F1 2022 Season

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Max really needs someone outside of Lewis to come in and give him stiff competition.

hobbers

5 seconds for shunting off a direct competitor and ending their race.

30 seconds for driving a damaged car after someone else causes a crash.

redshaw

With the Russell incident on board it does look like Sainz is going on the outside of Max then cuts inside when Russell had already committed. This is a corner that comes back on itself and I think if you go cut back inside you open the door to colliding into cars coming around the corner so I can why it wasn't a huge penalty.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Your boy is in my view the equal of Leclerc at least and given a competitive car would certainly show that. Hugely talented and deserves a better car.
yep he’s been carrying Mclaren over the last 2 years. Difficult to know with Ricciardos performances just how good or average he’s been, but his points total doesn’t lie.

If Mclaren can’t give him a chance of winning by the time Hamilton retires, he will replace him there im pretty certain.

goalscholes

With the Russell incident on board it does look like Sainz is going on the outside of Max then cuts inside when Russell had already committed. This is a corner that comes back on itself and I think if you go cut back inside you open the door to colliding into cars coming around the corner so I can why it wasn't a huge penalty.
As much as I’m not a huge Russel fan, I agree. Plus early race collisions always tend to be punished more leniently.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Hamilton said: "He had an 11-second stop and was behind Charles. That just shows how much pace he had. To get past Charles, make up the six seconds and pull three seconds ahead of me, that shows some serious speed."

Mercedes level domination and far beyond the figures in the cost cap issue.

RBs update during the second pre-season test to stop the bouncing and whatever updates they did mid-season to manage tyres better has put them way ahead though straight line speed is the major factor.

Ferrari started the year with the same pace if not better, if they can find a way to manage their tyres better for next season then they will compete.

Mercedes probably need a concept change though they haven't been bouncing as much recently.

Ahmer Baig

Story of Alonso’s season, if he is doing well in the race, **** happens, if he fights back and score points, it gets taken away.

Ahmer Baig

The funny thing is in addition to not telling him to pit, stewards didn't care that the mirror was in the middle of the road until the end of the race. Could have easily been removed with VSC.

hobbers

RB and FIA seem to have agreed on an ABA already but won’t announce the details until next weekend.

Probably a big fine and 5% wind tunnel reduction

laughtersassassin

RB and FIA seem to have agreed on an ABA already but won’t announce the details until next weekend.

Probably a big fine and 5% wind tunnel reduction
Where you getting that from. AMuS implied red bull agreed an ABA on Sunday morning but then news seemed to come out to say otherwise.

Who is saying it's agreed again? Do you have a link?

Marko did say though he thinks and hopes it will be agreed this midweek as no one wants this going to the CCAP as that would mean this saga would go on for 6-9 more months so it's in the interest of everyone to agree something.

pauldyson1uk

At the time, I thought Russell maybe deserved more than 5 seconds, but I watched , a good few times more and I came to the same result.
The Alonso penalty is a joke, where did FIA get a 30 second pen from.
I am not a huge fan of Russell, I think he is a cocky little shit, but so are most F1 drivers.

hobbers

Where you getting that from. AMuS implied red bull agreed an ABA on Sunday morning but then news seemed to come out to say otherwise.

Who is saying it's agreed again? Do you have a link?

Marko did say though he thinks and hopes it will be agreed this midweek as no one wants this going to the CCAP as that would mean this saga would go on for 6-9 more months so it's in the interest of everyone to agree something.
Just iracing discord chatter really. Probably just rehashing whatever AMuS and GPblog are saying.

Does seem pretty likely that they already had a deal struck, and wisely decided to wait a bit because a "lenient" penalty will provoke more of the toxic abuse, and abuse wouldn't fit very well with DM's passing and that media cycle.

laughtersassassin

Just iracing discord chatter really. Probably just rehashing whatever AMuS and GPblog are saying.

Does seem pretty likely that they already had a deal struck, and wisely decided to wait a bit because a "lenient" penalty will provoke more of the toxic abuse, and abuse wouldn't fit very well with DM's passing and that media cycle.
Last rumour I saw was 25% wind tunnel and CFD reduction which would be a massive reduction.

I assume they will have negotiated that down a bit as that would cripple RB according to Scarab. But even 10-15 will be worth a whole lot more than the 1-2 mil overspend so if that happens it should work as a big deterrent for the future as the teams have asked for.

I just hope whatever it is that's it's announced before Friday so the pointless speculation doesn't continue to dominate the GP weekends.

Sky get very irritating when they start speculating constantly and stop actually focusing on the race weekend.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Last rumour I saw was 25% wind tunnel and CFD reduction which would be a massive reduction.

I assume they will have negotiated that down a bit as that would cripple RB according to Scarab. But even 10-15 will be worth a whole lot more than the 1-2 mil overspend so if that happens it should work as a big deterrent for the future as the teams have asked for.

I just hope whatever it is that's it's announced before Friday so the pointless speculation doesn't continue to dominate the GP weekends.

Sky get very irritating when they start speculating constantly and stop actually focusing on the race weekend.

Toto showed a bit of class after the race when he shut them down talking about it, to show some respect to RB founder.

laughtersassassin

Toto showed a bit of class after the race when he shut them down talking about it, to show some respect to RB founder.
Yeah that was nice to see.

Sky are so shameless sometimes. They kept saying out of respect we won't talk about cost cap then proceed to ask Horner and Toto about the cost cap post race which is pointless when there was a statement saying it won't be resumed till midweek.

You would think they'd have a day off for five minutes but they just are always trying to gode people into saying something or trying to poke the fire on some way.

Sure half the arguments that happen between Horner and Toto are because Sky will question one or the other and manipulate what each said in a way to make it seem so much worse.

