5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick321

Looking like more money well spent. Though I won't judge him under this manager of course.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So how do the "It's not Jose's fault as he wasn't backed" crowd explain this guy's omission?
Feels to me like Mourinho knows his time is up and he's fully riding the "I gave chances to youth" train with McTominay over Fred.

Infra-red

So how do the "It's not Jose's fault as he wasn't backed" crowd explain this guy's omission?
Mourinho presumably believes Fred is not good enough at this point. He may have written him off (unlikely) or he may be hoping he improves, having only been here a few months.

Kapardin

Mourinho presumably believes Fred is not good enough at this point. He may have written him off (unlikely) or he may be hoping he improves, having only been here a few months.
Fred scored against Wolves. How can he improve when he isn't even given a chance against relegation fodder at home?

SER19

Feels to me like Mourinho knows his time is up and he's fully riding the "I gave chances to youth" train with McTominay over Fred.
So he’s playing a lesser player to salvage his reputation rather than actually trying to win the game to salvage his reputation. Interesting theory.

Devil may care

I'm guessing he wasn't a Mourinho signing at this point, as there no way he offers this team less than McTominay when we are at home to one of the worst teams in the league.

Infra-red

Fred scored against Wolves. How can he improve when he isn't even given a chance against relegation fodder at home?
I would assume that Mourinho has been unhappy with him in training, and/or was unimpressed with what he saw from him in Derby & West Ham sub appearances.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
if that's true then Mourinho is out of his dept, but that we all know already, Fred's ommission is more of a case of Mourinho tryna prove a point and just laugh out at our football club. He's simply evil piece of you know what, trying to act he's more than a club.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
I am sure Fred will come good with a new manager/when mourinho is gone, he's got obvious qualitiies but Mourinho makes his political decisions again and again, freezing pereira, fred and many other players in his career, to play his favourites like Matic, Fellaini, McT. McT FFS! Sack him already

cantaldo

I'm guessing Fred is refusing to wear the football boots given to him by Mourinho with 6 inch lifts in them

Last edited by a moderator:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm guessing he wasn't a Mourinho signing at this point, as there no way he offers this team less than McTominay when we are at home to one of the worst teams in the league.
I don't see any reason for Ed to sign Fred will benefit us in sponsor or financial. He's clearly Mourinho's signing, Jose has been indicating wanted to sign a new midfielder and also wanted a Brazilian in his team. This might just be another failure from manager just like how he was wrong to sign Bailly & Lindelof, time will tell.

the_irish123

Got himself a start for Brazil last night.
Judging from reddit, he was pretty bad. Brazilians were joking about his agent being a god..

Still, if the manager picks him ahead of Allan and Arthur there must be something hes doing in training at least.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Judging from reddit, he was pretty bad. Brazilians were joking about his agent being a god..

Still, if the manager picks him ahead of Allan and Arthur there must be something hes doing in training at least.
Ah feck. He's poor for the NT too :(

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
You’re guessing he wasn’t a Jose signing just because hes been poor?

Giggsyking

No he is a Mourinho signing because Jose is the manager and he makes the calls on signings. Jose said literally that Fred is the exact player he wanted to complete his midfield.

el3mel

He's definitely not Mourinho signing and I have been sharing this doubt for some good time now.

Devil may care

He was dropped after his best half and he's not had enough back to back games to even settle in, so it's hard to judge, but Matic has been poor in every game this season and just keeps getting picked, and now even the completely mediocre McTominay is thrown in while Fred sits on the bench, it just feels like a player that was possibly chosen by the scouts and board rather than Mourinho.

Smores

He was dropped after his best half and he's not had enough back to back games to even settle in, so it's hard to judge, but Matic has been poor in every game this season and just keeps getting picked, and now even the completely mediocre McTominay is thrown in while Fred sits on the bench, it just feels like a player that was possibly chosen by the scouts and board rather than Mourinho.
Do you apply the same logic to all the other coaches not immediately playing their signing?

McTominay obviously isn't as good but Jose has a direction to play our youth (which our fans want) but more importantly McTominay knows Jose's instructions.

If he's not getting games post december there's an issue but right now it just looks like we're giving him time to settle in and work on things in training first.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He's definitely not Mourinho signing and I have been sharing this doubt for some good time now.
Well who’s signing is he then? He’s not some marketing juggernaut, so I don’t for one second believe that he was a Woodward/board choice.

Apokalips

Why do people always try and guess who is "not a Mourinho signing"? It should be clear by now that all of our signings are signed off by the manager.

If the board were signing guys the managers weren't keen on then we'd have Toni Kronos and Thiago who were vetoed by managers. Jose would also be kicking up more of a fuss, he's only complained about not getting all his targets, not that anyone wasn't his idea which is what happened at Chelsea.

Mou also talked about how much he wanted Fred and also said back in Feb or something that he'd definitely be signing a Brazilian. Pep also wanted Fred so it's not as if we're the only ones. He's been here all of 5 minutes and been labelled a flop?

