F1 2022 Season

dinostar77

Think Lewis basically agreed he would sign a waiver to keep his jewellery. The only person who could be hurt from keeping it on are the driver themselves.

Let’s see what happens tomorrow at FP1.
I doubt anything will happen. Too much negative publicity already this week. Piquet and now Bernie saying Putin is great and how he should be running europe. FIA have been quick to distance themselves from the comments.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United

Nice to see this from Max. With the Vips and Piquet situation, Max was placed in a difficult situation and he handled it well.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Nice to see this from Max. With the Vips and Piquet situation, Max was placed in a difficult situation and he handled it well.
He seems to have matured a bit since he became WC and has the best car and a big lead.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
"What I said was ill thought out, and I make no defence for it," said Piquet, a three-time F1 champion.

"But I will clarify that the term used is one that has widely and historically been used colloquially in Brazilian Portuguese as a synonym for 'guy' or 'person' and was never intended to offend.

:lol:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse

yep, did well there and showed some maturity in dealing with the question. fair play to him.

atkar83

"What I said was ill thought out, and I make no defence for it," said Piquet, a three-time F1 champion.

"But I will clarify that the term used is one that has widely and historically been used colloquially in Brazilian Portuguese as a synonym for 'guy' or 'person' and was never intended to offend.

:lol:
Is this a similar situation to what Cavani went through when he said what he said?

F-Red

New Aston Martin side pod design leaked in a sponsorship announcement ahead of them running it tomorrow.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast

Dan_F

Is this a similar situation to what Cavani went through when he said what he said?
Yes in a sense of the phrase used, but the context is completely different. Cavani could actually use that defence given that he was talking to a friend, Piquet clearly not. Not that I’d particularly care for defending Cavani either.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He had a big lead last season at this point to be fair, before Mercedes cars started shunting him.
Not sure they shunted him. Much more like 50/50.
But he knows he is a match for Leclerc.
That was not the case last season with Hamilton.

dinostar77

Hardly any running in fp1. FP2 will be packed on track. So many new upgrades and so little time to test. Also news to dial the cars in for qually. This could be a interesting and unpredictable weekend at this rate.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The detail on the Mercedes new floor looks incredible. It actually looks wider than before. And in the wet FP1, the driver head looked much more stable.
Now let's see if they have it right

Leg-End

Hard to judge the pace on today but tyres look to be a bit safe ie hard.

pauldyson1uk

Horner explains Red Bull silence after Piquet comments
The boos for Verstappen also followed his comments in the media on Thursday where he condemned Piquet's racially offensive comments in reference to Hamilton, but also insisted Piquet - who is his partner Kelly's father - was "definitely not a racist" and suggested the scandal had been "blown out of proportion".

"Max is absolutely clear that he is fully supportive of Lewis and not just Lewis but any form of racism or discrimination," Horner stressed to Sky Sports F1.

Horner also defended his Red Bull team's response to the Piquet comments.

Red Bull were one of few teams who did not issue a statement or a supportive message to Hamilton when the news broke earlier this week.

But Horner believes the team made their anti-racism stance clear with their action against reserve driver Juri Vips, who has been dropped by Red Bull following racist comments of his own during a gaming stream.

"First of all, of course, we were appalled at Nelson's comments," said Horner.

"It is from an interview from some time ago and obviously we had had an incident with one of our young drivers at the end of last week.

"We took very definitive action when he had made a racist comment and we immediately removed him from the team.

"Then this comes out and we felt we had made a very strong statement through the action of actually dropping Juri from the team and not in any way condoning any form of racism and discrimination.

"We had put out a statement earlier in the day about Juri about having zero tolerance to racism, so to then put out another statement about Nelson Piquet...

"Of course, we are fully behind Lewis, fully signed up to the Hamilton Commission and sometimes actions speak louder than words.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Its a term used between friends in Brazil. He is not really a homophobe.
yeah and what do we think hamilton is actually doing in the cockpit when he’s “porpoising” down straights. people are just upset that piquet is such a visionary and max approved non piece of shit.