g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

F1 2022 Season

hobbers

Probably safe to assume Perez wins then, well deserved, easily driver of the day.

avgp_1

Perez master class today.
Both Mercedes, dreadful, Max not good either.
Leclerc and Sainz also good.
Sainz pace wise was nowhere near the front 2 entire race. Only thing he did was hold up Hamilton despite having a race winning car

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
bit much to expect a red bull to win without any controversy.

Robertd0803

Feels like Ferrari fans are clutching at straws here hoping for 2x5 second penalties to be applied. Doubt it will even be one.

But knowing Ferrari this season it will be one and they will still end up second.

hp88

Feels like Ferrari fans are clutching at straws here hoping for 2x5 second penalties to be applied. Doubt it will even be one.

But knowing Ferrari this season it will be one and they will still end up second.
Watching the race the background so didn't really follow it but surely Ferrari had enough pace to keep the below 5 secounds.

hobbers

So Max needs to win and Leclerc not finish second to claim the title in Japan.

Couldn't have planned it much better if they tried.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Pretty dire race for actual racing. Impossible to make any sort of overtake as it was like ice off the racing line on slicks. Quite eventful with the spins and prangs to make it interesting.

Robertd0803

Watching the race the background so didn't really follow it but surely Ferrari had enough pace to keep the below 5 secounds.
I dont think so, if they did you have to imagine they would have told LeClerc to keep the gap within 5 secs because not even Ferrari would be stupid enough to hope that 2 penalties would be handed out. Especially considering Vettel losing 1st place to Hamilton in Canada in the same circumstances a few years ago.

But then again it amazes me that Ferrari actually manage to fit all 4 tires on the car each race they way they are going this year.

Comically Perez gets a single 5 second penalty and still wins :lol:

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Could do with a few different levels of intermediate tyres to liven up races like this
I've often thought this. Like you have super soft, soft, medium and hard slicks...
The only thing going against it would be the logistics of having to lug around all the additional tyres.

redshaw

Wet track normally spices things up but it makes this track even worse. Then you have a dry racing line and forever damp outside of it. Sainz's bring the car home drive summed it all up, Leclerc continually dropping him for a 10 second gap.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Latifi handed 5 places grid penalty next race. That means he will start from Singapore.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Street circuits are terrible. Singapore, in particular, is totally unsuited to F1.

Didn't the Australian GP used to be one of the most exciting races of the year, until they moved it to the streets of Melbourne?

Monaco is also a rubbish track, but the history of the race makes it special.

hobbers

Cost cap allegations looking like they'll turn into just another desperate Merc smear campaign, how predictable.

Wonder if Merc fans will finally start to learn.

gormless

Street circuits are terrible. Singapore, in particular, is totally unsuited to F1.

Didn't the Australian GP used to be one of the most exciting races of the year, until they moved it to the streets of Melbourne?

Monaco is also a rubbish track, but the history of the race makes it special.
The Australian GP on the street circuit in Adelaide?

Completely agree with street circuits being shit; but you may be misremembering the Aussie bit

Maroon Lucifer

What happened?
nothing... news are coming tomorrow.

But what are these Marko comments I keep hearing about? He did some interview with ORF that is no longer available, but as far as I gather, he hinted at the issue of interpretation of rules. Whether they needed to include certain people that worked at a subsidiary company or something like that.