5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBurner

I want to see a midfield of Pogba Herrera Fred. Matic's lack of mobility and atrocious passing really puts us under the cosh and limits the effectiveness of his midfield partners.
Don’t agree with the matic part. His passing isn’t so bad as you guys make it seem. His mobility on the ball is also better than that of Herrera who always lays it off immediately instead of looking for a pass forward. Matic is also our most COMPOSED midfielder. A lot of emphasis on composure which is why he will never be dropped by mourinho. I’m a big Herrera fan but until he learns to move with the ball under pressure and not pass it back so often he will not get a look in.

So much matic slander without posters realizing what he offers versus the sudden drawbacks in his game. I think he has gotten slower when tracking back but I’m hoping this will get better.

Hawks2008

Decent showing. Tidy player and with good energy, hopefully he can build on this in the games to come.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Matic? Nope, it's Herrera who can compliment him so well as DM, technically sound, good on balls under pressure and more mobile & energy in midfield and quick passes.
Agree. I have Fred and Herrera as my two box to box midfielders, alongside Pereira, who I think is a gem of a player, both Fred and Herrera have decent passing abilities, whilst Pereira has very creative abilities, and terrific dead ball skills. With either Pogba or Mata slightly more advanced, and a front two of Rashford and Martial, we would frighten a few teams I think.
Dalot as RB, Shaw as LB, and you have quick, counter attacking abilities.

OldTrevil

Don’t agree with the matic part. His passing isn’t so bad as you guys make it seem. His mobility on the ball is also better than that of Herrera who always lays it off immediately instead of looking for a pass forward. Matic is also our most COMPOSED midfielder. A lot of emphasis on composure which is why he will never be dropped by mourinho. I’m a big Herrera fan but until he learns to move with the ball under pressure and not pass it back so often he will not get a look in.

So much matic slander without posters realizing what he offers versus the sudden drawbacks in his game. I think he has gotten slower when tracking back but I’m hoping this will get better.
:lol:

Rajma

His kind of composure is meaningless because all it does is slows down our play and allows opposition to regroup. Don’t mistaken needless amount of touches for composure as this basically says he is not aware of the surroundings and needs several touches to evaluate the situation he’s in (he knows he can shield the ball alright to give himself time for this) but this is no use for us at all.

arthurka

He had to work for two in our midfield yesterday. Matic is not good enough to play in our midfield. Fred, Herrera and Pogba should play there . The times where he was covering Matic ground yesterday because our oiltanker Matic was still working on turning was uncountable. I thought Fred was one of our better players.

KennyBurner

His kind of composure is meaningless because all it does is slows down our play and allows opposition to regroup. Don’t mistaken needless amount of touches for composure as this basically says he is not aware of the surroundings and needs several touches to evaluate the situation he’s in (he knows he can shield the ball alright to give himself time for this) but this is no use for us at all.
How is that no use for us at all when bottom feeders decide they can come to our own home and press us all over the park? Because of matic we are able to secure the midfield and give our attackers time and space to operate more effectively. He buys us a lot of time when attacking. How that is meaningless I really dont know. he might need to improve his time on the ball that will get better when the team gets more confidence(posssibly when we go on a winning streak and our manager finally decides permanent 11).

He is more composed than pogba and herrera. Fred comes the closest. Who else might you have in mind?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Agree. I have Fred and Herrera as my two box to box midfielders, alongside Pereira, who I think is a gem of a player, both Fred and Herrera have decent passing abilities, whilst Pereira has very creative abilities, and terrific dead ball skills. With either Pogba or Mata slightly more advanced, and a front two of Rashford and Martial, we would frighten a few teams I think.
Pereira is pretty poor in defending though, he lacks pace and is a bit rash in the tackle so often gets yellows.

He'd be best as the DLP with Herrera behind him next to Pogba. Pereira also has a great shot and good with quick passes.

I think the thing we can all agree on is Matic shouldn't be starting right now.

Canagel

Set up like this?

