F1 2022 Season

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I turned it on with 2 minutes to go, I thought it was just about to start :lol:

Have I missed anything in 58 minutes before?

antsmithmk

Hates women.
What’s the thing with weighing the drivers?
The combined mass of the driver and car must not be below a certain mass. The cars are taken to have their mass recorded independent of the driver for the top 3. During qualifying they will call cars in at random to be checked. Usually the driver stays in the car for this.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I turned it on with 2 minutes to go, I thought it was just about to start :lol:

Have I missed anything in 58 minutes before?
I mean it’s qualifying, the result is the main thing that matters.

Probably only point of note is that Schumi would have been top 10 in Q1 but broke track limits.

And if you didn’t see it at the end, Leclerc got pole somewhat because he had a tow from Sainz. Certainly would have been closer.

RoadTrip

The combined mass of the driver and car must not be below a certain mass. The cars are taken to have their mass recorded independent of the driver for the top 3. During qualifying they will call cars in at random to be checked. Usually the driver stays in the car for this.
Got it, thanks.

laughtersassassin

Nothing more Red Bull could do there with Leclerc having Sainz to tow him on so perfectly.

Red Bull going to have to try use the strategy of having two cars up there to their advantage

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I mean it’s qualifying, the result is the main thing that matters.

Probably only point of note is that Schumi would have been top 10 in Q1 but broke track limits.

And if you didn’t see it at the end, Leclerc got pole somewhat because he had a tow from Sainz. Certainly would have been closer.
Yep, I saw the end, and basically everyone who I expected was in Q3 by the looks of it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Amazing lap by Lando yet again. So reliable.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Solid pole from Leclerc. Norris outperforming that McLaren again.
Definitely agree with you about Lando Norris. He rarely fails to perform. Especially when compared to race winner Danny R.

laughtersassassin

Leclerc and Ferrari getting very confident that they have the fastest car now which to be fair I think is hard to argue with .

hobbers

The biggest thing standing between Leclerc and the title now is that he's almost certainly going to need to take 2 new engines to get to the end.

And that's not accounting for any more engine blow ups.

redshaw

Hope to see Lando in a top car sooner than later.

Good lap from Lewis at the end considering but Merc still poor really. They've been generally around 1 second off in the season and still are, I think seals any last hopes they can find the speed and start taking big points off Ferrari and Red Bull.

pauldyson1uk

Good qualifying from Leclerc , helped by the tow from Sainz.
With Sainz at the back , cant see it being long before Max is leading, could be in the first corner.
Good last lap 1:31.765 from Lewis but still way behind what the Mercs need to be, to be challenging for race wins without any DNF's in front of them.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

I don’t understand this constant necessity to make it out the Ferrari is the faster car. Over one lap, I think it is. But even today it would have been so close without the tow. And on race pace, it’s definitely not the clear faster car.

In my view both cars are extremely close and competitive. The team that wins the title will have the best driver, plus some luck (less reliability issues), plus some good strategy from their team. On all 3 of these, you’d say Max and RB have the advantage at the moment (RB reliability also questionable though, and as for Max vs Leclerc whilst I think Leclerc can rival for pure speed he’s yet to prove he can handle the “business end” of a title fight).

F-Red

I don’t understand this constant necessity to make it out the Ferrari is the faster car. Over one lap, I think it is. But even today it would have been so close without the tow. And on race pace, it’s definitely not the clear faster car.

In my view both cars are extremely close and competitive. The team that wins the title will have the best driver, plus some luck (less reliability issues), plus some good strategy from their team. On all 3 of these, you’d say Max and RB have the advantage at the moment (RB reliability also questionable though, and as for Max vs Leclerc whilst I think Leclerc can rival for pure speed he’s yet to prove he can handle the “business end” of a title fight).
The Ferrari still is the faster race pace car currently and can only see that increasing going forward. Reliability will be key, but I think both Verstappen and Leclerc will need to manage engine penalties before the end of the season.

RoadTrip

The Ferrari still is the faster race pace car currently and can only see that increasing going forward. Reliability will be key, but I think both Verstappen and Leclerc will need to manage engine penalties before the end of the season.
Save for Austria where quite clearly it was, I’m not quite sure how you can say it’s faster in the race. And why do you see it increasing?

antsmithmk

Hates women.

The statistics show that the pole-sitter takes more than 40% of race wins. This information is based on the overall race wins since Formula 1 began in the 1940s. Out of the 1,066 completed Grand Prix races, the driver that has become the pole-sitter has won the race 450 times as of the 2022 Canadian Grand Prix.

I think this has skewed people's thoughts... This season has shown these cars can overtake and being on pole on most tracks isn't the be all and end all.

Norris

Not sure how Charles is so confident, I think RBR have the better Race pace. Austria was more of an exception than the rule. All weekend long, Ferrari have struggled with degree of Tyre Deg. However, if Ferraris can win this, would be immense. Hope Sainz does something special too from the back. He can be a fantastic driver on his day.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
So Ive recently fell in love with the F1 due to Netflix's Drive to Survive but I have a really strange question.

Like who do people usually support? The team or the individual driver?

I've grown immensely fond of Pierre Gasly so I'll be rooting for him to finish in the top half even though he's with a mediocre team.

Krits

So Ive recently fell in love with the F1 due to Netflix's Drive to Survive but I have a really strange question.

I've grown immensely fond of Pierre Gasly so I'll be rooting for him to finish in the top half even though he's with a mediocre team.
It's a combination of both. For example, I have been a Ferrari fan since I started watching F1 in 98. But when Schumi went to Mercedes, I obviously wanted him to do well. I definitely will support a Ferrari driver, whoever it is. Some people chose to support drivers from their countries. But when it comes to a Ferrari driver winning WDC or Ferrari winning the championship. I'd chose the Driver winning WDC. I think that has more allure to it. So right now if given the chance I'd take LeClerc for WDC and Redbull for constructors champion and I think most fans would agree with the same for their driver in their supported team.

F-Red

Save for Austria where quite clearly it was, I’m not quite sure how you can say it’s faster in the race. And why do you see it increasing?
I've got a hunch that I think Ferrari will have stronger engine updates throughout the second half of the season that will improve performance.

Krits

I've got a hunch that I think Ferrari will have stronger engine updates throughout the second half of the season that will improve performance.
Engines are frozen, the only updates they can do is for reliability. Though, It would be interesting to see what sort of development Ferrari can continue doing as I believe RB spent a lot more of their budget early on whereas Ferrari didn't update the car at all for the first 4 races. So they might have more money to throw around.

But then again Ferrari have had to rebuild their cars more times than RB. So I guess what I'm saying is. We will have to see :wenger:

dinostar77

Its track by track specific. Ferrari are great on corners but RedBull have better stright line speed. Overall the RedBull is the fastest car and best car this season.

Its going to be another victory for max as he will overtake leclerc on the long straight with drs and that will be that.

gormless

I generally just watch wanting a close Championship fight. I’ve watched for 25 years now, and I’ve found the last decade or so the only people I have wanted to do we’ll see the more nostalgic drivers: Michael Schumacher’s 2nd career, Kimi and Alonso. Probably approaching that stage with Vettel and Hamilton soon to be honest. I generally only really begin to support once they’re no longer at the front. Though last year I think after Brazil I supported anybody up against Max as I thought his driving was dangerous. He hasn’t been that bad this year though

avgp_1

Ferrari are the faster car over one lap but on races, I'd say it's 50-50. They've been switching with RB across tracks. It's reliability where they have struggled more it seems