Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
It's fun watching him play. There is definite talent there. He is just a bit raw at the moment.

Andrew~

He looked really rusty. Probably needs a few weeks after basically being frozen out for a while.

Litch

I thought he played well and some really good passing especially the ball with the outside of left foot to Mata (?) I understand that the passes won't always come off but he wasn't sloppy, just trying to be progressive in his passing. You can see he's technically very good and thought Matic was much worse than him....

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
What a first touch. He should sue his shoe sponsor like Fellaini did. Because those things are slippery as heck.

Ekeke

Has pretty good vision for a pass but looks off the pace still. Doesn't take much responsibility tracking players backwards. Pogba looked better defensively than him and thats not a good sign.

I still find the theory of City wanting him as Fernandinho's replacement funny. Delph is better in that role.

rooneyberbatov

I think it's too early to judge him, but I notice that he may lack on the ball intelligence and he sometimes struggles with anticipation of opponent's play. But he needs more time, surely.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I honestly just don't see it. He's like Scott Parker; looking busy without any meaning.

Foxbatt

Any player needs a regular run out to get used to the pace and the league. He has never been given a regular games under Jose.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
And how many games has he played? Give the man some time to shake the rust off. He hasn't even gelled with the team because Jose has left him to rot on the bench.
It doesn't matter. Watch him play. He hasn't a clue how to read the play or sense danger. That isn't rust. It's a complete lack of understanding. He can't anchor a midfield and he never will be able to. It's laughable to suggest otherwise.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
He brings energy into the midfield. A lot of running and a lot of pressing.

It's either him or Herrera, but one of them needs to play to help Matic out. So far it's working out.

Phil Osophy

The problem of Fred today is not just the execution but also the bad decision making. Someone who's there to bring balance can't be disposessed time and time again trying to past dribble players through the center of the field, where the opposition team is waiting for us. He drove the ball too much when a simple pass could do wonders, and at the same time he did it poorly so it was a mess.

I think Solskjaer didn't want to be hard at half time and gave him the chance to improve, but I think the man wanted to impress or compensate after a poor first half and did it even worse in that time. I'm all for having patience and give the man time, but he needs to relax a bit, be cold and play it easy.

Verminator

Expected him to be subbed after the first half, and then when he gave the ball away, followed by letting their player run off him, to the box.
He needs a slap of reality if he thinks he can do that here.
Hopefully he learns.

LeftyBlaster

It doesn't matter. Watch him play. He hasn't a clue how to read the play or sense danger. That isn't rust. It's a complete lack of understanding. He can't anchor a midfield and he never will be able to. It's laughable to suggest otherwise.
Oh I didn’t mean to suggest that he could anchor a midfield. Was just trying to say he isn’t as shit as some are making him out to be here. Totally agree that we need someone else to do it. Maybe we can steal Ndidi from Leicester.

Canagel

:lol: And people think he can anchor a midfield. His positioning and awareness are beyond awful.
He needs time to adjust to the pace of the league. On the ball I thought he did some good things. Some really nice passes on the counter. He needs time to understand his teammates and how they want to play ,which he didn't get on the bench under Mourinho

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
He has a very good pass on him and a superb engine. Also great to see that he likes to take responsibility and get involved.

He needs to improve a few things though. For a Brazilian, his first touch doesn’t seem to stick as much as you’d hope. His positioning is also bad at times. Hopefully it’s all just an adjustment period still for him and that he’ll come good. The potential and talent is definitely there.

Dante

Average bang
He's not physically ready. Technically, I think he's more than good enough.

An odd decision by Ole to play him deeper than Matic. I think we were trying to utilise his long range passing. But against a brutish forward line (Pritchard excepted), he was always going to struggle to impose himself.

mu4c_20le

He reminds me of an older, slightly wiser Anderson. The physical strength and passing is there (Ando also used to ping those cross field passes), but sometimes looks lazy and positionally suspect. Hopefully he will grow into the league and become useful for us.

Nr.7

Give him time, but the first signs are not promising.

He was not good enough today.

Kostur

海尔的老板
As I've said before he still needs time to adjust and him being benched wasn't surprising at all, unless you've had an agenda against Mourinho.

I hope that Ole, unlike Mourinho, will define him a role though. There is place for him between Matić and Pogba I think but at the moment Herrera fills in that role better.

Devil may care

His lack of awareness is a big issue, one or two decent moments on the ball but his rawness is more what you'd expect from a 19/20 year old as opposed to a 25 year old with CL experience.

SATA

Ander seems better suited to the team at the moment. But it's abit of a dilemma and problem because if you don't play, you don't and can't improve. Ole has to find a way to integrate Fred into the team

deafepl

If you combine Fred's passing abilities & high attacking work rate and Herrera's defensive work rate = Frerrera would be the best midfielder in the world, this is a type of midfielder we need to find.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's a strange one. One minute he'll play three or four great balls that really get us on the front foot, then the very next minute he'll play a sloppy pass, dwell too long on the ball and lose it, and get caught out of position defensively.

Very raw and inconsistent at the moment. Somewhat understandable with coming from a much weaker league and then not playing very much, but I doubt he'll completely fix that up anytime soon. Hopefully he'll improve enough though to then deserve the time to continue improving further.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I love his aggression, balance and ability on the ball. His issues looks more psychological at the moment. His confidence isn't high and he hasn't found a clear functioning role in the team. He has good vision and a very good pass. If he gets more confident in his own game then his abilities will really shine through. I am hopeful his sloppy passing and confusion on the pitch isn't a trait he is carrying through a patch of good form as well. If so then our money on him is clearly wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.