But that's what happens in the social media age I guess.

dinostar77

Rumours that a few outlets are running that Porsche will be buying a 50% stake in Williams and supply engines from 2026.

I'll admit some confusion here, as it was said before RB deal fell through that Porsche wanted to use RB racing factory to produce the powertrains as they dont have the facilities in stuttgart to produce f1 powertrains.

dinostar77

Hamilton said: "He had an 11-second stop and was behind Charles. That just shows how much pace he had. To get past Charles, make up the six seconds and pull three seconds ahead of me, that shows some serious speed."

Mercedes level domination and far beyond the figures in the cost cap issue.

RBs update during the second pre-season test to stop the bouncing and whatever updates they did mid-season to manage tyres better has put them way ahead though straight line speed is the major factor.

Ferrari started the year with the same pace if not better, if they can find a way to manage their tyres better for next season then they will compete.

Mercedes probably need a concept change though they haven't been bouncing as much recently.
Apparently the RB squats at the rear down on the straights, which improves its straight line speed. Leclerc has commented on it a few times. Whether RB can still use that trick next season im not sure. The new rules around minimum ride height and the coke bottle/beam wing/bleeding edges/wastegate at the rear, do make me wonder if the FIA have just made it more difficult to achieve.

laughtersassassin

Apparently the RB squats at the rear down on the straights, which improves its straight line speed. Leclerc has commented on it a few times. Whether RB can still use that trick next season im not sure. The new rules around minimum ride height and the coke bottle/beam wing/bleeding edges/wastegate at the rear, do make me wonder if the FIA have just made it more difficult to achieve.
Yeah they can still use it. It's been a common thing across the years various cars have done it.

The Merc last year used to do it but with the more primitive suspension it got rid of their method of achieving it.

RBs suspension is apparently to be the best on the grid as it's the main area Newey focused on this time around.

I guess RB are just the first people to figure it out under these regs. Others will follow now in the upcoming seasons.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Rumours that a few outlets are running that Porsche will be buying a 50% stake in Williams and supply engines from 2026.

I'll admit some confusion here, as it was said before RB deal fell through that Porsche wanted to use RB racing factory to produce the powertrains as they dont have the facilities in stuttgart to produce f1 powertrains.
Probably just rebadge the Audi engines

pacifictheme

Probably just rebadge the Audi engines
I don't think thry will be allowed to do that. I am sure a podcast I was listening to was talking about how strictly seperate audi and porcshe will need to be. I am sure they won't be but I don't think they would be able to just slap a sticker on an audi engine.

Camilo

At the time, I thought Russell maybe deserved more than 5 seconds, but I watched , a good few times more and I came to the same result.
The Alonso penalty is a joke, where did FIA get a 30 second pen from.
I am not a huge fan of Russell, I think he is a cocky little shit, but so are most F1 drivers.
Nah, Russell charged in like an arse leaving nobody else any options at the first corner. Sainz was miles ahead of him and had the absolute right to do what he did there.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I don't think thry will be allowed to do that. I am sure a podcast I was listening to was talking about how strictly seperate audi and porcshe will need to be. I am sure they won't be but I don't think they would be able to just slap a sticker on an audi engine.
Will probably be a customer team of Audi but do the hybrid bit themselves

Williams is an interesting fit for them and one with a lot of history but certainly one that represents a bigger challenge than red bull

hobbers

Future is an attitude. People actually get paid to come up with that vapid shite.

dinostar77

There will be very strict rules in about technology sharing between porsche and audi. It was raised by big teams already. Problem is how you govern and audit that process to ensure the rules are abided.

"...2026 f1 season, mazepin in the audi and latifi in the porsche/williams fight it out for the drivers title due to porsche explioting a loophole in the regulations (the quadrupal diffuser) and volkswagen group sharing the technology with audi. Latifi is champion, despite crashing his car in every practise session during the season (daddy is rich so its ok, #deepPockets). Audi win the constructors though.

FIA after months of deliberation (aka knuckle dragging) decide that latifi can keep his title and audi can keep the constructors title as its would ruin the integrity of the sport to change the outcome now. Both teams are fined for breaching the cost cap by spending £2mil each too much on toilet roll during the season..."

#FIA-If you give us brown paper bags like FIFA, then magic can happen.

Camilo

Yeah must have been some burgers
A million of them. And next year everyone shows up saying "we didn't overspend on the car, we just happened to overspend on catering".

A budget is a budget. If you've overspent on catering, what took up the actual catering budget?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
How is this season's red bull car illegal exactly?
The car is part of the RB team. In exactly the same way as the drivers. And exactly the same as everything association with the RB team.
And the RB team is the only one who has been found to have exceeded the cap.
That is how.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
A million of them. And next year everyone shows up saying "we didn't overspend on the car, we just happened to overspend on catering".

A budget is a budget. If you've overspent on catering, what took up the actual catering budget?
Well the debate is around what’s included in the budget, as not all costs are. Horner said he will be fully transparent so we shall find out soon.

dinostar77

The car is part of the RB team. In exactly the same way as the drivers. And exactly the same as everything association with the RB team.
And the RB team is the only one who has been found to have exceeded the cap.
That is how.
They will be done for overspend next season as well i.e. current 2022 season. As ferrari and mercedes have commented that RBs current spending on parts this season is in excess of the cost cap budget.

Basically RB are putting on lighter parts and ferrari and mercedes dont understand how financially RB can do it without breaking the cap.

#CheatsProsperInF1

hobbers

Basically RB are putting on lighter parts and ferrari and mercedes dont understand how financially RB can do it without breaking the cap.

#CheatsProsperInF1
Doesn’t mean much when one of those teams fails to understand the basics of porpoising and the other can’t understand the basics of race strategy.