5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

I'll wait till mourinho goes. Besides i already had the opinion that he was a tier below jorginho, the man which was needed here.
At least Jorginho has certain qualities we all know, this lad on the otherhand.

I think he's escaping it now thanks to the aura of being a new a signing and the awful state of the team. Next season he will probably join the list of the deadwood. Can't see any certain thing I can talk about in him that he excels at.

Patrick08

I think he's escaping it now thanks to the aura of being a new a signing and the awful state of the team. Next season he will probably join the list of the deadwood. Can't see any certain thing I can talk about in him that he excels at.
He could be a matuidi like player, if managed properly by a decent manager.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Sadly I see this happening next season.

Mcking

The only thing this lad proves is how great City are when it comes to evaluating players. They backed off from this deal and Sanchez one and let us throw loads of money at them. Only morons will pay 50m for this lad.
City reportedly had a €50m bid rejected by Shakhtar in January. Perhaps we beat them to the signing, or they didn't want to pay as much as we did. Probably nothing to do with player quality.

Kostov

Unfortunately he looks like another dumb midfielder with very little awareness, and we got that department filled with mister Pogba already.

KennyBurner

50m for this lad, unbelievable. We make these crap players better than what they actually are with these fees. He's no worth than 20-30m.

I had said these concerns loads of times here. He's erratic, chaotic footballer with the ball. He simply has nothing except running alot. A "Lingard" version of midfielder.
You consistently chat a lot of shite on here. “Lingard of a footballer” what does that even mean? The guy is quality. When he starts performing well later or under another manager please keep the same energy.

Kostov

You can’t consistently chat a lot of shite on here. “Lingard of a footballer” what does that even mean? The guy is quality. When he starts performing well later or under another manager please keep the same energy.
I don't have a crystal ball, but he probably means, a very average football player.

KennyBurner

I don't have a crystal ball, but he probably means, a very average football player.
Well that’s just nonsense. He might give the ball away sometimes and might be a bit weak but calling him average is just insane.

Mcking

If sarri don't go to Chelsea, I think jorginho would have gone to city for the same price.
City reportedly agreed a £43m deal with Napoli for Jorginho, the same price they bid for Fred in January. Chelsea beat them with a reported £56m double bid for Sarri and Jorginho. City probably went for Jorginho because they were not willing to pay more than the £43m they bid for Fred.

Patrick08

City reportedly agreed a £43m deal with Napoli for Jorginho, the same price they bid for Fred in January. Chelsea beat them with a reported £56m double bid for Sarri and Jorginho. City probably went for Jorginho because they were not willing to pay more than the £43m they bid for Fred.
Chelsea beat them as sarri and London lured him to Chelsea, it was not because of the price.

Kostov

Well that’s just nonsense. He might give the ball away sometimes and might be a bit weak but calling him average is just insane.
He doesn't look like a 50m player that's all. And fans calling him average have their own reasons and I can see it why. Up till now he has been a disastrous 50 addition to a team that has Phil Jones as a CB, Young and Valencia as FBS and no RW in the team.

Patrick08

I think you missed the point of the whole thing.
No one knows exact details, but I think the fact that they changed targets from fred to jorginho was because his passing range and ball playing ability was better than fred. As a attacking manager you'd always choose ball playing skills and vision first than being jack of all trades like fred. That's the point.

Every team talks to multiple targets but later on choose the one they really want out of the two.

KennyBurner

He doesn't look like a 50m player that's all. And fans calling him average have their own reasons and I can see it why. Up till now he has been a disastrous 50 addition to a team that has Phil Jones as a CB, Young and Valencia as FBS and no RW in the team.
Your last sentence really sums it all up. Believe me when I say even Iniesta would struggle in this team. Now please don’t mistaken me for comparing Fred to iniesta but any creative players suffer especially when others around them are hardly ever moving. Fullbacks won’t ever overlap and the opposition knows this. Against Fulham Dalot consistently did this which created more space for our central players.

Why mourinho won’t give special instructions to our fullbacks to do this infuriated me. I can’t judge the likes of Fred or pogba if we keep playing a dysfunctional system. We have constantly seen glimpse of Fred’s quality and shouldn’t be to harsh on him but the manager.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
He was appalling. However what I will say is that anybody would struggle in that midfield with that front 3 ahead of them - there was literally no movement from the front 3 which makes it difficult as the midfield then has no space or options to move the ball forward. That still doesn't excuse getting the basics right, looks low on confidence.

Mcking

No one knows exact details, but I think the fact that they changed targets from fred to jorginho was because his passing range and ball playing ability was better than fred. As a attacking manager you'd always choose ball playing skills and vision first than being jack of all trades like fred. That's the point.

