F1 2022 Season

hp88

Apparently Mercedes didnt bring enough low drag rear wing spares to Austria. Hamilton got the spare low drag rear wing and russell had to run a higher drag rear wing in the sprint yesterday. Which slowed him down.
Watching Teds Notebook and he goes neither car will have the low drag parts so doubt we are going to see the same performance from Friday practice / Qualifying.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I dont think breaking was his problem, the HAAS in front did an excellent job with DRS to keep him at bay, it was only when KMag got out of DRS with Sch that Lewis took him.
It would have been the same either way round.
Lewis was hampered by the collision at the start and never really fully recovered.
If it had been the main race, then yeah maybe Lewis would have taken more risk.
Mick has a place in F1 , with a half decent car, he is showing that he can do it, I dont think he is not going to win any WC's but I think he may well win races.
That is pretty much my view as well.
MS positioned his car well. But for an F2 driver, that is not too difficult.

Lewis does seem to be more careful this season. And yesterday, my view is that after damaging his car before, he did not want to ruin his chances in the GP today.

MS obviously has ability. But living under the Schumacher name has to be a really tough act to follow.

pauldyson1uk

That is pretty much my view as well.
MS positioned his car well. But for an F2 driver, that is not too difficult.

Lewis does seem to be more careful this season. And yesterday, my view is that after damaging his car before, he did not want to ruin his chances in the GP today.

MS obviously has ability. But living under the Schumacher name has to be a really tough act to follow.
Not wanting to damage the car more before the GP, yeah I can go with that.
Still dont think he has total confidence in the car, not like he had with previous years.
With the news that Mecedes have no low drag parts, today could be a long race for them.

dinostar77

Watching Teds Notebook and he goes neither car will have the low drag parts so doubt we are going to see the same performance from Friday practice / Qualifying.
Mark Hughes for the The Race website.

"....The team brought three low-downforce wings appropriate to the Red Bull Ring’s layout but the crashes destroyed two of them. The surviving one was fitted to Hamilton’s car, obliging Russell to take the less than optimum wing...."

One of them has got it wrong.

pauldyson1uk

Mark Hughes for the The Race website.

"....The team brought three low-downforce wings appropriate to the Red Bull Ring’s layout but the crashes destroyed two of them. The surviving one was fitted to Hamilton’s car, obliging Russell to take the less than optimum wing...."

One of them has got it wrong.
So one left , fitted to Lewis's car, that makes a difference. He should get up the field, while Russell might struggle.

Fluctuation0161

Or just on any matters to be honest. The guy talks sense on basically all topics.
Agreed. And I disliked Vettel a lot when at Red Bull, I always wanted Webber to do well and preferred him. But now Vettel is one of my favourite drivers for talking sense.

dinostar77

Scarbs F1 update for new parts on cars in Austria. Williams, RedBull, Alpine and Mclaren. Only 5mins long. Has to be watched on youtube.

avgp_1

Hope Aston Martin can turn around the season for Seb. Can so easily see him walk away at the end of the year

Mike Smalling

Seems like a bunch of cavemen are using Super Max's success as an excuse to get extraordinarily drunk, tribal, and belligerent. I doubt it was the same five year ago, or that they care much about the race.

Mike Smalling

It's the Verstappen tradition, passed on from father to son.
To be fair, they are in no way responsible for what goes on in the stands. It's not like they are inciting it, and didn't Max come out the other day and say that the ones who cheered Hamilton's crash aren't F1 fans?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Just watching Martin Brundle driving the 1992 Benetton powered by the brilliant Cosworth Ford engine screeming behind him. Such an iconic sound, especially compared to the current V6.

You forget how dominant Ford engines were in F1. From the DFV in the late 1960's where almost every team used except of course Ferrari.
It was so inexpensive and available that many small teams could afford to go into F1 and actually win races.

Mike Smalling

Also, just realized K-Mag and Lewis and starting in the same row today. Contact guaranteed, and somehow only the Haas will take damage.

Just watching Martin Brundle driving the 1992 Benetton powered by the brilliant Cosworth Ford engine screeming behind him. Such an iconic sound, especially compared to the current V6.

You forget how dominant Ford engines were in F1. From the DFV in the late 1960's where almost every team used except of course Ferrari.
It was so inexpensive and available that many small teams could afford to go into F1 and actually win races.
Give credit where its due, they were Cosworth engines through and through. Never mind the badge. Cosworth had some incredible designs, also the BDA/YB in touring cars and rallying. It's a shame they have faded.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Give credit where its due, they were Cosworth engines through and through. Never mind the badge. Cosworth had some incredible designs, also the BDA/YB in touring cars and rallying. It's a shame they have faded.
Yes of course. The DFV was a development of the F2 FVA engine.
But the funding for that was provided by Ford.
You may well have read it. But the book Such Sweet Thunder described how the Cosworth Ford DFV came into being and dominated F1 like nothing before or after.
In that book, it showed that a team could buy an engine for something like £12,000 and a Hewland gearbox and pretty much go racing.
Definitely worth a read.