DDG
Dalot Smalling Lindelof Shaw
Fred Periera Herrera
Pogba
Rashford Martial

Must be tried in the big games.
Mata for Herrera in the easier games.​

OldTrevil

How is that no use for us at all when bottom feeders decide they can come to our own home and press us all over the park? Because of matic we are able to secure the midfield and give our attackers time and space to operate more effectively. He buys us a lot of time when attacking. How that is meaningless I really dont know. he might need to improve his time on the ball that will get better when the team gets more confidence(posssibly when we go on a winning streak and our manager finally decides permanent 11).

He is more composed than pogba and herrera. Fred comes the closest. Who else might you have in mind?
Pogba is one of the most serene midfielders with the ball in the world, and yet you put Matic ahead of him and childishly capitalize the word composed. Sorry, but I can only laugh at that.

KennyBurner

Pogba is one of the most serene midfielders with the ball in the world, and yet you put Matic ahead of him and childishly capitalize the word composed. Sorry, but I can only laugh at that.
If you think pogba is our most composed midfielder I really don’t think there is any reason to argue with you anymore. There is a reason why he often does terrible in big games for us. Maybe you just don’t understand the diffrence between composure and skill. I’m pretty sure you also think pogba is more composed than Micheal Carrick? But hey let me leave you to keep laughing childishly by yourself.

the_irish123

He had to work for two in our midfield yesterday. Matic is not good enough to play in our midfield. Fred, Herrera and Pogba should play there . The times where he was covering Matic ground yesterday because our oiltanker Matic was still working on turning was uncountable. I thought Fred was one of our better players.
That will never happen because of set pieces.

Ashley R1+O

Looks like he's coming along nicely. If Matic wasn't in such poor form then I think if he played a little two-man rotate with Pogba as the attacking/advanced midfielder then it might be a nice little combination going forward. The problem is that when Pogba and Fred switch, Fred gets back like a madman to help out, Pogba just jogs back and shirks any and all responsibility in defense. Which creates a major circuit breaker in building a cohesive midfield, despite both of their talent. It feels like three midfielders and not a midfield three.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Thing is, he’ll have a ok/poor game next time he plays, and he’ll be deemed a huge waste of money. Think that’s already happened once already. He’s the sort of player who neeeds to be carefully integrated into the team. Which is what is happening. But doubt this place will have the patience.
He was written off already and I'm just waiting for him to establish himself before I have a laugh at that thread.

Some on here have no shame in changing their opinion week by week.

Matst1

He was written off already and I'm just waiting for him to establish himself before I have a laugh at that thread.

Thing is, i'm not sure if its just the sheer number of posters here, meaning a lot of conflicting views on topics, or, is it actually the same people who change their mind game to game. Its hard to keep track. I assume people cant be that daft, but then again...

I would love some data on this. You any good in Excel?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Still very early days for him. I expect he will begin to really come into his own during the second half of the season, and I think Jose has managed his games well this far.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Looks like he's coming along nicely. If Matic wasn't in such poor form then I think if he played a little two-man rotate with Pogba as the attacking/advanced midfielder then it might be a nice little combination going forward. The problem is that when Pogba and Fred switch, Fred gets back like a madman to help out, Pogba just jogs back and shirks any and all responsibility in defense. Which creates a major circuit breaker in building a cohesive midfield, despite both of their talent. It feels like three midfielders and not a midfield three.
Fred is the type that attacks the space, dribbles forward, out of tight areas, and takes players on before making a pass. If he gets dispossessed he needs some sort of defensive balance behind him.

Ashley R1+O

Fred is the type that attacks the space, dribbles forward, out of tight areas, and takes players on before making a pass. If he gets dispossessed he needs some sort of defensive balance behind him.
You'll get that from one player in Matic who is in horrendous form, but asking Pogba to provide the second part of that is on a hiding to nothing.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Pereira is pretty poor in defending though, he lacks pace and is a bit rash in the tackle so often gets yellows.

He'd be best as the DLP with Herrera behind him next to Pogba. Pereira also has a great shot and good with quick passes.

