Gaming FIFA15

Eriksen

Me neither, but most of the good ones like Gullit are basically unaffordable (unless you want to spend $500+ for one card) so I don't really mind missing out on them to be honest.
I could've had a full Legends team this year. I play FIFA competitively buddy and do pink slips/wagers and won quite a few expensive cards so would've been able to try him out. You're right though - for the majority its meaningless and a lot of the legends are way overpriced for their stats.

Kostur

海尔的老板

Hell yeah. New AI, new emotions from the keepers, new defending motions, better positionining...

... and in the end you'll still have keepers going full retard, not being able to control them and lose silly goals.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I could've had a full Legends team this year. I play FIFA competitively buddy and do pink slips/wagers and won quite a few expensive cards so would've been able to try him out. You're right though - for the majority its meaningless and a lot of the legends are way overpriced for their stats.
You not do clubs ? If you are on PS4 then get involved.

Eriksen

You not do clubs ? If you are on PS4 then get involved.
I am indeed but doesn't Pro Clubs require a fair bit of playing to get a decent pro? It's pretty much the only game mode I've never done so my player would be a terrible level.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Hell yeah. New AI, new emotions from the keepers, new defending motions, better positionining...

... and in the end you'll still have keepers going full retard, not being able to control them and lose silly goals.
I thought it looked fantastic.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I am indeed but doesn't Pro Clubs require a fair bit of playing to get a decent pro? It's pretty much the only game mode I've never done so my player would be a terrible level.
They start out reasonably high now, they used to be dogshit at first but they are serviceable enough. Get involved from the start of 15 and they it will be good enough quite quickly, I have hardly played at all this year and my guy is rated anything between 83-86 depending on what position I am playing.

Eriksen

They start out reasonably high now, they used to be dogshit at first but they are serviceable enough. Get involved from the start of 15 and they it will be good enough quite quickly, I have hardly played at all this year and my guy is rated anything between 83-86 depending on what position I am playing.
Sounds good, I'll definitely get involved when FIFA 15's here! Will give me a break from UT which gets annoying at times. :)

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I do like me some UT.

Building BPL wasters gold sides is a favourite, especially then going on to crush Bayern/German TOTS squads with the likes of Sessengon, N'Zogbia and Diaby.

Eriksen

I do like me some UT.

Building BPL wasters gold sides is a favourite, especially then going on to crush Bayern/German TOTS squads with the likes of Sessengon, N'Zogbia and Diaby.
I've had some of the best players in the game (TOTS Ibra, Ronaldo etc...) and for the "big" games (as big as FIFA matches can get) always revert to standard BPL cheap sides. I always try to use Balotelli though, he's probably the most effective striker on the game for me. Expensive sides never particularly play well, I've always thought there's the psychological factor of people having these super powered players thus playing too casual and having too high expectations.

It's good fun but its a very strange game mode at times. Player prices are ridiculous now as well.

Sarni

Of course it did. I just think that it's inevitable that those keeper blunders will still happen, thus the sarcasm.
Like they will in real football. I actually think goalkeepers are too good in 14.

Sarni

Once you've faced Petr Cech for the 1000th time, you lose the will to live.
1 on 1 are unbearable sometimes. I had the game yesterday where I literally had 10 or 11 perfect one-on-ones and only took one losing 4-1. The other guy had such a leaky defence but I couldn't score, Neuer would save everything.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If we really learned something from EA's products over the years then it's definitely the trailers always look fantastic while the actual gameplay is probably a bit different story. I won't have big expectations in that area.

However would love to see some upgrades in the Manager mode. Full Champions League license, bigger database of players with their actual look and stats, way more complicated means of negotiating and bidding wars, stuff like that... Stadium upgrades, academy improvements, press conferences. Manager mode should be a way to go.

They should focus on practical improvements. If someone tells you that their new game will be better because 'the next gen' it's more likely that they're full of.

Eriksen

1 on 1 are unbearable sometimes. I had the game yesterday where I literally had 10 or 11 perfect one-on-ones and only took one losing 4-1. The other guy had such a leaky defence but I couldn't score, Neuer would save everything.
Neuer and Cech are the best goalkeepers on the game. Followed by Handanovic and Adler. All four are ridiculous at times.

Sarni

Neuer and Cech are the best goalkeepers on the game. Followed by Handanovic and Adler. All four are ridiculous at times.
I got Adler in FUT yet I play with Akinfeev on scarce occasions when I play with European selection. Should I pick Adler more often?

Eriksen

I got Adler in FUT yet I play with Akinfeev on scarce occasions when I play with European selection. Should I pick Adler more often?
Is that the World Cup game mode? If so I think he got a downgrade by 2 for that so not sure. Akinfeev's usually pretty good.

Adler's seriously overpowered in standard FUT though.

Bojan11

If they fix lofted through balls, crosses, headers and the random first touches then they have the basis of a decent game.

There's not a thread on PES, but it looks pretty decent from the gamescom videos.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Will have to play it to judge it properly but the running style of the players looks strange and off.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
So basically:

Improvements to Fifa this year - goalkeepers save the ball in slightly different ways
Improvements to PES this year - beard added to Michael Carrick's face

ravi2

They should just get rid of offline gaming all together and focus on the online experience.
Never understood the joy of playing against AI, there's no one to witness it.
Playing together at home is a given though.
I guess you have a point, all is relative... but then again, even during early days I always used to play together with somebody else. There's no one to brag to without proof. Gaming is competing for me, competition against a machine doesn't cut it for me.
What works for you clearly does not work for most.
To each his own.

I like the offline modes and most, if not all the folks I talk to concur.

Sarni

Really hope between EA and Konami, they can at least make one good football game this year. Won't hold my breath though.
FIFA15 looks very good from the gameplay videos I have seen, gameplay feels more natural to me. Hopefully it's going to be that way in the final version. Also, I like visuals, I was watching Liverpool v Chelsea and it totally looked like an actual game.

walsh

FIFA15 looks very good from the gameplay videos I have seen, gameplay feels more natural to me. Hopefully it's going to be that way in the final version. Also, I like visuals, I was watching Liverpool v Chelsea and it totally looked like an actual game.
I'm sure the visuals will be good. It's the reused animations and dodgy AI I'm worried about.

Sarni

I'm sure the visuals will be good. It's the reused animations and dodgy AI I'm worried about.
Animations certainly looked slightly more natural to me. It was already an improved engine in FIFA14 on PS4, hopefully they can build on that and make a few little tweaks here and there to make it better.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I only just found that all 20 premier league stadiums are going to be in the game this year. It is about time EA.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They've removed pro clubs for people on PS3 and 360. Next gen still has it.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
It's official and I agree it barely looks like Hazard.

It's a bit of a piss take they've removed clubs even though it doesn't affect me. It's obviously a ploy to get people to buy the new console.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
I never play it anyways, so that doesn't matter to me. I don't like FIFA 14 on next gen and I have continued to play it on my ol' 360. Its too slow and the players look unnatural.