F1 2022 Season

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
The classic race of Spa '98 that they love reminding us about would never in a million years happen anymore.
Wet racing is part of F1 and can create so many more 'natural' chaotic, classic moments. If they allowed the cars to just race they wouldn't have to try as hard to 'create' these moments with DRS and over used safety cars

vangagal

Good test for ocon and gasly, as i dont think ocon is anything other than mediocre f1 driver.

Piastri v Norris is going to be the one to watch next year.
For me, they are about the same anyway, just about mediocre to alright driver.

Piastri needs a stand out year to justify his hype though.

United Hobbit

Am I wrong in thinking F1 has gone a bit too far when it comes to wet starts lately? Feels like they used to let them race more, but could be recency bias.

I mean what's the point of having the best drivers in the world and wet tires?
Completely agree, and it's denying fan's enjoyment as the wet races are so gripping and unpredictable - do they need to make the wet tyres better so they can actually race on them?

Didn't realise there was a 3 hour clock too, with an hour wasted with prep, when they qualify they go straight from the garage? Give them half an hour warning and get on with it. Especially as Latifi inevitably causes a red flag, more time eaten into. Light isn't an issue as it's floodlights

And now they've spent so long faffing we lose the excitement of a properly wet track

I know there's safety but they're ruining the draw for fans

mitChley

this starting the race clock business seriously needs to feck off.

It's such a stupid limitation. We lose an hour of the race just because of a regulation
According to Sky the clock hasn't started ticking yet, won't start till 2:05 UK time.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
The spray looks pretty bad tbf.

EDIT: we're just getting random footage from the circuit here with zero commentary so no clue what's going on.

Leg-End

Looks like inters to me, bit of standing water but they can make that work.

mitChley

Sky confirming that cause they've changed the start time, not delayed the start, the 3 hours HASN'T started.

dinostar77

Race starts in full wet tyres will probably start the safety car more often frm 2024 onwards. This is because tyre blankets will be banned from that season onwards. Freezing cold full wet tyres with no temperature in them. How will they cope?

If only they had to get into their regular commuter cars at 7am on a very wet day with cold tyres, that would be useful experience for them....

mitChley

Why don't Mercedes just buying Angela (?) A scooter so she doesn't need to run to keep up with Lewis.

Edit: is it budget cap? Poor Toto

United Hobbit

If they delay the start by an hour and then still do a safety car start I'm done with this sport
Exactly, they've already denied us a properly wet race with all the faffing and the meer fact they're having to decide if a standing start will be allowed is ludicrous

They're all on inters so surely that suggests it's drying out, therefore there should be no question around the type of start?

When did all this caution around wet races come in? I don't even think it was after Bianchi's fatality it seems far more recent than that?

United Hobbit

Why don't Mercedes just buying Angela (?) A scooter so she doesn't need to run to keep up with Lewis.

Edit: is it budget cap? Poor Toto
Agree or Lewis could buy her one! She's running frantically behind him scooting along, unless there's some random regulation that only drivers are permitted them?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It does look wet tbf even after an hour, should be an interesting race.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Only just put this on, and won't be watching it for obvious reasons - but they're not lining up another Spa 2021 farce are they?
So yeah, should be a good race, this...

Ahmer Baig

Hamilton, Alonso and Verstappen all lost places... Of all the people, never thought these 3 would lose places.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
This won't dry for softs until half of the race probably.