Gaming FIFA 19

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Just watched the video. Looks about as advanced as PES2010.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I’ve watched a few videos and it looks the exact same, not touching career and pro clubs is a joke. The new game modes are a novelty that will wear thin after a few attempts. Instead of adding pointless mini games why not release a fifa street addition into the game.

Of course that will take a time and effort and EA clearly don’t have that.
Because only FUT brings in the outside money from packs. EA only care about bringing in cash from Fifa Points.

Jacob

Fifa can feck off. Nothing makes my blood boil more than this game. I wish I could destroy the disk but I installed via PS Store.

izec

It is what it is. I thought i wouldnt buy the game, then i see Veron and all the other tasty new shiny United and non United icons, and i will preorder the game again. I wont spend fifa coins though and PTW, i will just create a nice fun team around my favourite players and enjoy the game slowly instead of playing as many games as possible

Jacob

Have owned all Fifas since 2009. It stops now. Clubs and Seasons is all I play. Both game modes are too far off realistic football.

dove

It looks like FIFA 18.5 which looks like FIFA 17 which looks like FIFA 16 which looks like.... well, you get an idea. It's gonna be the first time in ~10 years with no football game for me. Both FIFA and PES are just terrible games. FIFA has flashy menus and licences but that's about it, gameplay is a joke with tons of scripting. Meanwhile PES has slightly better gameplay but it looks like 2000s game. How long will we have to wait for a proper football game?

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
It is what it is. I thought i wouldnt buy the game, then i see Veron and all the other tasty new shiny United and non United icons, and i will preorder the game again. I wont spend fifa coins though and PTW, i will just create a nice fun team around my favourite players and enjoy the game slowly instead of playing as many games as possible
Sure. You keep telling yourself that. :lol:

ravi2

It looks like FIFA 18.5 which looks like FIFA 17 which looks like FIFA 16 which looks like.... well, you get an idea. It's gonna be the first time in ~10 years with no football game for me. Both FIFA and PES are just terrible games. FIFA has flashy menus and licences but that's about it, gameplay is a joke with tons of scripting. Meanwhile PES has slightly better gameplay but it looks like 2000s game. How long will we have to wait for a proper football game?
Ive been playing FIFA since fifa 96 and the scripting in fifa 18 is out of control. Its ridiculously easy to score in the last 5 minutes of each half and opponents can walk a ball right in your net after a kick off. You can almost feel it in the game when you are leading and it downgrades your defense or the ball bounces crazily for the opponent to score. It tries the make the games close with 'catch up logic' .

Its like EA stopped even trying when they realized how much money people spend on FUT. Im not getting 19

Skills

Snitch
It's the patches that kill the game for me. I always love the demos and early releases even if I struggle getting to grips with it, it plays like actual football.
Why do you or anyone want it playing like actual football though? The average real football game is boring as feck for where nothing happens for 70 of the 90 minutes (being generous). A FIFA game is 5 minutes per half, and if it played like actual football it would be dreadful as you would have maybe 3 chances in the game.

This is actually why FIFA has gone down the shitter in recent years. They've tried way too hard to try and make it realistic, and in turn have made the games dead boring to play. The best FIFA games (10-13) were a plug and play all action bag of fun. Ever since then, they've sucked the fun out of the game bit by bit every year. FIFA 18 was a real low point.

Bojan11

Why do you or anyone want it playing like actual football though? The average real football game is boring as feck for where nothing happens for 70 of the 90 minutes (being generous). A FIFA game is 5 minutes per half, and if it played like actual football it would be dreadful as you would have maybe 3 chances in the game.

This is actually why FIFA has gone down the shitter in recent years. They've tried way too hard to try and make it realistic, and in turn have made the games dead boring to play. The best FIFA games (10-13) were a plug and play all action bag of fun. Ever since then, they've sucked the fun out of the game bit by bit every year. FIFA 18 was a real low point.
Fifa 18 isn’t realistic.

It’s one of the most arcadey games they made. Passing is ridiculous and so easy. Long range shooting is overpowered. None of these are realistic.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I used to play FIFA prior to PES, and then switched back to FIFA between 08 and 12/13 before going back to PES again till date.

Maybe people who play FIFA feel the same way, but when Iwatch these clips of FIFA while I do feel like trying it out for its visual spectacle, the gameplay just seems off to me. The floatiness, the way the ball moves, just lack of weightiness and physicality etc. Could be that I'm not used to but it looks off me despite so many considering this the best representation of the game.