Let's just chill. You can see similar at Liverpool with Keita and Fabinho. Mourinho did similar with Miki too.

el3mel

Well who’s signing is he then? He’s not some marketing juggernaut, so I don’t for one second believe that he was a Woodward/board choice.
Don't know but sure as hell not Mourinho's.

He played the first few games but once the results were in danger Mourinho dropped him to Fellaini. He was subbed off during Wolves game despite playing his best game for us and overall, ever since that Spurs game he didn't play much at all. Doesn't look like a signing a manager made because he trusted him.

Devil may care

Do you apply the same logic to all the other coaches not immediately playing their signing?

McTominay obviously isn't as good but Jose has a direction to play our youth (which our fans want) but more importantly McTominay knows Jose's instructions.

If he's not getting games post december there's an issue but right now it just looks like we're giving him time to settle in and work on things in training first.
I am going by the logic that if your team is playing shite and the two players taking your role are playing shite then you should be getting games, he didn't even have enough games to try and settle before he was benched. There's been a lot of stories that we are buying players Ed and the board want as opposed to the manager, it's one of Mourinho's gripes, he feels like he's got his hands tied behind his back, and I just get the feeling Fred might be another one of these deals, if you look at Mourinho's types then Fred isn't exactly a fit, he covers a lot of ground but he's rash, tactically indisciplined and loose technically, not a typical Mourinho CM profile..

izec

He is a Mourinho signing, but like Lindelöf, Jose has no clue how to use them. Ok Lindelöf is bang average and a complete misjudgment by our great manager, but Fred seems to have some talent (needs more time coming from a poor league). If things get tough, Jose chooses the safe option for him, which means big and strong over flair.

Cloud7

Why is every player who isn’t performing or being used suddenly not a Mourinho signing? FFS. So were Matic and Lukaku the only Mourinho signings then?

el3mel

Why is every player who isn’t performing or being used suddenly not a Mourinho signing? FFS. So were Matic and Lukaku the only Mourinho signings then?
Not a single link here. I slaughter Lukaku regularly and I'm pretty sure he's Mourinho signing from the way he trusts him even when he's shite.

The United

The funny thing is they don't get why they get the lols when they claim that kind of shit around.

Cloud7

Not a single link here. I slaughter Lukaku regularly and I'm pretty sure he's Mourinho signing from the way he trusts him even when he's shite.
What’s far more likely is Mourinho signs players then freezes them out when he can’t get the best of them, like he did with Mkhi. The reason he trusts Lukaku is because Lukaku is infallibly loyal to him no matter what, not because he was one of the few “Mourinho signings”.

I mean this is the most convenient excuse anyone can use, and it’s the most ridiculous one possible. It’s the ultimate get out of jail card. Manager can’t get the team to perform? Well these weren’t his signings. This is a new level of reaching.

el3mel

What’s far more likely is Mourinho signs players then freezes them out when he can’t get the best of them, like he did with Mkhi. The reason he trusts Lukaku is because Lukaku is infallibly loyal to him no matter what, not because he was one of the few “Mourinho signings”.

I mean this is the most convenient excuse anyone can use, and it’s the most ridiculous one possible. It’s the ultimate get out of jail card. Manager can’t get the team to perform? Well these weren’t his signings. This is a new level of reaching.
First that's not an excuse for performance. You're simply inventing things out of your mind and basing your discussion on it. Again I slaughter Lukaku regularly and I never said he wasn't his signing because he's shite. You'll not hear the same about most of the squad either. How many underperforming players you saw this thing said about them in their threads to come with your imaginary point ? Stop inventing things.

Second, it's easy to know if he's his signing or not by the way he trusts him. The likes of Matic or Lukaku even when they're shite they usually play. He's still giving Lindelof many chances even when he's poor. Both Fred and Mikhi doesn't seem to have that kind of trust from him. Mikhi started out from first game on the bench and took months to start playing ( so that negates your point about him not being able to get the best of them, as Mikhi was a bench warmer from the start and only came to playing by December ) while Fred was dropped to a player Mourinho trusts more as Fellaini once the results went dangerous the euphoria of a new signing went down, and since then he has barely played. He doesn't even trust him to complete a 90 minutes even when he's playing well like against Wolves. Doesn't need rocket science to realize he simply doesn't trust him that much and no manager will splash 50m on a player he doesn't trust to even complete 90 minutes.

More likely a scout choice and we signed him based on their scouting. Whatever he comes good or bad under another manager that's another thing.

Canagel

I agree. He plays with too much risk for a Mourinho player. he was recommended by the scouts most likely or he wasn't the first midfield choice and was lower down the list.

ROFLUTION

I don't agree. He can both be played as a 6 or 8, and I'd think Mourinho has been looking for someone to complement and release Pogba more. Ticks the boxes. Mourinho even said himself he's got 2 out of 4 players he wanted or something like this. Would be weird to say, if he's not satisfied with getting Fred.

Patience - He'll be good. He's a tidy player when in form.

Status
Not open for further replies.