Fergie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I never normally give a feck about things like this happening to celebrities or famous people.

But this is very different.

Hang on in there fella, get well soon.

Leanshig

As mythical as he is, this serves as a timely reminder that we are all human, and mortal. The greatest. I was lucky to have lived through his era.

Get well Sir Alex.

el3mel

For feck ? Let's pray for the God he becomes ok. I won't withstand anything bad happening for him.

RD76

Other than the usual minority on various comments sections of certain media, the response from fans and clubs has been unbelievable.

It's restored my faith in football and humanity.

Uniquim

Fergie has been someone I have looked up to all my life. I've never met the man, but he's been there every week, and midweek since I was 5 or 6 and fell in love with United, and this news is really hitting me hard.

It might be naive, but I didn't ever think anything would happen to Fergie because he always seemed like he was invulnerable.

Please recover well, Fergie. I need you to be okay.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I never normally give a feck about things like this happening to celebrities or famous people.

But this is very different.

Hang on in there fella, get well soon.
Yep, it's different because you care about the person as they made a big impact on your life. Fans etc of other celebs who have passed / been seriously ill will have felt the same.

wolvored

Best wishes to him and his family. We will never see his like again.

redom

Really hope he makes a strong recovery. I would love the man that did so much for the club to be around to see us get back to a similar level to that he was able to sustain for so long, an extraordinary person who I'm sure will have great care and support around him.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Horrible news, hopefully pulls through.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Get well soon Sir Alex.

Greatest ever British manager, too much of a fighter to go just yet.

Looked so healthy last week with Wenger.

Fingers crossed.

Patrick08

:( Devastated. He is the inspiration of my life. Brink of tears rolling down my eyes. Come on Sir Alex, hope to see you hail and hearty as soon as possible. Best wishes.

A fighter will fight this like a true champion.

99fan

Just to explain how serious his condition; Brain haemorrage is non specific term, it can mean 2 things:
1. Bleeding around the brain, which is the most likely senario . This condition may build up over few days with significant symptoms or suddenly. either way, the treatment is the same which to stop the bleeding and decrease the blood vloume around the brain that causing pressure effect ( Accomplished by surgery to drain the blood out or removing part of the skull ) , also putting patient in coma can help decrease the pressure by decreasing brain activity.

Usually the outcome is good and he can resume his normal activity after full recovery.

2. Haemorragic stroke: which means bleeding inside the brain . This condition has a worse prognosis and it depend on the area of the brain that was affected. It can affect speech center or movement center or to cause death. Usually the treatment doesnt include surgery although putting the patient in coma is standard.

Conclusion : from the little information we have , it seems a case of bleeding between brain and skull. And most likely he will fully recovery.

Lets pray for him and his family.

Last edited:

Anustart89

As a Doctor I do think that the fact that they operated on him is in itself a positive sign , if the bleed was huge they wouldn't have done anything
On the other hand, if it was minor it wouldn't have required neurosurgical intervention.

redspoony

Yes. Ironically, I've been in the ICU at Salford Royal to visit a friend who also had a brain haemorrhage. He'll get world class care.
Good (not about your friend having been ill, that sucks).

fecking hell. I'm 39, never met the man and I've been on the verge of tears for the last hour.

In Fever Pitch, Nick Hornby said how he felt George Graham was like his dad. I'm not sure that's how I would describe SAF, but he's always been there.

Friends, girlfriends (not wives, thankfully), jobs, fads, they all come and go. There are some constants and one of those is your team. And he was the head of the team for so many years, so he's played a massive part in my life. Everything crossed, at least twice, that the man pulls through.

RD76

For a long time, I honestly didn't think that I would ever see Manchester United as champions of England.

The great man made so many dreams come true.

Kearnkoff69

Just awful news. It's like someone reached inside of me and ripped my innards out. Sending my positive vibes out to him and his family.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not wanting to dare fate, I feel he will pull through, but if he did die he will have the biggest public funeral ever known in this country.

It'll eclipse princess Diana.

Jacko21

It will forever be remarkable to me that I have had the fortune of living 6 miles from Old Trafford, home to one of the most significant sporting institutions on the planet and to have grown up watching the work of the greatest manager the game has ever seen. I'm so ridiculously appreciative of that.

Fight, Sir Alex. Fight.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I immediately put one of my most prized Bordeaux into the decanter to drink in hopes of SAF’s speedy recovery.

Uniquim

Every club he has ever been in, as a manager or player, bar one, has already made a statement wishing him well. See previous post for others. I'm sure the last club will follow suit soon. I'm glad clubs do stuff like this. He's also the #1 (and #7) worldwide trending topic on twitter. It's like the whole world wants him to recover!

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Floored by the news, speedy recovery to the boss.

Good (not about your friend having been ill, that sucks).

fecking hell. I'm 39, never met the man and I've been on the verge of tears for the last hour.

In Fever Pitch, Nick Hornby said how he felt George Graham was like his dad. I'm not sure that's how I would describe SAF, but he's always been there.

Friends, girlfriends (not wives, thankfully), jobs, fads, they all come and go. There are some constants and one of those is your team. And he was the head of the team for so many years, so he's played a massive part in my life. Everything crossed, at least twice, that the man pulls through.
Absolutely. Well said.

Captain Obvious

Primary school, high school, college, uni. He has been there for as long as i can remember, no matter how far back i look, i can always recall a moment looking at the TV or out into the stadium and seeing Sir Alex. I know no one else but him when it comes to our club. Long after he retired you can still feel his presence among the fans, stadium and some players. I never get affected by people i don't know getting ill but this man feels like a family member.

I dread the day he's no longer there. My third post in here but still, get well soon boss!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Maybe more than he pulls through, I hope he does not wake up as the shadow of the man he was. I can’t imagine a man razor sharp and fiercely independent stripped of his faculties.

Feels like this is happening to a close relative :(

el3mel

Not wanting to dare fate, I feel he will pull through, but if he did die he will have the biggest public funeral ever known in this country.

It'll eclipse princess Diana.
Don't say it. He'll be Ok. He'll surely be Ok, right ? :(

Marcelinho87

The tweets from all of the other clubs/players are really classy and the majority of the replies are too, says a lot.

<3 SAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.