F1 2023 Season

Leg-End

Doesn’t come anymore dominant really, another year of that would be hugely depressing.

dinostar77

Genuinely a fact that the grid know to race Hamilton hard to beat him. Such a shame Lewis mellowed to the point he’s rounded off all his edges when the style of racing now kind of needs it, Hamilton 2007 to 2012 was aggressive, he’s just not that driver anymore and it’s frustrating on occasion.
I'd reserve judgement till hes back in a james allison designed car for the first time since 2021 season. Which will be next season.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I don’t like to compare drivers to the different generations but I can fully say he is a more complete and dominant driver than Schumacher and Senna. He almost never cracks under pressure.

This is unpopular opinion from me.

dinostar77

Surely if Perez had been more consistent RB would have got over 100 points?
Perez has been SO awful that RB have had only 1-2 finish all season. Thats mental for a car so much better than the rest of the field.

Plus he should be fired for being fecking awful this season. Logan Sergant would do a better job than him in the RB.

hp88

Williams finishing 7th is a mega achievement as well, Vowles has made some impact on that team.

Balljy

I don’t like to compare drivers to the different generations but I can fully say he is a more complete and dominant driver than Schumacher and Senna. He almost never cracks under pressure.

It's not exactly the best season to say he's more complete or doesn't crack under pressure considering he's basically just had to drive the car home in most races.

dinostar77

Regardless, Hamilton’s wheel to wheel racing ability has evidentially deteriorated.
If it were that simple.
Williams finishing 7th is a mega achievement as well, Vowles has made some impact on that team.
Yep, they should make progress next season as well now that Pat Fry has joined them. He does tend to improve teams he joins. Also Albion should be contender for driver of the season, with the resources Williams have and the car they put out.

Leg-End

I'd reserve judgement till hes back in a james allison designed car for the first time since 2021 season. Which will be next season.
I’m talking more about racing craft though, Hamilton is pretty toothless now by design, he’s risk averse. The times he does go aggressive he tends to hit things or get hit, I don’t doubt people race him harder for sure which doesn’t help.

Red Bull won’t be beaten until we get big changes, wouldn’t even care too much if they didn’t have Perez in the 2nd seat, two more seasons of Max stat padding to come, magic.

hp88

I don’t think they will challenge anyone for the title during this era of car, they have cocked it up so badly they will be forever on the back foot trying to close the gap, heads should have rolled for this really.

Ahmer Baig

First time Alonso has been in the top 4 of the championship in 10 years, wonder if that’s the longest gap?

Canagel

P4 in the 5th best car for Alonso.
Norris bottled this weekend. He should have finished 4th.

hobbers

Be fun seeing what happens if Alpha Tauri bring an RB19 clone to race next season.

Could potentially have 6 Q1 pace teams if AM sort themselves out over the summer. Dark times for Alpine.

BristolRuss

Cheers Checo for securing second in the championship for Mercedes. Hope RB give you a nice new 10 year contract

Congratulations Max and RB with easily the best F1 car in history.
RB has done such a brilliant job. Hopefully next season will be less dominant.
The best car of the current regulations, but not the best ever. That would probably be the 2020 or 2021 Mercedes if you look at lap records.

United Hobbit

You know it's been a completely duff season when the super bru was closer and more exciting than the actual racing

pauldyson1uk

Did not watch the race, son had it on in the car so listened to a lot of it m, will watch the highlights later.
I did have the podium correct untill the 5 second penalty , but 14 Superbru points, happy with that

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Ferrari totally fecked it up with Sainz's strategy, they had the pace as shown with Leclerc, there was absolutely no reason for that gamble.

And yeah, that was shite from Perez. He really can't overtake people properly, even with much quicker car.
It wasn't the strategy that fecked Sainz. He was way off the pace all weekend, 16th place and over a second behind Charles in Q1 and couldn't even keep up with Stroll during the race on the same tires.

pauldyson1uk

The season forgetting Max, has been good, plenty of racing and good moves and the constructors going down to the last race , just a pity the Driver championship could not offer the same.
Fair play to Max the most dominant team ever.
Can Mercedes, Ferrari , McLaren A Martin, get closer to the RB in 2024, let’s hope so.

dinostar77

So want to know what its like to drive a Rocket ship like max's RB? Well if you have 250-400k spare down the back of the sofa, you can take your Porsche GT3 RS to the nurburgring. Think you'll be more Sergio Perez than Max Verstappen when your there?

Well, why not get youtuber and professional driver Misha Charoudin to drive it for you with you as a passenger.

Btw bring a a sickbag as the G force the GT3 RS can generate on that track? 1.8G lateral (each side) and 1.9G braking.

Utterly utterly bonkers for a road legal car.

Will add F1 cars do up to 5G of load.

The sound is pure heaven, i think id have crap my pants being a passenger at those speeds.

United Hobbit

the super bru discussion on here was more exciting than the race and i dont even do the super bru league thing.
You should give it a go next season, it makes the races more interesting especially as a neutral as you care where the drivers you've picked finish (and adds interest when a race is won on lap 1)

Wonder what's changed on reliability, I remember cars used to just randomly have engine blowouts, now you get maybe one or 2 reliability issues a race

Fluctuation0161

The season forgetting Max, has been good, plenty of racing and good moves and the constructors going down to the last race , just a pity the Driver championship could not offer the same.
Fair play to Max the most dominant team ever.
Can Mercedes, Ferrari , McLaren A Martin, get closer to the RB in 2024, let’s hope so.
Agreed.

The regulations designed to impede Mercedes and benefit Red Bull have been very effective.

James_42

He can turn up to the track hungover not even try and still win comfortably.

Has zero pressure because he knows he has by far the best car on the grid, with a teammate that somehow makes a dominant car look above average.

He is great but we can't even tell if he is driving well, because the other driver we can judge him by is awful.

Until he is actually in a competitive title fight again nothing he does impresses me.

hobbers

Until he is actually in a competitive title fight again nothing he does impresses me.
Are you reducing Hamilton and Schumacher to unimpressive as well since that's the majority of their championship wins summed up.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Cheers Checo for securing second in the championship for Mercedes. Hope RB give you a nice new 10 year contract

The best car of the current regulations, but not the best ever. That would probably be the 2020 or 2021 Mercedes if you look at lap records.
Yeah I think it's the whole package for RB. Their strategy, pit stops, car and of course driver have all been sublime. Merc had the fastest car of this era by a long shot but they were also prone to errors much more than this RB team was. To minimize this season to "just the car" is doing a huge disservice to everything else they did well. They've had curve balls thrown at them in quite a few races this year and still managed to pull out on top.