F1 2023 Season

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That was Russel's fault, what was he thinking?

As if we needed a 20th reminder but this is why Perez will never compete for a title or even finish within 120 points. He's plum average at proper circuits even in the best car.
I love it when people here convince themselves Red Bull should let them fight, when Perez is absolutely average driver, probably in the bottom ten.

hobbers

Nice to see two McLarens setting decent times in Q3 for a change.

JuriM

Outside of Max, everyone messes up at least one sector if they really try to push it.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
No one is even close to Verstappen, just goes to show even more how shite Perez is.

Shame, because otherwise it's an interesting list from 2nd to 20th, lots of surprises.

avgp_1

Norris is up there with Leclerc IMO as the best qualifier on the grid right now

NM

Love the comments saying Alonso has not done well. Damaged car. Still top 10..

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If they want to make F1 better and they’re desperate to have sprint races they should have a car which is the exact same and then let them race. With the model currently and previously you’re always going to get a stupidly much better car with the in form best driver on the grid (Hamilton and now Max). At least that same car in the sprint will give a hopefully better and more fluid race.

United Hobbit

If they want to make F1 better and they’re desperate to have sprint races they should have a car which is the exact same and then let them race. With the model currently and previously you’re always going to get a stupidly much better car with the in form best driver on the grid (Hamilton and now Max). At least that same car in the sprint will give a hopefully better and more fluid race.
I'd really like to see them all in an exact same car, be a proper test of who is best driver if all start on an equal footing

NM

I'd really like to see them all in an exact same car, be a proper test of who is best driver if all start on an equal footing
F1 is about the best car. Drivers are (at best) about 0.3-0.5 of a difference in most cases unless it's wet etc.

Mike Smalling

Happy for Lando!

Shame Perez is miles off Verstappen. It will never get interesting, but I wonder if Red Bull even care. He is good enough to secure the Constructors and Verstappen gets to be the star boy without any challenge.

Leg-End

Wouldn’t be a bad race for a Red Bull engine to pop, it’s tasty behind Max.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
And I think we've seen these last two weeks why Perez was never going to challenge Max. Just hasn't got it. Good driver, of course, but just isn't in that bracket

goalscholes

Ignoring Max, who without rain or mechanical issues is probably about a second a lap faster than everyone else, it should be a good race tomorrow.

Which is not something we always say about the Spanish GP.

Norris showing his class, now McClaren’s upgrades have made the car look pretty decent.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Ignoring Max, who without rain or mechanical issues is probably about a second a lap faster than everyone else, it should be a good race tomorrow.

Which is not something we always say about the Spanish GP.

Norris showing his class, now McClaren’s upgrades have made the car look pretty decent.
Yeah, I was talking to someone else in this thread the other day who didn't rate Norris, but I think he's a great driver. He's just had an absolutely garbage car. Let's hope this version of the car can continue to perform this season, because I think it's a shame he hasn't been able to show how good he because of the machinery.

pauldyson1uk

George Russell demands Mercedes talks and blames team for Lewis Hamilton collision

George Russell demanded internal talks as he shirked the blame for colliding with Lewis Hamilton during qualifying in Barcelona.
The Brit endured a wretched session on Saturday, leaving him with plenty of work to do to get a good result from the Spanish Grand Prix. He will be starting 12th on the grid after failing to make it through to the final part of qualifying.
But that was not all as Russell also had a run-in with Hamilton during Q2. As they approached a corner, Russell had the inside line and the DRS open as he swung to the outside of the track, forcing Hamilton onto the grass and knocking his fellow Brit's front wing endplate off.
Hamilton said over the radio that the move was "really dangerous", but Russell said he wasn't even aware that his team-mate was there. "I was starting my lap, trying to take the slipstream from Sainz and fortunate that nothing bad happened," he told the TV cameras.

Beginning to dislike Russell.

The Firestarter

George Russell demands Mercedes talks and blames team for Lewis Hamilton collision

George Russell demanded internal talks as he shirked the blame for colliding with Lewis Hamilton during qualifying in Barcelona.
The Brit endured a wretched session on Saturday, leaving him with plenty of work to do to get a good result from the Spanish Grand Prix. He will be starting 12th on the grid after failing to make it through to the final part of qualifying.
But that was not all as Russell also had a run-in with Hamilton during Q2. As they approached a corner, Russell had the inside line and the DRS open as he swung to the outside of the track, forcing Hamilton onto the grass and knocking his fellow Brit's front wing endplate off.
Hamilton said over the radio that the move was "really dangerous", but Russell said he wasn't even aware that his team-mate was there. "I was starting my lap, trying to take the slipstream from Sainz and fortunate that nothing bad happened," he told the TV cameras.

I dont see how he will intentionally do it, gets nothing from it apart from a broken car.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Just looked to be a misunderstanding to me. Russell trying to avoid the Ferrari, didn't think Lewis would go down the outside.

McLaren have found some pace finally. Look at the timings, after Max it's just a free for all. Ferrari's, Mercs, McLaren's, Astons, Alpines all setting comparable times.

Abizzz

With all the constant talking they do with the drivers now you can sort of expect to be warned about a teammate you havn't seen. At the end of the day it's still the driver's responsibility, so maybe he shouldn't say anything to the media, but he can expect to get the information in that scenario.

Lightbringer

When was the last time we saw any driver overtake his teammate who was on a flying qualifying lap and also were in the elimination zone? Has it ever it ever happened in modern Formula 1 history?

dinostar77

If russell hadnt of cocked up his flying lap, he wouldnt be starting his next flying lap the same time as hamiton. Anyway they both have engineers and team radios, the team could have informed both of the situation, when they got to sector 3 before starting their flying laps.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons

Sounds like a bullshit to me, no real source?

I mean, if he really think Hamilton should apologise, then he is a cnut.

Leg-End

Russell has a knack of hitting things he didn’t see in his mirrors, starting to believe he just doesn’t look in them.

redshaw

Watching the replay from the end of the straight, Russell takes a very wide and abrupt line around the Ferrari for a slipstream move, like he knew Hamilton was coming and simply reacted to keep his position on the track and not be shuffled around by his team mate.

Obviously if there was better communication then he would yield but ultimately in Russell's mind it's still undermining him and feels Hamilton should be waiting his turn. Hence the wider than usual "no you don't pal" move.

Last edited:

dinostar77

Do we think RB can win every race this season? Its never been done before, but this car is so far ahead of the pack, barring mechanical failure i think its possible.

The closest any team has come to winning every race in a season was 1988, when McLaren won 15 of the 16 races, only failing to win the Italian Grand Prix when Jean-Louis Schlesser's lapped Williams collided with Ayrton Senna with two laps to go. Ferrari in 2002, and Mercedes in 2016, were the next-closest, winning all but two of the races in those seasons.

The Firestarter

Do we think RB can win every race this season? Its never been done before, but this car is so far ahead of the pack, barring mechanical failure i think its possible.

The closest any team has come to winning every race in a season was 1988, when McLaren won 15 of the 16 races, only failing to win the Italian Grand Prix when Jean-Louis Schlesser's lapped Williams collided with Ayrton Senna with two laps to go. Ferrari in 2002, and Mercedes in 2016, were the next-closest, winning all but two of the races in those seasons.
If Checo gets his act togethet and starts qualifying on the first row then probably. Otherwise I think the chance of Max having at least one crash or failure or engine penalty when for some reason he can't shoot through the pack, is high.

JuriM

Nah, basically we are now going to have a lot of oldschool racing tracks finally - not that much weird street or half-street circuits. They might win around 80%, but not everything.