Every team talks to multiple targets but later on choose the one they really want out of the two.
Every player has different qualities. If they just wanted a midfielder that pass the ball, then they should have just gone for Jorginho rather than bidding for Fred. Maybe, they weren't willing to pay more than £43m for either. That price would have gotten them Jorginho, but Shahktar turned down the same price for Fred. I'm inclined to believe that Fred was their first choice and they just had to resort to Jorginho after Shahktar rejected their bid.

Copa Mundial

Can someone tell me what Fred's qualities are supposed to be? Is it passing, dribbling, tackling, man marking, attacking, holding, box to box?

Genuine question as I don't see any glimpses of anything remotely positive from him.

Craig Ward

I admit I didn't watch the Valencia game, but find it hard that we are writing this guy off when he has featured so sparingly so far,

When you also consider we have a front 3 who refuse to move, a midfielder in Matic who looks like his legs have gone and Pogba who loses the ball and instantly throws his arm in the air rather than doing anything about it.

The team selection for Valencia was mixed and misjointed, so judging him this harshly is a bit off for me.

Until we play as a team unit, it doesn't matter who we play, they'll all look sub par. To a man, we have been average all season

youngrell

Kid had a nightmare last night, losing the ball left, right and centre.

He wasn't helped at all by the static players around him, but he was poor nevertheless. Confidence will be shot to pieces after that performance, you could see it on his face as he left the field.

Devil81

Dreadful again, he's going to have to improve quicker as he's simply not been good enough so far. How many times during a game does the lad give the ball away!!

settembrini

Can someone tell me what Fred's qualities are supposed to be? Is it passing, dribbling, tackling, man marking, attacking, holding, box to box?

Genuine question as I don't see any glimpses of anything remotely positive from him.
Mobility, stamina, tackling, interceptions etc. Offensively he's average at best, defensively he is good enough that Guardiola wanted him as the heir to Fernandinho. He will continue to suck for us as long as Mourinho refuses to use him in a defensive position.

arthurka

I feel so sorry for him, he looks lost in this team.
I dont know what it is the system, tactics or confidence. Might be a bit of all.
Looks like any player who comes here under Mourinho looks regressing or has already regressed.

It plainly isn´t the same player that played last season in the CL.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Mobility, stamina, tackling, interceptions etc. Offensively he's average at best, defensively he is good enough that Guardiola wanted him as the heir to Fernandinho. He will continue to suck for us as long as Mourinho refuses to use him in a defensive position.
The guy's defensive awareness and positioning is atrocious. His defensive game is solely based on mindlessly running around as fast as he can. He isn't a defensive midfielder nor has he ever been one.

He was the heir to Fernandinho in the same way Gaitan and Sneijder are our new number 10s.

El Presidente

I haven’t seen enough from him, but I don’t think any new player should be judged under this manager, playing in this team.

For all I care he could have been in City right now and I can guarantee that the outlook would have been a whole lot different.

Ekeke

Dribbling, passing, tackling and energy in midfield. Has a decent shot on him too but has never been a regular goalscorer so dont expect too much there.

Here's a comparison from last season's champions league with his CM partner Stepanenko, Fernandinho and Matic :

Another set with some more offensive and players and Kante :

As you can see from this average position graphic from Shakhtar's 2-1 victory over City, Fred (number 8 on the left side) was pretty much side by side with Stepanenko (6) in CM.

This one is from City's 2-0 win over Shakhtar at home, once again he was next to Stepanenko (they're on the right this time)

What I will say is statistically this time he had a poor match whilst in the other one he was pretty good

So overall from last season's champions league games I think we can see that he likes to get on the ball and tries to make things happen with dribbles, passes and shots but also won the ball as a combative midfielder a good amount. His CM partner made more interceptions while Fred was more on the side of pressing and trying to make tackles and forcing errors. So he's a bit of a jack of all trades which is what you need in a midfield 2. Maybe not so much in a midfield 3.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I think the probability that any player United sign for 40 million or more being a flop is about 0.99

at this rate we only need to sign another 90 players priced 40 million or more before we find one who works out.

DomM

he was worse than useless last night, I hope he improves, especially for the amount of money we spent on him.

Mr PG

Arsenal paid 20m for Torreira and 20m for Gendouzi, City 20m for Bernado silva and we paid 52m for Fred.
Every single individual who sanctioned this purchase should leave United and is representative of what's wrong at united.

Our team is full of immobile players. We have to play kids like Lingard and Rashford to get mobility. They should be subs not starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.