View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a very positive debut. Confidence is a big thing and he definitely has the look of someone who believes he deserves to be where he is. Can't say I've ever felt that confidence when he's played for us. Long may it continue.
What he actually impressed me is that the lack of confidence seems never related to him. Every time he’s on the pitch, he just digs in, works hard, tries to do something, offensive or defensive.

Certainly caused some problems for the Barcelona team and anyone would be happy with a goal and assist to their name after playing those opponents.

However if he doesn't keep up the goals and assists in the next set of games he might make a good right midfielder / wingback in a 3-5-2 system just due to his determination and willingness to run down the right side. As we saw in the video his pressure can win the ball down the sides.

Its a bit of strange situation to be in but we have Garnacho starting on the right and then Antony for his woeful end product this season, he does track back and defend. Pellistri looks like another one who will fight for the ball. So even in the best case we'd only need to keep 1 of them to be an option if our rightback needs help and Garnacho isnt able to do it.

Pellestri’s height and weight is far closer to Rashford’s than he is to Giovinco.

He's the same size as Martinez and Nketiah/Jesus.

Not the biggest lad, but if he can strengthen up a bit more, he will handle PL fine no issues. He's got the skill.

What he actually impressed me is that the lack of confidence seems never related to him. Every time he’s on the pitch, he just digs in, works hard, tries to do something, offensive or defensive.
His final ball or when to release the ball has been pretty meh, which stinks to me of overthinking. He's certainly a willing runner and will run at people. Touch of Aaron Lennon about him.

His final ball or when to release the ball has been pretty meh, which stinks to me of overthinking. He's certainly a willing runner and will run at people. Touch of Aaron Lennon about him.

Lennon? If he had the acceleration of Lennon we wouldn't be talking about his lack of speed. Lennon had arguably the quickest acceleration I've seen in football. Pellistri is also 10cm taller than Lennon with a completely different center of gravity.

Lennon? If he had the acceleration of Lennon we wouldn't be talking about his lack of speed. Lennon had arguably the quickest acceleration I've seen in football. Pellistri is also 10cm taller than Lennon with a completely different center of gravity.
More in style, the directness and quick changes of direction and lack of end product. I think Pellestri has incredible acceleration, it's just his top speed is pretty low for a winger. I know Lennon is smaller, but I do that Pellestri moves similarly on the ball.

I think there's a very good player in there. He's quick but somehow his actions seem late and clumsy. He just needs to improve his economy of movement. This will come with game time and proper coaching.

He's obviously a talented player, but he's not ready for first team football in England and he needs matches to improve. Loaning him out is win-win for everyone as long as he gets to play.

He's not a top talent, I think he'll eventually make it to consolidate as a top league player but not a top team one.

Attendance for Barcelona looked terrible. Ground looked half empty.
Surprised by this. I was there and it seemed nearly full.

Pellistri looked very lively and troubled Barcelona a few times. He is pacey and direct however I didn't and don't feel like he has enough to his game to make it at a top club.

More in style, the directness and quick changes of direction and lack of end product. I think Pellestri has incredible acceleration, it's just his top speed is pretty low for a winger. I know Lennon is smaller, but I do that Pellestri moves similarly on the ball.

I can see what you mean. Lennon was quicker and figured out that he needed to focus on crossing because they're not going to do a ton of cutting in. If Pellistri is going to make it as a top player, he's going to have to do the same, which is tough to predict. Some players improve their crossing and shooting as they move into their mid-20s, some never really do.

Like Lennon, I think his style, strengths and weaknesses mean he'll be better suited to international football and have his best moments there, particularly since Uruguay always seem to have a very strong spine centrally, passable fullbacks and a bunch of MLS/Champo level players out wide.

And he still kicks it pretty much right at the goalkeeper
That's the notable bit, he isn't a great finisher and I don't expect tonnes of goals from him. That's a goal, an assist, and always stretching the rival defence throughout the game, which left hat-trick Darwin with oceans of space. Works for me.

His issue, I'd argue, is when better prepped defenders don't bother get stretched banking on the expectation that if he got the ball he can't finish it for toffee. So definitely has to work on that, not because he needs to score more but to be a perceived threat.

5-0 against Bolivia. He got the opener and an assist. Played well, but also managed an air shot facing an open goal :annoyed:

Hopefully, this will allow us to recoup from some decent money for him.
Selling Pellistri, AWB & Greenwood alone would show quite a lot of profit towards FFP/PSR.

I'm not sure Pellistri will fetch a lot mind, think we paid £8m for him, think we'll probably get the same back plus add ons.

So Omari Hutchinson is about to go for £18m. I don’t see how he can be valued more than Facundo.

However we know we will get peanuts and in this case it has nothing to do about wages. So whatever it is Ineos needs to sort out this lowballing when it comes to selling our players.

So Omari Hutchinson is about to go for £18m. I don’t see how he can be valued more than Facundo.

However we know we will get peanuts and in this case it has nothing to do about wages. So whatever it is Ineos needs to sort out this lowballing when it comes to selling our players.

End product. Hutchinson has shown it at 20, Pellistri has not at 22

Also demand. Theres a club who wants to pay around that much for him, we've only managed loans with Pellistri

I certainly would not sell Facu for less than 15M with a big sell on clause at this point. I think he is potentially worth a lot more but until this last half season loan and now the current Copa tournament he has not really shown the end product. Potentially another good loan and we could see some big offers next summer but that strategy is a gamble if we get the loan wrong and so on balance it is probably best to try and cash in now when he has some buzz around him and hopefully he has a few more positive moments before the tournament ends.

He's easily worth more than Pellistri. If Pellistri had a good spell on loan in Championship, scoring 10 goals, he'd be valued similarly. The very club where Hutchison performed this well is the same one now attempting to purchase him at that price.

Pellistri had 0 goals in 35 games for Alaves at that age, and 2 goals in 15 games at Granada last season. He has scored 5 goals in 114 games in his career, his value is not particularly high.

It's not some far fetched conspiracy or United management being incompetent this time, it's genuinely one player showing much more and being in demand. Diallo is probably a more suitable comparison for Hutchison and I'm certain we would be looking at £15m+ if we were to move him (we may find out soon).

Status
Not open for further replies.