F1 2022 Season

phelans shorts

UEFA did it to Marseille when they cheated to win. They lost all their titles. The Olympics strip medals after the fact if someone is found to have cheated. It's the right thing to do. I don't think the FIA will do it because they are a joke.
A far more apt comparison would be Juventus following Calciopoli, where the players (who did nothing wrong) didn’t lose out on their individual records however the team were reprimanded.

The Olympics comparison doesn’t hold up in any sense, in that every event that I can think of it would have to be a competitor cheating rather than their boss. Desperately trying to cling onto some way where Lewis wins the world title is pretty daft, it’s not like Max is the Red Bull accountant

pauldyson1uk

A far more apt comparison would be Juventus following Calciopoli, where the players (who did nothing wrong) didn’t lose out on their individual records however the team were reprimanded.

The Olympics comparison doesn’t hold up in any sense, in that every event that I can think of it would have to be a competitor cheating rather than their boss. Desperately trying to cling onto some way where Lewis wins the world title is pretty daft, it’s not like Max is the Red Bull accountant
That is not something I am doing, I dont think it would be right, but cheating is cheating.
Max if I am being honest did deserve his win, strip the team of it, but letting Max keep it, could be an option.

hobbers

If Red Bull have seriously breached the cap and they cant wiggle out of it legally, which would probably end up in the courts, then the most obvious penalty would be excluding them from this season's constructors.

phelans shorts

That is not something I am doing, I dont think it would be right, but cheating is cheating.
Max if I am being honest did deserve his win, strip the team of it, but letting Max keep it, could be an option.
Oh I know, others have been saying Max should have had his win removed though which is what I was referring to. Stripping Red Bull given they’re culpable would be entirely fair, Max did have an unfair advantage but unless he was involved in the financial meetings his knowledge of it is very likely to be zero, so punishing him seems very harsh.

hobbers

The Williams must be an absolute nightmare on a track like this in wet conditions. Top speed is worthless.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Oh I know, others have been saying Max should have had his win removed though which is what I was referring to. Stripping Red Bull given they’re culpable would be entirely fair, Max did have an unfair advantage but unless he was involved in the financial meetings his knowledge of it is very likely to be zero, so punishing him seems very harsh.
Unless he’s an idiot, there’s no way he’s unaware of how Red Bull seemingly I’m is always developing to be faster while their competitor have to stop development

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Red Bull allegedly broke the rules for the TD, according to only Mercedes, and look how that turned out. Until the FIA announce the budget audits you'd have to be very stupid to take anything coming out of Mercedes as gospel.

Personally I would bet Red Bull have tried to exclude some expenses they shouldnt have, and are going to lean hard on how the budget rules are interpreted, and then they'll negotiate a modest penalty with the FIA and the rules will get tightened up. You can already tell this is probably what's happening right now by Horner and the FIA's statements. And they wont be the only team doing creative accounting, all the teams will have.

And if it turns out Mercedes have the inside scoop on other teams budget audits, that tells you everything you need to know about the integrity of Toto's lawyer Rao, and will bring the sport even further into disrepute.

On the other hand, if it turns out they haven't breached any budget caps it'll be humiliating for Mercedes since everyone knows where the speculation has come from.
If we can’t take seriously what’s been mentioned by Mercedes, can we take seriously what’s been mentioned about the topic by the other teams and the journalists ‘on the pit wall’?

dinostar77

I really don’t like this track. So claustrophobic to watch and very little room to overtake.
Watching not so great as a spectcle. Playing it on the f1 game, its utterly sensational. One of my favourite tracks now. It relentless. Prefer it to monaco.

dinostar77

If we can’t take seriously what’s been mentioned by Mercedes, can we take seriously what’s been mentioned about the topic by the other teams and the journalists ‘on the pit wall’?
Binotto has commented on this as has siedl of mclaren. So its not mercedes alone.

phelans shorts

Unless he’s an idiot, there’s no way he’s unaware of how Red Bull seemingly I’m is always developing to be faster while their competitor have to stop development
If you’re not involved in finances then how would he know how effective the initial car was and how much improvements cost to make?

You’d have to be an idiot to think drivers look at this kind of thing. I bet Lewis doesn’t file Mercedes tax returns either.

Fully Fledged

The problem is that nobody cares about the Constructors Championship. If the punishments only effect the CC teams will just cheat to win the the Drivers Championship as that is more high profile.

pauldyson1uk

The problem is that nobody cares about the Constructors Championship. If the punishments only effect the CC teams will just cheat to win the the Drivers Championship as that is more high profile.
Not sure this is correct, is there not huge amounts of money involved and wind tunnel time all attached to where you finish in the Constructors

dinostar77

If you’re not involved in finances then how would he know how effective the initial car was and how much improvements cost to make?

You’d have to be an idiot to think drivers look at this kind of thing. I bet Lewis doesn’t file Mercedes tax returns either.
They are aware of the developments ongoing in the factory and have a say in how the car is developed. They arent stupid.

Fully Fledged

Not sure this is correct, is there not huge amounts of money involved and wind tunnel time all attached to where you finish in the Constructors
So if you cheat to win the DC and get points dropped in the CC then you have more wind tunnel time. Red Bull don't need the money. Millions of people are killing themselves by being addicted to their awful drinks.

hobbers

They're all being asked to comment on a rumour that originated from Mercedes. It's one thing to say what should happen if a team breached the cap, it's another entirely to say that a team has breached the cap.

I dont think Horner, Binotto and co know about other teams' situations with the budget cap and wont know until Wednesday. Toto is the only one talking as if he's had other info given to him.

The problem is that nobody cares about the Constructors Championship.
Mercedes fans might not be but the rest of the world is. Especially every single person employed by every F1 team.

dinostar77

The honda PU has a great torque delivery band. Seeing as both honda powered teams into q3.

pauldyson1uk

They're all being asked to comment on a rumour that originated from Mercedes. It's one thing to say what should happen if a team breached the cap, it's another entirely to say that a team has breached the cap.

I dont think Horner, Binotto and co know about other teams' situations with the budget cap and wont know until Wednesday. Toto is the only one talking as if he's had other info given to him.

Mercedes fans might not be but the rest of the world is. Especially every single person employed by every F1 team.
have seen 2 other teams talking about it, Ferrari and McLaren

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
good job aston martin have zero brains