F1 2022 Season

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Its track by track specific. Ferrari are great on corners but RedBull have better stright line speed. Overall the RedBull is the fastest car and best car this season.

Its going to be another victory for max as he will overtake leclerc on the long straight with drs and that will be that.
All depends if Leclerc can get a good start and get out of DRS early. If he can do that I'm not sure he will catch.

pauldyson1uk

So Ive recently fell in love with the F1 due to Netflix's Drive to Survive but I have a really strange question.

Like who do people usually support? The team or the individual driver?

I've grown immensely fond of Pierre Gasly so I'll be rooting for him to finish in the top half even though he's with a mediocre team.
Good question.
Lewis for me, he got me watching F1, after I stopped watching, for many years, after I saw Senna crash.
After Lewis, nobody really, just want to see good racing.
Iam not a Max fan, but dont dislike him, fully admit he is the one to beat now.
Like to see Daniel Ricc do well, but he is not. Norris is good, Russell will be a WC along with Leclerc, but Max will be around for a long time and will break some of Lewis's records

Norris

So Ive recently fell in love with the F1 due to Netflix's Drive to Survive but I have a really strange question.

Like who do people usually support? The team or the individual driver?

I've grown immensely fond of Pierre Gasly so I'll be rooting for him to finish in the top half even though he's with a mediocre team.
I think different people will give you different answers obviously. Always loved Ferrari from the time I started watching F1. Then wih Schumi retiring, Red Bull and Merc dominance, I sort of lost interest. But now that Ferrari have sorta come back into the fold, it's been good fun. With the exception of 1-2 drivers, the quality on show for each race is incredible. The machines they design where fractions of a second count is also incredible innovation.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
The statistics show that the pole-sitter takes more than 40% of race wins. This information is based on the overall race wins since Formula 1 began in the 1940s. Out of the 1,066 completed Grand Prix races, the driver that has become the pole-sitter has won the race 450 times as of the 2022 Canadian Grand Prix.

I think this has skewed people's thoughts... This season has shown these cars can overtake and being on pole on most tracks isn't the be all and end all.
Yeah, perhaps. I just think the way the regulations are now, it’s very possible to have a fast car in quali and not in the race. With Parc Ferme, with tyre and fuel regs, DRS, and many other things, the car on pole may well not be the faster race car anymore whereas certainly in the past, it very likely was.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Anyone been to some race this year? I've tried to book one of Monza or Hungaroring, but it's almost full and the prices are ridiculous.

RoadTrip

Great start by Magnusson.

Ferrari will find it hard to stay ahead of RB once DRS opens it seems :(. But Ferrari has real nice pace through s3.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
People need to calm down here. Max isn't past Charles yet and could be a while if it happens.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
The straight-line speed of the RB vs the corner speed of Ferrari. Wow what a difference these cars

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
One thing I am shocked by is Perez not making it past Lewis yet.

Overtaking might not quite as easy as I originally thought.
Hamilton is quickest at the moment, but yeah overtaking is difficult.

RoadTrip

Problem for Max is though is any advantage he had on tyre wear might be being negated by being in dirty air, too.

Sainz has managed to do well, back ahead of K Mag, and on the hards.