And now you equate fans booing Max, classy or not, because he’s a dick, to fans booing a driver standing up for human rights.

I’m seeing a bit of a trend here …

klsv

I am also a member of a football forum that is absolutely shocked at fans booing their rivals and sports media stirring up shit. My god, how peculiar!

LoneStar

:lol: You are absolutely insufferable.

1. There are plenty of other non-British drivers on the grid, don’t see them getting booed. I wonder why.
2. Hamilton was booed in Hungary for standing up for the rights of the LBGT community.

First you make more of a point of defending Max than condemning racism. And now you equate fans booing Max, classy or not, because he’s a dick, to fans booing a driver standing up for human rights.

I’m seeing a bit of a trend here …
Of course they only boo drivers who actually dare compete at the top. Vettel at RB was booed, Rosberg was booed and now Verstappen. Quite obvious what the trend is here. All good as long as you let our drivers win mentality. So entitled.

Max is a dick now too, apparently. The bias on here is just another level.:lol:

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Of course they only boo drivers who actually dare compete at the top. Vettel at RB was booed, Rosberg was booed and now Verstappen. Quite obvious what the trend is here. All good as long as you let our drivers win mentality. So entitled.

Don't think that was ever in question

The Hilton

Calling fans at Silverstone entitled, coming from the guy who can't stand the idea that folks don't like his favourite driver. A total lack of self awareness seems to be a hallmark of Verstappen fans on here.

Dan_F

I don’t really understand why you’re bothered by it. Imagine going to football and there’s no booing of a rival. It’s a part of sport. Bringing the reaction in the UK press Hungary into your argument doesn’t help either - clearly that was for something very different.

Sports fans always think rival players are dicks, did you ever moan about Liverpool or Arsenal players being dicks? It’s the same thing, highlighting negatives and not recognising any positives.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
What do you expect. English sports fans are the worst. They also have an Englishman who is one of the best drivers ever. Of course they will be tribalistic. Exactly the same in the Netherlands.

klsv

Hope it's not just a track specific thing for Mercedes again.

pauldyson1uk

I don’t really understand why you’re bothered by it. Imagine going to football and there’s no booing of a rival. It’s a part of sport. Bringing the reaction in the UK press Hungary into your argument doesn’t help either - clearly that was for something very different.

Sports fans always think rival players are dicks, did you ever moan about Liverpool or Arsenal players being dicks? It’s the same thing, highlighting negatives and not recognising any positives.
I agree with this, booing is all part of any sport, it happens all the time.
Of course Max was going to get booed here, what else do people expect, the same will happen to Lewis in Austria and Holland, the drivers expect it, Lewis has already said it drives him on, I would say Max is the same.

Last edited:

dinostar77

watching FP3 and Max looks like the one to catch, Lewis is also looking fast, looks like the upgrades are working and the Merc's are maybe back in the mix.
Sainz car was bouncing quite a lot earlier.
Not sure if max and leclrec are running in full power deployment. Maybe they are sandbagging? Cant see Mercedes closing a 0.7 gap with some upgrades bought to one gp. I think after qually Mercedes will be 0.2-0.3 off the RBs which will be a huge improvement. Lets see.

pauldyson1uk

Not sure if max and leclrec are running in full power deployment. Maybe they are sandbagging? Cant see Mercedes closing a 0.7 gap with some upgrades bought to one gp. I think after qually Mercedes will be 0.2-0.3 off the RBs which will be a huge improvement. Lets see.
Yeah I tend to agree.
I still only have Lewis and Russell 5th and 6th but closer to top 4.

ArjenIsM3

Looks like a big improvement from Mercedes. Car seems to be bouncing a lot less and pace wise there doesn't seem to be much between them, Ferrari and Red Bull at the moment though they're probably still third. Hopefully not another false dawn for them. Maybe Toto will now stop whining about how the FIA need to fix Mercs problems with porpoising for them, that would be a nice bonus :lol:

hobbers

The sad thing is even if Merc are 2 tenths closer to the front the rest of the field look shocking. Midfield are all nowhere.

pauldyson1uk

Looks like a big improvement from Mercedes. Car seems to be bouncing a lot less and pace wise there doesn't seem to be much between them, Ferrari and Red Bull at the moment though they're probably still third. Hopefully not another false dawn for them. Maybe Toto will now stop whining about how the FIA need to fix Mercs problems with porpoising for them, that would be a nice bonus :lol:
I agree its does looks to be driving better and Lewis looks like he is driving with confidence in the car.

Leg-End

Red Bull easy pole but I reckon Merc might be in the fight here in the race.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I agree its does looks to be driving better and Lewis looks like he is driving with confidence in the car.
Indeed.
Both Hamilton and Russell look a lot more than comfortable and confident in the Mercedes.
I do believe that as soon as Hamilton feels he can really push, we will see the true Lewis again.

pauldyson1uk

Indeed.
Both Hamilton and Russell look a lot more than comfortable and confident in the Mercedes.
I do believe that as soon as Hamilton feels he can really push, we will see the true Lewis again.
I think Russell has had more confidence in the car then Lewis so far this season, even in the state it is now , it is much better than what he was driving last season.
I agree with Lewis, get the car bang on and he will be up there, I still think he will win a race or 2 this season.