Fergie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedOpinion

First time I've ever felt genuinely emotional about a public figure not being well. The man is an absolute one off. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Keyser

Jesus, hadn't seen the news and just saw the vannba, get well soon gaffer

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Not wanting to dare fate, I feel he will pull through, but if he did die he will have the biggest public funeral ever known in this country.

It'll eclipse princess Diana.
Really really don't want to even think about that :(

I've never met Sir Alex, but i'm not in the slightest ready to deal with losing him. He's a legend and a massive inspiration to so many

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Best wishes to Fergie, hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Kapardin

Don't say it. He'll be Ok. He'll surely be Ok, right ? :(
Its' only a hemorrhage of the brain (I say "only" because he is obviously receiving the best medical care on the planet at the moment). The chances of him recovering are probably over 80%, its' just that the recovery will take a few months and perhaps he won't be as active as he used to be.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Feck My stomach nearly dropped learning this news

Pull through it boss, born fighter.

Uniquim

Just for context; The thing Van der Sar is referring to is what happened to his wife while VdS was still at United.

Last edited:

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
This is horrible news.

Praying you pull through and in turn becoming stronger. Stay strong boss!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really really don't want to even think about that :(

I've never met Sir Alex, but i'm not in the slightest ready to deal with losing him. He's a legend and a massive inspiration to so many
I know guys, it's such a horrible shock it's hard to deal with.

We will all feel like we've lost a grandfather, even though most of us were never lucky enough to know him.

Let's hope we get some positive news.

el3mel

Its' only a hemorrhage of the brain (I say "only" because he is obviously receiving the best medical care on the planet at the moment). The chances of him recovering are probably over 80%, its' just that the recovery will take a few months and perhaps he won't be as active as he used to be.
Let's hope so.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft

Just for context; The thing Van der Sar is referring to is what happened to Ajax talent Abdelhak Nouri.
Pretty sure VDS is referring to his wife, who suffered one back in 2010 IIRC.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I am struggling with this, but I cannot keep from refreshing the page. The totally deserved tweets from all walks of football life make it a tad easier, but only a tad.

The Regulators BB

Feel absolutely sick to my stomach. Without this man, my journey into football wouldn’t be what it was. From that first cup win in 1990, till the end of his career, I was privileged to watch a collection of great sides, all of which he forged.

I wasn’t a red because of him, but because of him, being one has been an experience beyond all expectations. I owe him so much. Just hope he pulls through.

Reactions: Penna

SirAF

Ageist

Just for context; The thing Van der Sar is referring to is what happened to Ajax talent Abdelhak Nouri.
Nah, he’s referring to his wife. She suffered a haemorrhage herself while VdS was at United.

Mcking

Get well soon Fergie. You will be alive to see us get back on top, winning European trophies and Championships.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Get well soon, boss. If anyone can get through this it's him, absolutely no doubt about that.

Strats

As stated by others, the fact that he underwent surgery at all is a positive sign. Devastating news, but the man is a fighter.

Wayne's World

I haven't spoken or been able to do anything since hearing this news. I feel absolutely stunned especially when thinking to myself last weekend that he looked 20 years younger since he left United and looked the best out of Mourinho and Wenger.

I literally don't know what else to say but I hope he pulls through, I can't imagine the club without him even If he's not our manager :(:(:(:(:(

RedMane

Supports
Liverpool
Hope old man is doing alright. Best wishes and prayers for SAF.

Ban

I've been an United fan for 22, 23 years. All those years he has practically been a part of my life, just like Manchester is like a 2nd city to me although I've been there only once.
I feel like I know him although I never met him.

I'm in cold sweat since I heard about the news.

Andersons Dietician

It’s weird to think that someone you might have met but didn’t know could have such an impact on your life. I feel sick to my stomach with this news. The man is a true legend and idol.

Heroes get remembered but legends never die.

Status
Not open for further replies.