F1 2023 Season

hp88

Ferrari 9th and 10th, how do they fall apart so badly on a Sunday?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Gutted for Piastri, a double podium for McLaren would have been a dream. Came down to that safety car.

goalscholes

I'll repeat it again, Ferrari are 2nd - 3rd best car on average in qualifying, but when it comes to race they are not better than 5th car. Possibly even 6th on some tracks. Slow as feck, and terrible on tyre management.
Their tyre deg constantly costs them. They needed to pit earlier today, then had to bring on hards, then couldn’t take advantage of the SC. If I were them I’d have been tempted by soft soft medium.

Abizzz

DRS is like making the goal size twice as big so we'd get more goals.

More fake overtakes doesn't make racing better
In my opinion it's even worse than that. Why risk something in a corner if you can just coast past on a straight. I hate DRS. Imagine Verstappen having to get past Lando today... he would have made it before the safety car but it would have been a show getting there. Ironically I think it's even unfair on Max (despite RB's DRS being in a different league) in some respect, he would be making unforgettable overtakes in that car I'm pretty sure if it wasn't there.

laughtersassassin

Good race in the end.

Hamilton got the luck with that Saftey car and similarly Piastri got really unlucky. He deserved that podium but that's racing. A lot of luck involved some weekends.

Telsim

First race I've watched in a while. The improvement of the papaya is impressive. Albon doing some black magic in that Williams shitbox. Deserves to drive for a better team. But what's most impressive is the regression of Ferrari. The state of that team is absolutely shocking.

Oh yeah, and Max wins.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If Red Bull didn't have DRS it would be a lot more interesting. Daft how easy it is for them with that.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
It was great how they baited with the virtual safety car and then released a real safety car after so many went in the pits. I think they tried to to lure Verstappen in but didn't succeed.

My god Ferrari are shit.
Verstappen knows a thing or two about cheating as well.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Overall a dull race for the most part, bar Norris holding Hamilton off. Shame Piastri couldn't get on the podium, unlucky with the safety car timing

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
In my opinion it's even worse than that. Why risk something in a corner if you can just coast past on a straight. I hate DRS. Imagine Verstappen having to get past Lando today... he would have made it before the safety car but it would have been a show getting there. Ironically I think it's even unfair on Max (despite RB's DRS being in a different league) in some respect, he would be making unforgettable overtakes in that car I'm pretty sure if it wasn't there.
I read a quote from Damon Hill recently saying that boring races were part of Formula '1. The crazy races meant so much more, or overtakes that took 20 laps to complete could be remembered forever.

Basically real racing. There is nothing wrong with a 0-0 draw, same as nothing wrong with a car successfully defending an overtake

NK86

Shame Ferrari are somehow regressing year on year. A team with so much history and yet such poor performances for more than a decade.

McLaren's pace was astounding on the hards near the end. Brilliant driving from Lando to keep Lewis at bay at the restart.

United Hobbit

Just hoping Lando managed to keep in track limits after his warning would be horrible to see the podium taken off him

hp88

Shame Ferrari are somehow regressing year on year. A team with so much history and yet such poor performances for more than a decade.

McLaren's pace was astounding on the hards near the end. Brilliant driving from Lando to keep Lewis at bay at the restart.
They're basically United post Fergie era.

whitbyviking

I have a slightly different take about Max. He’s the best driver on the grid right now, but I think his biggest weakness is he’s very hot headed and starts turning on the team/ breaking the rules when he has genuine competition.

Give him a teammate who can genuinely compete and see how he reacts. I think you’ll get a bitter situation, with drivers ignoring tactical calls and Max making more mistakes.

Which is exactly why it won’t happen.
I agree with this, I think over a season Alonso, Leclerc and Hamilton could all beat him due to his questionable temperament, I’m pretty sure Red Bull would want the 1-2 every week and the reason they don’t is because they can’t risk the potential impact on Max making him vulnerable.

NK86

They're basically United post Fergie era.
Yeah two team in Red absolutely fkng it up after a really successfully era. At least United have seemed to find a gaffer to turn things around. Don't think that's the case with Ferrari.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I really think people newer to this sport should look at it more like baseball.There were plenty of times in the 90s the F1 race was background tv while drinking beers and having snacks. Imho the major difference between then and now is that the cars are so reliable and much more planted that mechanical issues and cars going off happens far less frequently.

JuriM

Interesting times ahead, with Mclaren being a rocket on straights and we have SPA in 3 weeks and later Monza. They would be so happy if we could have Spa + Monza double header already next week, so other's won't have that time to plan their catch up :D And might even snake a win if their straight-line speed is there as amazing.

Abizzz

I really think people newer to this sport should look at it more like baseball.There were plenty of times in the 90s the F1 race was background tv while drinking beers and having snacks. Imho the major difference between then and now is that the cars are so reliable and much more planted that mechanical issues and cars going off happens far less frequently.
Well easier to make things reliable if you're not on the cutting edge anymore.

Balljy

Hamilton is in the running for 2nd in the drivers championship amazingly.