5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Promising performance today. His best game with us and hopefully he builds on it. Shouldn't have been subbed.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Really good performance today I thought, much better than his other showings. Carried the ball well, offered a lot of energy and he had a few nice one-twos as well. Very well taken goal, not an easy finish at all that.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Get him off the pitch before he win us a game !

Best player on the pitch but of course our management will do everything to stop us from playing good.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great performance. Mistake by our tactical bench taking him off and unfortunately it costed us 2 subs because they tried to rectify his substitution by putting perreira back on for Fred.

Devil may care

Took his goal well and was generally better all round than the other night, but I still see him as Herrera's eventual squad CM replacement, I honestly think Pereira has a much higher ceiling as the second #8 in that midfield 3.

ErranMorad

First game this season where he was good (and I mean besides the goal and the free kick) and gets hooked around the 60 minute mark for Juan fecking Mata. Absolute fecking shambles. Terrible decision to sub him.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Great performance. Mistake by our tactical bench taking him off and unfortunately it costed us 2 subs because they tried to rectify his substitution by putting perreira back on for Fred.
Yup, he wasn't on a yellow, it's not like he was overly exploited recently, no point to take him off or change his position.

Played very well as well.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Welcome to Manchester, Fred! Good performance from him

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Anyone who is confused as to his substitution needs to watch the passage of play leading to the Wolves goal. He made zero effort to get back after being the player who originally lost the ball and set them away. Mourinho cannot allow that.

kundalini

Played well. Good shot for his goal and a lovely free-kick that forced a decent save.

Walters_19_MuFc

Thought he had a really good first half, and was reward with a well taken goal.

Died out a bit in the second, and because Mourinho wanted more attacking power, he sacrificed a midfielder.

It would never be Pogba, as he can always create something out of nothing.

Fellaini stayed on because we were going more direct and he's much more suited to that style than Fred.

the_irish123

Anyone who is confused as to his substitution needs to watch the passage of play leading to the Wolves goal. He made zero effort to get back after being the player who originally lost the ball and set them away. Mourinho cannot allow that.
What? Pogba had control of the ball and lost it. How is he faulty for a play that happened after we regained posession.

This is just like when Neymar lost the ball, a million things happened (including PSG regaining posession and Mbappe losing the ball) and Liverpool scoring the 3rd goal and people blamed him.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
What? Pogba had control of the ball and lost it. How is he faulty for a play that happened after we regained posession.

This is just like when Neymar lost the ball, a million things happened (including PSG regaining posession and Mbappe losing the ball) and Liverpool scoring the 3rd goal and people blamed him.
Before that Fred lost the ball and Wolves countered. Fred stayed seated for many seconds and only ambled back with barely a jog eventually. Fred still hadn’t got back into his position even at the time Pogba lost the ball. It was no wonder Wolves engineered a shot with both Fred and Pogba out of the way.

KennyBurner

After he came off we lost complete control of the midfield. I'm sure mourinho realized this which was why he switched to the long ball tactics.

It was also just last game that some of you were writing him off. Just give him time, i assure you he will come good and play a huge part in how we start playing attractive football. Only thing left now is for him to get a run of games with pogba and matic as a midfield trio. Fellaini is also very good but I prefer matic because of his composure on the ball.

Another thing to also notice is he has started to release his balls quicker knowing he isn't playing in a farmers league. Very soon we will see him cut open the opposition on a regular basis.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Still don't think he's a long term solution unless Pogba leaves or Fred sharpens up his game. Both Pogba and Fred lose the ball far too frequently and that doesn't bode well for a partnership.

Ekeke

Was glad to see more from him. Great finish for the goal and unlucky with the freekick. Also much more effective ball winning.

I've been very critical of him when hes played poorly, but the first half was the first time where it looked like our midfield might work with him and Pogba. He won the ball the most of our players and thats the first time he's seemed like he might overall be an upgrade on Ander.

But he was the closest midfielder to Moutinho... It was a DM's position to defend, but our DM seems to become something of a CB right now so does that mean the responsibility was on Fred to close down on the edge of the box? Its a mystery because if we play with this daisy chain of positions then responsibilities get changed and blame gets passed on to the next guy and the next guy. Realistically its the system that led to the goal. Could be argued that Lindelof, Fellaini and Fred all should have done better and if 1 of them had it might have stopped the attack. But none of them did and that just leaves it a big question mark.

Red_Ramirez

The more i watch these headless chickens Fellaini, Pogba, Matic and Fred in our midfield the more i miss Carrick

At least this Fred guy doesnt hide I suppose. And tries to play an early pass unlike the other ball hoggers we have

It's still early days for him. Played ok against Wolves yesterday. Happy for him to get his goal

Web of Bissaka

1st half - Fred Show.
2nd half - no show.

He's a much goal and attacking threat than Herrera. That's just about it so far the edge he has over Ander. Would like to see more. Good effort for a new guy.

deafepl

Fred and Pogba have better understanding rather than Herrera/Pogba, they were involved in 3 goals in last two games, Fred to Pogba, Fred to Pogba to Martial and Pogba to Fred.

Aloysius's Back 3

Fred, Pogba & Matic are made for a team that counterattack - hence why Jose talked about practicing quick passing; the type of passing that is needed when we want to move forward quickly.

It's not a midfield that is utilised to hold on to possession & control of the match's tempo like we should have the ability to do once in a whilst at least.

Wolves consistently had a go at us & we allow it.

edgar allan

When I hear a player needs x other player to play well it always means that player just isn't good enough.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
When I hear a player needs x other player to play well it always means that player just isn't good enough.
The statement is a bit weak, but you can't deny there are certain combinations of players that work much better than others. Ronaldo was much worse at Madrid whenever he didn't have Benzema next to him, but Morata or some other CF.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Every player in the world has shown their top form while in a specific set up, including Ronaldo and Messi. There's no reason why our players shouldn't be 'built around' in the same way.

Devil may care

Thought he should have started if Pereira wasn't going to as Herrera and Matic as a partnership was a terrible idea, Fred with one of them would have made more sense.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Dire 30 mins as substitute.
He plays like an individual who plays for a team dominant in their league and have only got to turn up a couple of times a season against the big rival. He looks like he needs some serious work on playing at a high intensity throughout a match every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.