Fergie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister_Stubbs

It’s touching how many clubs/fans are sending their best wishes.. it’s as if to me that a family member is seriously ill as I’m sure it is for everyone else. It’s a difficult night that’s for sure!

RonW

Get well soon, boss. If anyone make fight anything, you can! Prayers for a speedy recovery!

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Frightening news but positive nonetheless. The greatest of managers, a great man too, and forever our boss.

Uniquim

Sam Allardyce statement in video

Tom Lawrence, former United youngster.

Beckham instagram embed doesn't seem to include the text, but he said: "Keep fighting Boss.. Sending prayers and love to Cathy and the whole family x @manchesterunited "

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Very worrying. You can tell by looking that he has a bad blood pressure problem, so something like this was always the fear. Fingers crossed for him.
What do you mean - how can you tell? Just because he used to get angry a lot?

Skills

Snitch
It’s touching how many clubs/fans are sending their best wishes.. it’s as if to me that a family member is seriously ill as I’m sure it is for everyone else. It’s a difficult night that’s for sure!
Yeah he goes far beyond football and sport. What a man

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's incredible that nearly every one of the player he managed still refer to him as boss. Speaks volumes.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Come on boss, it’s Fergie Time - nothing new!

...the club statement has given some peace of mind knowing the procedure went well but just fecking pull through boss and recover!

Looking at all the well fishes from footballing clubs/players/associations across the globe, you can see how far SAFs reach was and is. Please boss.

ElDiabloRojo

Such sad news. The man is a TRUE LEGEND and way too young to suffer this.

Wishing him a full speedy recovery.

OneFootball

Supports
Liverpool
Echo the thoughts of many, wish him a speedy recovery. Excelent manager and would be a loss to the game.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Hoping for a speedy, but more importantly full recovery.

alsabi

It's incredible that nearly every one of the player he managed still refer to him as boss. Speaks volumes.
Indeed. His management style, both with his players and with other club staff, created the impression more of a big family than of a sports team.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Honestly hope that our club twitter tweets out something reassuring soon. At least I can go to sleep in peace

RichMet

Supports
Liverpool
The thoughts of every right thinking football fan is with him and his family right now.

Prodigy24

I was shocked when I read the news earlier, and still am. Came out of nowhere and it feels like if it had happened to a family member. Hopefully everything has gone well and he'll make a full recovery as we all know what a figher the man is! Can't and don't want imagine anything else.

Getting really emotional reading all the posts from clubs and players. Feels surreal but shows what an absolute legend of a man he is.

Get well soon, Sir Alex.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Honestly hope that our club twitter tweets out something reassuring soon. At least I can go to sleep in peace
“Sir Alex Ferguson has undergone surgery today for a brain haemorrhage. The procedure has gone very well but he needs a period of intensive care to aid his recovery. His family request privacy in this matter.

Everyone at Manchester United sends our very best wishes.”

Over time the boss should recover. As of now, she procedure has been successfully done. Still frightening but that’s great news to hear from the statement.

Skills

Snitch
He's still the boss for us fans too. Honestly, one/if not the highlight of the season for me was seeing him out there before the Arsenal game - just felt right seeing him standing on the touchline.

Cloud7

I have to say it really is heartwarming to see all the well wishes from basically every football personality on social media. Fergie really was special to so many, even outside of our club.

I’m not one to normally care about famous people that I don’t know, but Fergie feels different. This was the man that brought me into football, for 20 years of my life he was all I knew. He feels more like a relative who I don’t see often but still love, rather than just a stranger on TV. Reading about some of the things he’s said about life, it really resonates with me.

More than anything, wishing him a good recovery and looking forward to the next time we see him in the stands. Hoping to see that smile in the stands for many years to come.

Get well soon, boss.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
He's still the boss for us fans too. Honestly, one/if not the highlight of the season for me was seeing him out there before the Arsenal game - just felt right seeing him standing on the touchline.
Yep without a doubt.

...he just makes everything about football that much more enjoyable. The man is an absolute legend and the godfather of football.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
“Sir Alex Ferguson has undergone surgery today for a brain haemorrhage. The procedure has gone very well but he needs a period of intensive care to aid his recovery. His family request privacy in this matter.

Everyone at Manchester United sends our very best wishes.”

Over time the boss should recover. As of now, she procedure has been successfully done. Still frightening but that’s great news to hear from the statement.
Yeah, but you want a statement without a 'but'. Its a good start but I want a tweet like "Relax guys, the gaffer is fine" for mental peace

Ashish Negi

Brain Haemorrhage is one of the awful disease, as it does not show any symptoms before the attack arrives and as it is related to Brain , doctor saysvit is very tough to treat also. High or low BP are major reason behind it. SAF looks like having high BP as reports saying about bleed.

1.4 years ago I lost my Dad with same disease and he was very active person but one day suddenly he got the attack. He struggled in hospital for 1 month and passed away due to multiple organ failure.

As my Dad had bleeding at the center of the Brain, surgery was not possible which decrease his surrival rate.

I hope as Sir Alex already went through surgery which is good news so hopefully he will fight against it and get back to normal. The real fight starts now as he has to fight against the Coma. Generally it takes couple of days before patients gains his or her senses.

Come on Gaffer , you can score one more time in Fergie time.. I can't afford to lose two father figure in 1 year time.

Reactions: KM
Status
Not open for further replies.