Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Good game. He's good at receiving the ball in tight areas and still managing to keep the ball and make the pass when pressed. Something we've missed in recent weeks when we've struggled to string 2 or 3 passes together.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I like the way he plays and if there's one player that needs more game time it's Fred. He's a little rough around the edges and the best way to get him to gel a bit better with the team (and move the ball a bit quicker) is to let him play consistently. I love his energy and movement because that's exactly what we need in the middle of the park since Pogba and Matic doesn't exactly run their socks off.

Kopral Jono

Fredge needs to be played more. We need runners and quick thinkers in midfield and today it showed why.

the_irish123

I think he needs a Matic rather than Pereira. Remember he played with Stepanenko, tall man who shielded defense. This was the first game in his comfort zone, someone clearly to shield him and Pogba in front of him, not in his side taking away his space. With Pereira we get that same problem of the roles not being clear.

deafepl

I think he needs a Matic rather than Pereira. Remember he played with Stepanenko, tall man who shielded defense. This was the first game in his comfort zone, someone clearly to shield him and Pogba in front of him, not in his side taking away his space. With Pereira we get that same problem of the roles not being clear.
Matic? Nope, it's Herrera who can compliment him so well as DM, technically sound, good on balls under pressure and more mobile & energy in midfield and quick passes.

Canagel

It's so bloody hard to get the ball off him. he just rides the challenges and just when you think he's been dispossessed he comes out with the ball. Want to see him play every week. He plays with a finesse.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Thought he was excellent today. Good passing and showed his ability to keep the ball multiple times.

Good game for him.

8/10.

KennyBurner

This guy is one of the main reasons Everton couldn’t dominate us on the ball. His composure and ability to find passes beat Everton press on multiple occasions. He also constantly pressures the opposition. Because of him Ashley was able to find a pass instead of that hoof he loves to do.

So why doesn’t he start more?

haram

Seems like a player that needs to play consistently to keep ticking over.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Strange player. Still not sure where he's supposed to be playing or what type of midfielder he's meant to me. Very unorthodox the way he appears in random places. Not sure Mourinho will depend on him very much but perhaps he'd flourish in a more high tempo, pressing side. Did some good things today though.
He's a well rounded box to box. Not really a master of 1 thing but good at everything.

He's a high energy player and I like that he moves the ball quickly and doesn't stand still.

Thought he had a great game and really helped us keep the passing tempo high.

LJJT

Really good once he settled in to it. Can pass, can run, works hard, can be trusted with the ball. He could be a really key player for us if he gets a good run in the team.

Andersons Dietician

He played well today and gave us a lot of options and energy, makes you wonder why he hasn’t been playing recently helps cover a lot of the holes the other two create in our midfield. Tenacious little dude as well.

Charles Miller

He seems to regularly start games quite poorly but slowly and surely gets better as the match goes on. He's done it a couple of times for us, and I know he also did it against City last year when he played them in the CL.
I watched a game in the champions league against Man City where he looked like an amateur for 20 minutes. Then he started to control all actions, played really well, scored a goal and Shakhtar won the game. Its really strange. He tends to look poor in the first minutes.

thegaffa

Supports
Chelsea
Can’t help but think he’s the worst out of Arthur and Jorginho as a Brazilian midfielder.

Robbo*

I think he could be used as a Willian type wide midfielder if called for in certain away games. Bit like Hargreaves was for a short while.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I really enjoy watching this guy. Think he fits with what we as fans want to see, and I think he was one of the guys that inspired much of the fast pace football we saw if I'm honest. Its been so many games where he hasn't played where we haven't managed to keep any sort of pace in our play, so for him to come in just when we managed to change our play to a more fast paced style, can't be coincidental. Because we have tried to do that without him, and it hasn't worked. Keep this up and he is going to be magnificent, I'm impressed.

MAME DIOUF 32

Good game, definitely justified his recall. I still think he's a bit undisciplined. You never really know where he's going to be. I guess that'll improve as he gets used to the team.

luke511

I had to remind myself it wasn't Nani when I saw the no.17 shirt in bright yellow boots bursting forward with the ball today, gave me nostalgia haha.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Another player who can make things happen from midfield. Makes our football look better. Now he needs to be used properly and given a run of games. However the way we're leaking goals he's bound to be pilloried for some mistake sooner than later, whether by fans or by Mourinho.

simplyared

Think it's done him good to have been sidelined for a number of games. Still a bit to go until we see the finished product, but there are signs of very exciting player in there. Strikes the ball well and could well get us some goals from outside the box. Needs to get in that position more often like Scholsey used to.

Charlie Foley

I would happily see a 442 diamond with Herrera at the base, Fred right, Pogba left and Mata in the hole. Martial front left and A.N. Other front right. Lukaku in form, his skill set would be suited best there imo, he’s best drifting to the right I think. But any of the 3 could go there.

Could swap in Fellaini for Herrera/(or Fred and move Herrera into Fred’s spot) if against a direct team, or Pereira/Lingard for Mata.

TheLastQuestion

Supports
Stevenage
I would happily see a 442 diamond with Herrera at the base, Fred right, Pogba left and Mata in the hole. Martial front left and A.N. Other front right. Lukaku in form, his skill set would be suited best there imo, he’s best drifting to the right I think. But any of the 3 could go there.

Could swap in Fellaini for Herrera/(or Fred and move Herrera into Fred’s spot) if against a direct team, or Pereira/Lingard for Mata.
I've been hoping for this formation too and it seems to fit our squad. Could be the way to get Sanchez firing, think he was best for Arsenal playing a bit more central. Try him up top with Lukaku/Rashford/Martial and surely we can find a team that really clicks.

Andersonson

Grew into it. Started very shaky, gave the ball away and made many bad choices. But he ended the game with his head held high. He will become a very good player for us eventually.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
As I said, he's an engine midfielder. He won't create goal chances or do disruptive passes, but he will offer a lot of energy into our game. We desperatly need this type of player in our squad. Hope he steps up, because he will be very useful.

OldTrevil

I want to see a midfield of Pogba Herrera Fred. Matic's lack of mobility and atrocious passing really puts us under the cosh and limits the effectiveness of his midfield partners.

KennyBurner

Before this game we had maybe 1 win in 7 I think. Fred also wasn’t involved in those games I believe? If this guy had featured im pretty sure we wouldn’t be so unfortunate. Yesterday we were able to play and move the ball around quickly. Fred is very press resistant which made it hard for Everton to play their game. Whenever he plays there is always an option in midfield to pass too. He too is very good at stringing passes together which removes a lot of workload of pogba.

I need mourinho ro trust this guy like he has with smalling and lindelof in defense. Let the man feature with pogba and matic against juventus. We can absolutely beat them if we play our own game.

Smores

Good game, definitely justified his recall. I still think he's a bit undisciplined. You never really know where he's going to be. I guess that'll improve as he gets used to the team.
Which is exactly why he hasn't been in the team i feel. I know people want to see new shiny toys but it's no bad thing that he has been giving the time to get to know his team mates

Matst1

Thing is, he’ll have a ok/poor game next time he plays, and he’ll be deemed a huge waste of money. Think that’s already happened once already. He’s the sort of player who neeeds to be carefully integrated into the team. Which is what is happening. But doubt this place will have the patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.