5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley R1+O

Why isn't he even starting ? Does Mourinho even trust him at all or was it a random signing ?
He's been here three seconds and needs to settle a little bit and not be dropped in away from home against a side who were clearly up for it and monstered us.

Thought he showed a bit of fight when he came on though, game was gone but he obviously has something to play for being new at the club.

Tibs

Our manager thought starting McTomminay and leaving Fred, and Herrera on the bench, was a good call. It's also why he should be fired

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
I like Fred, he will be good, he runs around a lot and I think he can do a good defensive job, when he settles, now he tries a bit too much but I htink he can be a less defensively efficient but technically better version of Kante, think his stamina and grit is there and I like that..

Litch

Pay 50m for him and then don't play him AFTER he scores and has his best game for the team. I'm done with Jose....

el3mel

He's been here three seconds and needs to settle a little bit and not be dropped in away from home against a side who were clearly up for it and monstered us.

Thought he showed a bit of fight when he came on though, game was gone but he obviously has something to play for being new at the club.
The point is I have been having doubts Mourinho didn't even want him from the start. He was dropped for Fellaini once things became tough, and was subbed midway in second half vs Wolves even though it was his best game. His role masively regressed since Spurs game and I don't find a good reaaon.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I'm quite excited to see what the next manager gets out of him in particular. There's a certain energy and drive he brings that none of our other midfielders deliver. He's a bit sloppy, but that can be worked on.

NinjaFletch

The point is I have been having doubts Mourinho didn't even want him from the start. He was dropped for Fellaini once things became tough, and was subbed midway in second half vs Wolves even though it was his best game. His role masively regressed since Spurs game and I don't find a good reaaon.
That wouldnt amaze me. He doesn't play like a Mourinho midfielder (for better or for worse depending on your view) and we know (or strongly suspect) Mourinho had other footballing decisions taken out of his hands this summer.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Another expensive signing looking like a dud with this manager.
Drop your £50m signing after he plays well and scores.
Excited about seeing him under a different manager.

Ekeke

My guess is Mourinho wants to do his shtick where he says the player hasnt adapted to the league yet so he isnt playing him, then eventually he plays him and he does well so Mourinho takes all the credit even though he might have come good playing earlier, same as with Miki

Ashley R1+O

That is definitely a fair theory. I've mentioned before that the price we paid for him on first view looks like it doesn't make much sense. He doesn't look like a ~50m prospect. I think Peirera got dropped for Fellaini though, it was more when the bodies crunch became obvious. That Matic/Fellaini/Pogba/Herrera crunch that forced Peirera way out of the rotation and that group of people is a nice little foil for Fred to make appearances. Patience on that front is probably needing to be applied and that is more what I see Mourinho doing. I'm fine with not throwing him in the deep end against West Ham. Not many of our actual first team leaders looked up for it.

cantaldo

And pro-mourinho fans still believe that mourinho just needs more money and more transfer windows? for all of mourinho's moaning over the summer, he's not doing himeslf any favours with yet another big money buy struggling under him and probably makes woodward feel justified in his actions this summer of not releasing more funds.

Devil may care

I wonder if he was a club buy rather than a Mourinho buy, as you can't tell me he'd have offered us less than Matic.

deafepl

I wonder if he was a club buy rather than a Mourinho buy, as you can't tell me he'd have offered us less than Matic.
We are crying out for more creativity and decent forward passes. Matic and Fellaini are so slow in buildup, taking too many touches on balls longer and sideways pass. Fred and Periera should start.

Prodigy24

I honestly still can't understand why he didn't start, or at least come on in the second half. Our midfield with Matic and Fellaini was static, slow and absolutely terrible for a side that is supposed to attack and try to win the game.

Fred can atleast run, press opponents, make forward runs and passes, even if they don't always find the right guy. Matic took ages to move the ball and I'm not sure what Fellaini's role was. Really struggling to understand how Jose thinks.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
When all of the big clubs other than City brought in expensive new midfielders I actually figured Fred would have the easiest time settling in quickly out of all of them for you guys. His playing style and physical tools seemed perfect for the PL.

