Fergie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
"He's as tough as old boots and will come through"
Paddy Crerand, European Cup winner with Manchester United in 1968, said:

"Of all the people you would imagine something like that happening to Sir Alex would be the last one.

"I saw him at Old Trafford for the Arsenal game when he presented Arsene Wenger with a plaque for his achievements and he looked well and in good spirits.

"This has come out of the blue. But he's as tough as old boots and will come through this I am sure. My thoughts are with his wife Cathy and his family.

"If I know Alex he'll be already planning when he can get to his next United match at Old Trafford."

FujiVice

"He's as tough as old boots and will come through"
Paddy Crerand, European Cup winner with Manchester United in 1968, said:

"Of all the people you would imagine something like that happening to Sir Alex would be the last one.

"I saw him at Old Trafford for the Arsenal game when he presented Arsene Wenger with a plaque for his achievements and he looked well and in good spirits.

"This has come out of the blue. But he's as tough as old boots and will come through this I am sure. My thoughts are with his wife Cathy and his family.

"If I know Alex he'll be already planning when he can get to his next United match at Old Trafford."
Paddy's pure class.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
I fecking love you Sir Alex.

Hopefully you are the same legend after all of this - if not you will be the same legend in my eyes until the day you call it quits.

I’m broken

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
feck I only see this now. Hope he recovers well!

Theonas

Scout
Words cannot describe the impact Sir Alex had on many of us. It really is no exaggeration to say that he is family. If anyone can beat this, it's Sir Alex. Get well soon boss!

saivet

I didn't feel much when I first heard the news. In my mind, I was thinking he'll be fine, not fully accepting it.

There is still hope, but just reading through this thread and seeing the tweets and instagram post has got me really emotional.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Nooo...this is terrible news. Get well soon, Gaffer. :(

Bojan11

Don't know if I should post this one, but made me smile for a second, got headache since I heard .. Bloody tears..
Anyway, little cheer up: (if it is too much, will delete it)

I know you don’t mean to be disrespectful. But no time for shit jokes like that.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Hope he recovers, football wouldn't be the same without him.

weqasj

Get well soon Boss spent most of my life watching you manage the team I love your like family..

davidmichael

Genuinely feel sick at the thought of this, the impact and joy Sir Alex has brought to my life from a very young age is indescribable and I’m praying for a full return to health.

RedDevilzFox

I've lurked on this forum for a number of years, mostly along for the ride and all the high's and low's never actually posting anything. It was hard not to, today. I hope he he makes a full recovery and gets back in the game he's given so much of his life to.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
What do you mean - how can you tell? Just because he used to get angry a lot?
I'm afraid that very deep red skin he developed, especially round the nose, before and after he retired is usually a symptom of high blood pressure and a circulation issue. It's unfortunately very common in people as they reach old age. Alcohol, bad diet or stress might make it worse but really it can happen to anyone.

But now's not the time to talk about such things in relation to SAF. Just hope we see him back at Old Trafford soon.

MUFC OK

I love this man so much, I know we're all praying for him tonight. The greatest <3

fanutd

Feel sick reading this. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Cloud7

That video up there with Ronaldo talking about SAF telling him go as long as he needed to be with his father really sums up Fergie for me.

Not just an amazing manager, but a truly amazing person.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Hopefully SAF has been hospitalized as quickly as possible, since time is essential in these cases to narrow down the potential damage. Pull through this Fergie, like a boss!!!:mad:

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
That video up there with Ronaldo talking about SAF telling him go as long as he needed to be with his father really sums up Fergie for me.

Not just an amazing manager, but a truly amazing person.
Fergie is honestly a God.

Feel for Cristiano as well since he looked to Sir Alex as a literal father figure all his career. You just know this will be looming on his head for the next while.

...and although we all knew, it’s just amazing seeing the support now from all parts of the globe. SAF is bigger than football and loved by all. Unfathomable the reach he had on every single person.

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
As an Indian who didn't see a United game at Old Trafford till the Ferguson's last game at home, it's crazy how much I love this man. For the longest time, he has meant the football to me. I have never met the man, but I guess there are not a lot of people who'd make me feel like I am feeling right now. In a world where legend is an overused word, I'd say he is the greatest man football has ever seen in terms of the respect you can garner. A megagod! I really hope he pulls through because I am ready for this and I guess I can never be.

Reactions: Akshay

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Its wonderful to see all the warm messages coming in from all over wishing Fergie well. Is there any clubs that havent at this point?

Im sure all this collective wellbeing will boost Fergies recovery and he will realise just how loved he is.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
My prayers are with him.

He deserves a much longer retirement.

We need an rvn

Was just reading all the tweets from PL clubs, united and non united players, la Liga etc never really hit how much others respected him as much as we love him. Don't know any other manager right now that would invoke such a response.

World football has come together tonight, as we would do when another legend takes a turn for the worst but hopefully we'll all pull through together

The One and Only

It's 4am in India..and i've just found out about Sir Alex. I started supporting United when i was 8 years old in 1995. For me, United means Ferguson. I've grown up with him. He gave us so many amazing memories... I I remember when he retired, it felt like i had lost a loved one

Today i don't care about the league, Mourinho or Liverpool winning the CL.. All i care about is the boss making a full recovery. I can't describe the impact he has had in our lives. I have tears in my eyes as i type this. Sir Alex, a billion people are rooting for you. Wish you the very best

This is the t-shirt i wore on my night out today. Before i found about Sir Alex

https://ibb.co/fFst4S

Reactions: SteveJ

Rafaeldagold

Like someone else said before: girlfriends & jobs come and go but United is the one constant, and Fergie was the man overseeing everything and bringing us all the happiness we’ve had in football. Life’s about moments and Fergie gave us some amazing ones to smile at. Pull through boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.