Scholes wasn't the greatest at defending, and was always picking up yellow cards, but I think this young man could get some way to being as good as Scholesy, but he needs to play. He wouldn't be an out and out DM, but would assist Fred and Herrera in a defensive situation. He would be the player on the edge of the box waiting for the headed clearance from defence to start an attack going, with Pogba situated further upfield for the big boot clearance. Pereira would also take most of the free kicks around the opponents box.

KennyBurner

that line is so important. How can you change your opinion weekly?:lol:

He was dropped after scoring the only goal that won us the game then fast forward a few weeks and people were calling him a waste of money. Unbelievable!

All im asking for now is too hope he can just keep on playing. His quick and accurate passes are needed. Can play it on the ground or up top. Thats the big difference between him and hererra. Herrera can't play long balls and neither can he move with the ball. Fred is weaker but never discouraged from moving with the ball to bypass a press. We have a very quality player on our hands.

Nick7

that line is so important. How can you change your opinion weekly?:lol:

He was dropped after scoring the only goal that won us the game then fast forward a few weeks and people were calling him a waste of money. Unbelievable!

All im asking for now is too hope he can just keep on playing. His quick and accurate passes are needed. Can play it on the ground or up top. Thats the big difference between him and hererra. Herrera can't play long balls and neither can he move with the ball. Fred is weaker but never discouraged from moving with the ball to bypass a press. We have a very quality player on our hands.
You can change opinions whenever you want, if you've been swayed a certain direction. However, you cannot change fact. Fred hasn't won us any game of football. We drew 1-1 with Wolves.

Mcking

You can change opinions whenever you want, if you've been swayed a certain direction. However, you cannot change fact. Fred hasn't won us any game of football. We drew 1-1 with Wolves.
Well, he got us a point. How many games do you expect a central midfielder to win for his team?

suhaylah

Herrera had a very good season as deepest midfielder the season we won europa league. And then Mourinho went on to buy Matic who plays like a 50 yr old man.

Ekeke

Herrera had a very good season as deepest midfielder the season we won Europa League. And then Mourinho went on to buy Matic who plays like a 50 yr old man.
Just Mourinho things. Ander may be a very good player, but he wasnt Mourinho's player. So regardless of how well he plays Mourinho was going to look to bring in the type of player he really wants. I suspect we'll see the same with Luke Shaw and despite him being one of our best players this season, Mourinho will bring someone else in he fancies more for left back.

MuranoLover

Just Mourinho things. Ander may be a very good player, but he wasnt Mourinho's player. So regardless of how well he plays Mourinho was going to look to bring in the type of player he really wants. I suspect we'll see the same with Luke Shaw and despite him being one of our best players this season, Mourinho will bring someone else in he fancies more for left back.
Like who?

Canagel

You should blame the attackers who were rubbish in that game before talking about Fred. The strikers win you the games.

In the little amount he's played Pereira has done very well and isn't far behind him

NinjaFletch

After shifting out Mhkitaryan it seems we've acquired another player whose technical ability seems to be tied to a random number generator somewhere.

Had some good moments, but I'm not convinced he's a better player than Herrera, and he's certainly not got his discipline.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not sure he he deserved to be subbed, thought he was playing well. Intercepted and won the ball plenty, had a few nice passes forward.

The midfield has to be Pogba/Herrera/Fred, it would be a great balance.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
From good to bad to solid to average and so on. In one game. But i like him. He will ve good. So far he is not 70 mil player but i am glad that we have him.

Web of Bissaka

Our best player (other than Alexis) when the rest were terrible first 30 mins. And then he play terrible. Rightly subbed out.

+ Nice steals early on, good high press, good energy and ball retention.
- Passes are poor this time, team play is bad and lack discipline.

deafepl

I don't understand Jose's treatment of Fred who is having decent with us, winning second balls and try to start an attack which he created two chances for us, Matic is having an awful game yet not dropped. If you are tall, you would be granted to be undroppable, Jose's logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.