Jorginho has been the only one to instantly settle and is already one of our most important and irreplaceable players. Keita, Fabinho, Torrerira, and Fred are all in and out of their teams.

Sylar

Seemed like we got him cos he was linked to City. I can see that being Eds motivation to get him lol.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I'm gonna be honest: In Shakthar he was a fantastic engine. I've watched some matches last season and he was a key player in their team, and they are missing him a lot on the midfield this season.

Not going to judge him because this has been an horrible season for every player, except Shaw who re-emerged from the ashes.

Smores

When all of the big clubs other than City brought in expensive new midfielders I actually figured Fred would have the easiest time settling in quickly out of all of them for you guys. His playing style and physical tools seemed perfect for the PL.

Jorginho has been the only one to instantly settle and is already one of our most important and irreplaceable players. Keita, Fabinho, Torrerira, and Fred are all in and out of their teams.
More and more it's taking oppo fans to point out the obvious point.

State of you drama lhamas in here, he's not a waste or dropped we're just integrating him like all the other teams are doing with their signings.

the_irish123

I'm gonna be honest: In Shakthar he was a fantastic engine. I've watched some matches last season and he was a key player in their team, and they are missing him a lot on the midfield this season.

Not going to judge him because this has been an horrible season for every player, except Shaw who re-emerged from the ashes.
Fred will have a surprising 2nd season.

He’s an ‘engine player’, so he had no pre season, and played thru an injury in the WC. Physically he needs to be 100%, and I think he isn’t. Also, unfortunately he’ll play the Copa America, I wish he took next summer to get stronger.

-Supreme-

He should really be selected ahead of Fellaini unless for some specific games (i.e. vs Watford) where Fellaini was important to combat their attack.

It's an overkill having 3 tall and not agile midfielders over the past few games, the opposition's cut through our midfield effortlessly on numerous occasions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Fred will have a surprising 2nd season.

He’s an ‘engine player’, so he had no pre season, and played thru an injury in the WC. Physically he needs to be 100%, and I think he isn’t. Also, unfortunately he’ll play the Copa America, I wish he took next summer to get stronger.
:confused:

Can't remember him coming on in any of their matches.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not a great time to judge him, a couple of months into a new league, after a few games, in a team playing to about 50% of their level.

But...i'm a little worried.

BlueHaze

Feels fantastic that we spend 50m on this guy and he ends up warming the bench for Fellaini. Him and Bailly is 80m£ worth of bench warmers. I think he should start every game.

el3mel

He's not bad, still yet to fully show his full capabilities. Imo, Herrera's replacement (he's missing more games now with injury). Fred is younger, more better in attacking and strike a better partnership with Pogba.
I'm not sure we needed a Herrera upgrade. Thought we needed someone with good attacking quality to support Pogba.

Mickson

He's not bad, still yet to fully show his full capabilities. Imo, Herrera's replacement (he's missing more games now with injury). Fred is younger, more better in attacking and strike a better partnership with Pogba.
Alright. Still seems a little pointless to me, especially for £50M.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Mourinho has been mentioning that he wants Brazillian in his team, he got one and he's a midfielder as well which what also Mourinho wanted. I think Fred is Jose's signing and I can't think any reason from Ed's decision that will benefit us financially by signing Fred. The question is now whether Jose did his homework signing players like Lindelof, Fred, Bailly and etc.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why even sign him if he's behind Fellaini & McTominay in the pecking order? I assume Herrera is ahead of him too, so he's what, our 6th choice midfielder? All that money could have gone on a right winger.

Also, why has he not had a look in since Wolves? Which was his best performance for us. Baffling.

Maxin

I come to your team n I feck things up, I'm Moyes
Why even sign him if he's behind Fellaini & McTominay in the pecking order? I assume Herrera is ahead of him too, so he's what, our 5th choice midfielder? All that money could have gone on a right winger.

Also, why has he not had a look in since Wolves? Which was his best performance for us. Baffling.
Because Mourinho is a turd

Status
Not open for further replies.