Jacob

Fifa 18 isn’t realistic.

It’s one of the most arcadey games they made. Passing is ridiculous and so easy. Long range shooting is overpowered. None of these are realistic.
Shots outside the penalty area is like a penalty. You can defend like a God all game and be outdone by a once in a decade screamer.

SirAF

Ageist
Shots outside the penalty area is like a penalty. You can defend like a God all game and be outdone by a once in a decade screamer.
That pisses me off so much! I’m pretty decent at defending, so I’m always fuming when some wanker pulls off a lucky long shot - they are WAY too OP.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

This years is nowhere near realistic. Most games end 5-4 or some shit. I preferred it when it was 1-0 and you had to work to score, now it's far too easy.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Be nice to implement in seasons online to stop everyone picking madrid or city where in each season you can only pick a team once or a certain star level once or say up to three times it then forces players to try weaker teams and different set ups instead of spamming Madrid.

red4ever 79

Last one I bought was Fifa16. Avoided the last two after reading the reviews, however getting a bit sick of the outdated squads. Is the jump from 16 to 19 worth it? I only play offline career mode. Cheers for the feedback

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Apparently no Brazil, Croatia, Uruguay in FIFA19 either due to license problems, sucks.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It's weird yeah, especially since the Brazilian league is included in the game.

Apparently in FIFA18, there were numerous omissions such as Serbia, Croatia in the beginning, Senegal, Nigeria, Marocco, Peru, Costa Rica, ... Can't say I noticed that before I read it today, but no Brazil, Uruguay and Croatia would suck big time.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Not buying FIFA at full price for stupid unrealistic shit like that @ 02:56 :houllier:

So it's evolving into Shaolin Soccer and Captain Tsubasa. Can't imagine what Zlatan will do in this game.

They'll probably fix that in update 2 or 3 by damaging other crucial aspects of the gameplay.

Loublaze

ATLien
Last one I bought was Fifa16. Avoided the last two after reading the reviews, however getting a bit sick of the outdated squads. Is the jump from 16 to 19 worth it? I only play offline career mode. Cheers for the feedback
Yes its worth it, simples.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not buying FIFA at full price for stupid unrealistic shit like that @ 02:56 :houllier:

:lol: wow.

I've been watching a few of the videos posted in here recently and the skill moves are worrying me. Watched two guys playing a game the other day and one kept busting out skill moves all over the place and the opposition were just flying all over the place like kippers. It was like the defenders falling over was all part of the script at times for the skill move, almost like you had no control over how your player would react at times.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What the hell was that :lol:

I've just picked up PES today
I am lost for words. This isn't a bug, this can be done by highly "skilled" players.
So it's evolving into Shaolin Soccer and Captain Tsubasa. Can't imagine what Zlatan will do in this game.

They'll probably fix that in update 2 or 3 by damaging other crucial aspects of the gameplay.
They are money grabbing cnuts for real. No FIFA for me this year.

:lol: wow.

I've been watching a few of the videos posted in here recently and the skill moves are worrying me. Watched two guys playing a game the other day and one kept busting out skill moves all over the place and the opposition were just flying all over the place like kippers. It was like the defenders falling over was all part of the script at times for the skill move, almost like you had no control over how your player would react at times.
The whole "ankle breakers" is dodgy. The AI will pull it off at will

Eriku

I want to play the next chapter of Hunter’s story....... but yeah, not a day one purchase for me. I’ll wait till the game is dead and the prices plummet.

beedoubleyou

Such anger. At £50 it's still works out as the cheapest Friday night in with your friends over its 12 month lifetime. Never played it as a one player or online, don't care about Ultimate Teams eçt

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Jumped back into FIFA 18 the other night after a long, long break. The world cup mode seems to play slightly differently than the usual Ultimate team and it's like a breath of fresh air.

Of course you still get the ball pinging off your players for 5 minutes before the opponent inevitably scores, but in between that, when the game is actually flowing it feels much better.

It made me think that the game is just turned towards the higher rated players, world cup mode has loads of icons and increased player ratings, and the ball actually feels under control for most of the time.

It's as though the sliders need adjusting so that the right amount of mistakes are made by the lower rated players when doing simple things.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So is this just in Ultimate team? Or will they be available in the Classic XI?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also how good would a scenario mode be. Imagine coming in at 87 minutes as Utd in the 99 final with everything how it was at the time and trying to turn it around.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Keane in as well. If nothing else at least I'll be excited to use Giggs, Scholes and keane, even if the game isnt great!