Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm struggling to understand this new era of "£50 million pound footballer needs our team to be better before we play him" malarkey.

It's also a weird an absolute bollocks of a comment because it's not like you're winning games/your defence is showing any signs of improvement either. If you were winning games i'd maybe understand it a little more but you're not and aren't looking like winning much either currently. Your defence reminds me of ours at the beginning of last season with Koeman. Absolutely awful and would be carved open with a toy knife. The only way we managed to improve it was with an ultra defensive manager and even that took time/meant that our side was void of any attacking intuition.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What he is essentially saying is I can't play my £52m midifelder until I spend elsewhere.
I have never heard such an argument.

Decent as usual once he settled but i worry how nervy he was when he first came on. I hope its not Mourinho at work again. Lots of players seem to be terrified of making mistakes with him watching.

Valencia 2:1 Man Utd

el3mel

50m for this lad, unbelievable. We make these crap players better than what they actually are with these fees. He's no worth than 20-30m.

I had said these concerns loads of times here. He's erratic, chaotic footballer with the ball. He simply has nothing except running alot. A "Lingard" version of midfielder.

steakpie

A couple of misplaced passes doesn't make you a bad player.

I still think he has alot to offer.

Unfortunately we will not see him for 2 years now.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I still think he'll come good but I still cannot figure out what is he supposed to be good at, as in, what's his strongest trait? Running? Passing? Dribbling?

No wonder he doesn't play alongside Pogba as we'd beat the world record for being the most dispossessed midfield in the world.

I reserve judgement on him whilst Mourinho is still here. Early in the second half he turns and passes to Lukaku, who simply turns his back and runs away from. That's not poor play that's a lack of coaching. He should know as soon as he turns where Lukaku is going to run and where he wants that pass.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Someone compared him to a dog chasing a ball. Pretty much sums him up.

simplyared

People saying he needs time to settle to the PL. Tonight wasn't the PL and he still looks inadequate. So far from the finished product. There's no way Mourinho would chance playing him against Liverpool. All I can see in the player is a decent forward pass now and then. Apart from that he offers absolutely nothing.

Ekeke

I think he had a few positive moments, but a lot of the things he tried didnt come off. Thats happened in several of his matches. Not as bad as some made out in the matchday thread but not good either.

Copa Mundial

Fred was absolutely appalling tonight from start to finish. One of the worst performances from a professional player I have seen in a very long time.

Bwuk

Fred was absolutely appalling tonight from start to finish. One of the worst performances from a professional player I have seen in a very long time.
Agreed he was shockingly bad.

Really not sure what he brings to the table.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He didn't even look like a professional footballer never mind an international player who just cost 50 Million. Something terrible is happening to all players at United.

Canagel

I want to see him under a different manager. We can pass a proper judgement then.

Tosicsleftpeg

I just never see him do much, tonight he ran forward loads with the ball then just passed it straight to the opposition. Keown for it right for once by saying he'd had a nightmare.

ravi2

I reserve judgement on him whilst Mourinho is still here. Early in the second half he turns and passes to Lukaku, who simply turns his back and runs away from. That's not poor play that's a lack of coaching. He should know as soon as he turns where Lukaku is going to run and where he wants that pass.
I agree, I want to see him under a new manager before casting judgement on him. I think he can be a lot better ...I think that about all our players but under Jose they dont seem able to play to their potential.

RMD83

He was absolutely woeful tonight. Against young boys he was hit and miss and I felt harshly removed but it was at least encouraging to see someone moving the ball forward quickly but tonight he barely resembled a competent footballer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I saw him play a number of times before we signed him and he never impressed me at all as far as being a United player. I hope he proves me wrong but I think we got robbed by Shakhtar.

Bola

I think he had a few positive moments, but a lot of the things he tried didnt come off. Thats happened in several of his matches. Not as bad as some made out in the matchday thread but not good either.
There is mitigating circumstances in that we played a strange formation tonight, with an overcrowded midfield and no width. Also dies not help when you have the statue Lukakku as your only attacking outlet.

He wasn't afraid of trying something positive and tried his best to hold onto the ball until a half decent option came up.

Not ready to give up on him yet, but he needs to do far more to justify that price tag

el3mel

The only thing this lad proves is how great City are when it comes to evaluating players. They backed off from this deal and Sanchez one and let us throw loads of money at them. Only morons will pay 50m for this lad.

Kostov

I want to know who was the genius that decided we needed to spend 50 fecking millions on Fred while our team has such obvious holes in other positions.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Shocking tonight but big Rom does him no favours. Think Rashers movement suits him much better.

Andersonson

Terrible, thats the only way to put it. If this performance was by Matic or Fellaini they would've been burned alive in here.

kr0nix

The only thing this lad proves is how great City are when it comes to evaluating players. They backed off from this deal and Sanchez one and let us throw loads of money at them. Only morons will pay 50m for this lad.
He'd probably do alright at City given that they have a manager that can actually coach and improve his players.

el3mel

He'd probably do alright at City given that they have a manager that can actually coach and improve his players.
City backed off from him already. They scouted him and decided he's not worth the money. Only we were idiotic enough to throw 50m on average. I bet his Ukranian team were laughing their arses of us for that deal. Not each crap player is going to look world beater once we get a new manager. That's delusional.

Herrera was x10 the player Fred is when we signed him.

Last edited:

Canagel

City backed off from him already. They scouted him and decided he's not worth the money. Only we were idiotic enough to throw 50m on average. I bet his Ukranian team were laughing their arses of us for that deal. Not each crap player is going to look world beater once we get a new manager. That's delusional.

You will surprised at how many players that can be transformed under a different management. It's not like City/Liverpool are team of world beaters either. Is Fred any worse than Henderson/Wijnaldum? Very much doubt that

kr0nix

I probably didn't explain myself well enough. I'm personally less than convinced by Fred, but he might still do better with the right coaching and tactics, to help improve/mask his flaws. That's what good coaches do, Fergie got the best out of some decidedly average players, Klopp is doing the same. No one expects Mou to turn Phil Jones into Maldini but with all due respect, if he can't improve talented players like Pogba and Martial, what chance does Fred have?

el3mel

You will surprised at how many players that can be transformed under a different management. It's not like City/Liverpool are team of world beaters either. Is Fred any worse than Henderson/Wijnaldum? Very much doubt that
Well yeah, the guy lacks any kind of quality on the ball it's ridiculous. Just a midfielder version of Lingard whose only good attribute is running a lot without anything showing for it. Completely chaotic. He's good enough as a 20m squad option not fecking 50m. There's a reason why City backed off from this deal after scouting him.

Patrick08

I'll wait till mourinho goes. Besides i already had the opinion that he was a tier below jorginho, the man which was needed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.