F1 2022 Season

United Hobbit

Stick your wets on and go racing!
Is it me or did they use to race in these sorts of conditions? I know this is rather biblical but it feels anything more than a shower they panic

Wet racing is so much more exciting

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Frustrating as United are on at 2, if it does start it'll be right during the match.

Think I might have to stick f1 on record and avoid spoilers. No doubt there will be plenty of crashes/safety cars anyway. Annoying.

dinostar77

Frustrating as United are on at 2, if it does start it'll be right during the match.

Think I might have to stick f1 on record and avoid spoilers. No doubt there will be plenty of crashes/safety cars anyway. Annoying.
Ive got both f1 and footy on record. Will get kid off to bed pronto at 6pm so i can have a evening of sport to myself.

Leg-End

What is the right decision?
No idea but whatever it is the FIA will get it wrong, it will either end up extremely harsh or extremely lenient.

If the budget cap doesn’t lead to significant penalties then don’t have one.

United Hobbit

Why couldn't they do a formation lap straight from the garage, then do a normal start? If needed add an extra formation lap?

They go straight from the garage in qualifying

The crowd cheering the SC :lol:

United Hobbit

Going to have to have United on the iPad, F1 on the TV though by the time they finally get on with it the Football will probably be over

Is there more rain coming? Surely the longer they faff the more likely the next wave is to hit mid race

Just get on with it with wet tyres

Adam-Utd

Looks like it's drying up now, surely there shouldn't be so much of a delay

Leg-End

So the 3 hour clock is ticking but they still want to feck about with a 30 minute race start procedure, F1 lacks common sense.

Adam-Utd

So the 3 hour clock is ticking but they still want to feck about with a 30 minute race start procedure, F1 lacks common sense.
this starting the race clock business seriously needs to feck off.

It's such a stupid limitation. We lose an hour of the race just because of a regulation

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's not even that bad. They should literally stop racing in wet and that's it.

dinostar77

this starting the race clock business seriously needs to feck off.

It's such a stupid limitation. We lose an hour of the race just because of a regulation
Especially as its a night race and theres no daylight to lose where it becomes too dark to race.

hobbers

An hour for start procedures is absolute bs when they also seem to have to impose this time limit as well. Brainless.

Why does racing have to finish at 11pm? It's a fecking night race.

Adam-Utd

Surely the 3 hours should start from the moment they do the start procession.

Why has it already started when they haven't done that yet? it's just bonkers.

I love f1 but it doesn't help itself sometimes.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Only just put this on, and won't be watching it for obvious reasons - but they're not lining up another Spa 2021 farce are they?

PlayerOne

Am I wrong in thinking F1 has gone a bit too far when it comes to wet starts lately? Feels like they used to let them race more, but could be recency bias.

I mean what's the point of having the best drivers in the world and wet tires?

dinostar77

About race seat next year, Ocon Gasly potentially at Alpine next year, what could go wrong aye? :lol:
Good test for ocon and gasly, as i dont think ocon is anything other than mediocre f1 driver.

Piastri v Norris is going to be the one to watch next year.

Telsim

One hour delay... Is it really that wet? But I suppose it is a tricky and potentially dangerous track. Now I have to make a choice what to watch - F1 or football.

dinostar77

Only just put this on, and won't be watching it for obvious reasons - but they're not lining up another Spa 2021 farce are they?
Probably, just give max the win as even though hes starting 8th? 9th? He'll have over taken everyone by the end of the first lap.