5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jem

The last time I saw this guy play he scored a great and looked pretty lively. I've hardly seen him since. What's the deal?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's looked a decent option whenever I've seen him for you (which is not much to be honest).

Is he having issues settling in England?
Probably just Mourinho not wanting to throw him in without getting used to the pace of the game in England. Similar to what Klopp is doing with Fabinho I'd guess.

the_irish123

I don't want to write him off but he looked apalling for Brazil too.

Still, if everything goes wrong, you still can sell him for 25M+ to an Everton, so I'm ok with these types of signings.

Crashoutcassius

Just needs a little time, some players need that. Hopefully he will come good, I like him his energy and technique.

I don't want to write him off but he looked apalling for Brazil too.

Still, if everything goes wrong, you still can sell him for 25M+ to an Everton, so I'm ok with these types of signings.
Haha exactly, limited risk

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He's looked a decent option whenever I've seen him for you (which is not much to be honest).

Is he having issues settling in England?
Just Jose Mourinho being extra cautious. Fred was man of the match in his last game and then was on the bench thereafter. It's probably him going back to the players he's coached for longer since we are mid table.

I want to see him alongside someone like Herrera. Matic is far too slow and laboured playing next to him.

Zoo

He was really good. Not sure what Jose has been doing with him but he needs to be a regular in the team.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I thought he was good. The only negative is that he's quite weak in the challenge but, aside from that, I was impressed.

acnumber9

Grew into the game and got better after a poor start. One of his better games for us I’d say.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Just play him, he presses, tidy in possession, makes himself available and is a very good all round midfielder. Would like to see him and Ander with Pogba in midfield.

Pace Abuser

Likes to play football unfortunately. Jose won't tolerate him for long, especially so when Fellaini is back.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Used the ball well and bags of energy.

peridigm

Not sure if his play or the fact that Lukaku was not playing was the reason Pogba was playing more advanced today. Either way, glad Fred got a start and hope to see him next match.

ErranMorad

Looked the best since the pre-season. Run his socks off and his passes were better, and had better weight on them, than seen previously. I liked him in the pre-season & I loved his performance today.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Can be a little sloppy sometimes, but his approach makes the whole team look better.

Promising.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looked really good today! He was pretty creative at times.
He's obviously ready to play every week now, no need to banish him again.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Looked really good today! He was pretty creative at times.
He's obviously ready to play every week now, no need to banish him again.
Considering he got cramp before the 90 minute mark that's probably not true.

I surmise that the only thing stopping him is his fitness levels. You have to bear in mind that the Ukranian league only has 12 teams so he's never racked up a huge amount of games. I think he'll cement himself come the end of the season once he's accustomed to the league.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had good game. He is full of energy and we need it very much in our team. He is still adjusting to the pace of the game but his work rate was very good. He moved the ball well and got into good goal scoring positions.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s our ji sing park. Can pop up anywhere on the field and at times literally looks like he’s got clones on the field. Insane energy

CA1

He's a good player.

Mourinho needs to play him more in my opinion.

He's definitley not a "defensive midfielder" as some have described him. He's box-to-box, energy, popping up in all areas.

I'm not sure Fred-Pogba pivot would work though so we have to go 3 in midfield for Fred and Pogba both to play.

Based Adnan

For better or worse he's a risk taker when he picks up the ball deep. Very good at moving it forward and is very tenacious which we've lacked in midfield. Should be given a run of games.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The moment you give him a chance, he repays almost immediately.

Write it in your notebook, Jose. Might even save you a job by some miracle.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Strange player. Still not sure where he's supposed to be playing or what type of midfielder he's meant to me. Very unorthodox the way he appears in random places. Not sure Mourinho will depend on him very much but perhaps he'd flourish in a more high tempo, pressing side. Did some good things today though.

Devil may care

Played his way into the game, he's positionally and technically rash and erratic but I think he can become a good squad option for us over time.

-Supreme-

Fred is basically an upgraded version of Herrera with better technical and attacking attributes which helps the team massively if we play 3 in the middle.

I'd like to see Ander plays in the Matic role, Sanchez up top with Martial and Mata/Rashford on the wings.

This should improve the team dynamics and agility that we clearly lacked

Reactions: KM
Status
Not open for further replies.